Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Daily Comics that kind of poke fun at Crossdressing Help or Hurt

Hi Dana digs sweaters,
    I have never seen the TV shows you mentioned. However, I have seen the movies “Some like it Hot” and the CDer motel clerk in “The World’s Fastest Indian”. I thought it was just for entertainment value before I realized people CD in real life.

Most people that I know would tell you that they have never knowingly seen a CDer in person. CDers aren’t on their radar so it’s usually a surprise when they learn there are people, not just the media, that truly CD.

The comics are pretty funny. It’s always good when people can laugh at themselves.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-25-2018 at 12:06 AM.

All those comics seemed good natured. Poking fun at things (be it crossdressing or anything else) can also serve to enlighten and bring acceptance.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I have never seen the TV shows you mentioned.
    I thought it was just for entertainment value before I realized people CD in real life.
    Most people that I know would tell you that they have never knowingly seen a CDer in person.
    CDers aren’t on their radar so it’s usually a surprise when they learn there are people, not just the media, that truly CD.

The comics are pretty funny. It’s always good when people can laugh at themselves.
    Hi Char,
    Men dressed as women on television and film, certainly seems be very pervasive throughout the modern era.
    Add the internet and Kaboom!
    Many CDers "dress down" in public to blend in and not cause unwanted attention to themselves.
    It might be amazing of many CDers go unnoticed by people everyday.
    Crossdressing can be a heavy subject for some, but for me growing up, it was simply innocent childhood fun with my sisters.

son we re home.jpg

Growing up and watching TV together my Mother thought it was so funny when George Jetson pushed the HER button on the automatic Clothes Changer and ended up dressed head to toe in women's clothing !

c2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    Hi Char,
    Men dressed as women on television and film, certainly seems be very pervasive throughout the modern era.
    Add the internet and Kaboom!
    Many CDers "dress down" in public to blend in and not cause unwanted attention to themselves.
    It might be amazing of many CDers go unnoticed by people everyday.
    Crossdressing can be a heavy subject for some, but for me growing up, it was simply innocent childhood fun with my sisters.

son we re home.jpg
    That cartoon is me all over!

I think it's harmful but I'm not SJW enough to complain about it and demand that people respect my "safe space"
    The male in me just deals with all the negative stigma cartoons and comics portray.

Also I'm very certain the creators are either crossdressers themselves, Or they had no ill intent- That they were just exploring ideas that are wise and witty and came up with crossdressing one night.
    The idea that they want to create content that is deliberately trying to demean CDers is a baseless assumption that only an SJW from Tumblr would come up with.

Even if it is harmful, I believe in freedom of artistic expression.