Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trend Alert: MIAD

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    I assume you also meant to make a comment on MIADs , do you approve or disapprove ? It still doesn't do anything for me , I know from Phili's comments the mindset is very different , I can't live with the inbetween state , I'm either all man or all woman , I prefer the latter because I'm integrating more and more into the community . Some people only know me as Teresa now , to them that is my normal me . As Marcelle used to say it's social transition in action .

Banned Read only
    All of those guys looked like they were forced to wear a skirt and are not happy about it.

Maybe because they always seem to make skirts and dresses for men so ugly.

Complete mockery …. IMHO...………………….Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    All of those guys looked like they were forced to wear a skirt and are not happy about it.
    Not all of them. this fellow, for example, seems happy enough. miad at school.jpg

As far as the others, I get a strong feeling that most of them feel that they have to put up a mean, tough appearance in order to counter the female stuff they feel they are wearing, in order to give the appearance of 'I might be wearing a dress, but I'm really a really tough, masculine man underneath, so don't mess with me'.

Basically, they really want to wear girly stuff, but can't bring themselves to admit it because they're afraid of being assumed of being sissies.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not really a trend, since most of their examples were quite old.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Jennifer,
    I assume you also meant to make a comment on MIADs , do you approve or disapprove ? It still doesn't do anything for me , I know from Phili's comments the mindset is very different , I can't live with the inbetween state , I'm either all man or all woman , I prefer the latter because I'm integrating more and more into the community . Some people only know me as Teresa now , to them that is my normal me . As Marcelle used to say it's social transition in action .
    Sorry, should have 'splaind my self. ;-) I never dress fully, I honestly don't care to. I love hose, heels, and skirts, and wear them all publicly as a male. The heels are the hardest for me to accept in public, so I do it much less, or the heels are not very feminine, booties and such. But as far as hose and skirts go, most people in my life would be stunned to see me in pants!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Was it just me or did that article feel like it was translated by a computer? I couldn't really make much sense of it.

I think skirts and dresses won't become more common for men any time soon, though I do feel like colors and patterns are becoming more interesting in some men's clothes.

I

Ok, some fashion pictures of guys in skirts, but no matter how much fashionistas try to push the boundaries it isn't going to be something sweeping the country. None of the outfits I would even want to wear, and only a couple skirts I would possibly wear. Guess I am not trendy

The English was awful. It almost looks like an attempt to generate writing using an AI. I couldn’t get past the first paragraph. Could someone summarize?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The first couple of paragraphs were enough for me.
    When I see this stuff on fashion shows I have to think they don't sell many items or lines because the buyer knows guys aren't going to wear it.
    If its made for a guy I don't want it !!
    Will it become fashion? who knows but I won't be wearing guy clothes ever.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-11-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Complete mockery …. IMHO...………………….Debra
    That's the word I was looking for! To those designers... Yeah. Good luck with that.

My Gawd, those were some ugly outfits. And yes they were designed for men. Wouldn't be caught dead in any of them.

Super- Jen and thanks.

If we can look beyond the grim ghoulish models that parallel the cold eyed female models so prevalent, I see a lot of hope here. There is a much longer list of celebs who are taking advantage of their status to make the world safer for us all!

I liked only a few pics, but once non-pants are ok, the doors are flung open and we can wear what we want.

It opens the question of how many of us would end up satisfied by our dressing options and liberated enough as males to no longer be considered cross-dressers. We wouldn't have to cross over anywhere to escape being men, because being a man had infinite options.
    We are all beautiful...!

Yes, I think the article was a mockery too. Not the first time I've seen the design houses do this and I can only wonder where their little pea brains were.

Now that said, I do have a good British friend who dresses in womens clothes as a man. I've grown use to him. He dresses well, not in those ridicuous designer outfits and is well accepted (for the most part) by his community, both cis and gender non-confirming

He is not trans nor has any desire to be seen as a woman. He just likes womans clothes so I say more power to him

Silver Member
    The grim faces seem to parallel the bitch face often seen on female runway models, so I don't see them as grim or unhappy. That said, in my opinion most of that stuff is ugly. No more stylish than a kilt. I wouldn't be caught dead in most of those outfits. I prefer my clothes to be feminine because that's who I am. On the other hand, the view that this could mark the beginning of accepting greater clothing freedom for XYs might have some validity.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    because being a man had infinite options.
    That is all I've ever wanted. I am not a woman in a mans body, I am a man that loves the clothes that only women are supposed to wear!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We have a name for people like u, Jenn:

Crossdresser!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me if I’m going to dress very feminine I’m going to make sure my makeup is as well even if I’m not wearing a wig.
    And there ain’t no way I will have any facial hair

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    We have a name for people like u, Jenn:

Crossdresser!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Most of the runway stuff was... well... runway stuff. Bored, pouty expressions with clothing options that are best described as “Wait, what?”. Let’s face it, how many times do you see consistently nice outfits that normal people wear daily on any catwalk?

I thought that most of the clothing combos were awful, but I’m wondering if we as a group are missing the point?

WE like to wear feminine clothing. Most of the outfits in the article had what I would describe as a masculine dress or skirt.

So I liked it. Articles and fashion shows like that will get more men in skirts. Who cares if at the beginning it’s mostly Kilts or “manly” dresses? The sooner it’s more acceptable for men to wear masculine skirts and dresses, the sooner it will be more acceptable for men to wear feminine clothing.

Michelle.

Looks more like the metro-sexual look getting more androgynous. Dress like you want but it's not for me.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

That was about the worst written thing I've ever read; not only was it written in horrid English, but was about 99% incomprehensible. I think it was translated from the ancient Etruscan by a deaf and blind monk. The outfits were awful and most of the models looked seriously.pissed off about wearing them.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

If you look at many women’s fashion that appears on the runway, they are equally as ugly. I think some designers like to use “shock value” as a platform.

Agree with Char 100%. Another reason CDers might not like the clothing in the original post is that they are clothing made for men.