Thread: My Latest Advernture

My Latest Advernture

I thought I would update you on my latest adventure. It's been a while since I've shared something. What I'm going to share happened about a month ago. This will be a little lengthy but I think you will find it interesting.

On June 9 we have Pride day. Actually things go on for a whole week but June 9 was the big day. There is a group called Pride Festival and they organize the whole thing. Of course this is an all-inclusive affair covering the full LGBTQ spectrum. Last year an estimated 50,000 people attended the event and this year was expected to be similar.

Well the Pride Festival group are always looking for volunteers to help out. I'm thinking if I can't volunteer and attend this event where can I go. So I sign up to volunteer. I have full intention of dressing up for the day and doing my volunteering.

June 9 rolls around. I get all dolled up. Make up, skirt, blouse, garter belt, stockings, and a real cute pair of pink girls sneakers (not going to do this in 3" heels). Out the door I go.

Normally I do pack an escape bag in case I need to change and this occasion is no exception. Only problem is there is nowhere I can leave the bag except in my car which will be 45 minute drive via the shuttle van. I will essentially walking the tight rope without a safety net. Once I leave my car I'm committed to entering the world dressed as a girl and no easy way out. None the less, big breath and off I go.

I jump into the shuttle van and start chatting with the driver. Nothing awkward happens. We have some light conversation along the 45 minute drive. Everything is cool.

Once we arrive, I'm almost an hour early. Too early to check in for my volunteer shift. I decide to stroll around the area to see what's going on. Basically the festivities cover about a 10 block square area. Lots of restaurants, and display stands, etc. The parade had just ended and I'm walking upstream. I'm passing hundreds of people going in the opposite direction. No awkward looks or glares. Everyone is cool with everything. They should have expected to see a number of people like me (a crossdresser).

After I walk around for almost an hour it's time to go in and register for my shift. It takes them a while to get organized and figure out where they want me to help out. They give me three or four options. I opt to man the donation booth at the entrance to the festival grounds. Right out front and center. I'm owning this. I'm standing up proud and not apologizing for anything. Here I am , deal with it.

When I get to the booth there are two GGs there already working the booth. I introduce myself and settle in for the next 3 to 4 hours. There really isn't much for us to do so we are just chatting away, me and the girls. They are curious initially about me. Usual questions, are you gay (nope), are you going to transition (nope), how often do you dress up (couple of times a month). After that round we settle into just idle chit chat. One of the girls did ask where I had my hair done (just a wig - it comes this way) and commented on how much she liked my shoes.

After an hour or so one girl moves on to help somewhere else and another girl joins us. Similar questions again. Then we settle in to talk about her boyfriend problems. She's asking my advice. Hmmmm….

As we are standing there people are mulling around us. Hundreds going by every hour. Every once in a while someone comes over and chats. It's all good stuff. Nothing awkward. A couple of time different girls walked by me and gave me a high five exclaiming "happy pride day". Some drag queens were performing that day and walked by throughout the day. I did chat with one of the gurls from my local CD support group who was there with her family (wife and daughter).

Group of middle aged ladies walked by. One looked at me and said those are real sensible shoes. I said absolutely. Not doing this in 3" heels. She said Yes all us girls know the heels are saved for special occasions or later in the evening. I acknowledge my agreement.

A drag queen walked by and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. Then a group of four GGs come up. Two younger girls (daughters) followed by two mothers who were having a great time. One of the mothers starts flirting with me. Caressing me, stroking my hair, etc. All harmless fun and I’m playing along with her.

Toward the end of my shift my feet are hurting after standing for several hours. I grab a chair, sit down and whip my shoes off to stretch my stocking covered toes. I'm sitting next to this sign that explains all of the different terms involved in the LGBTQ alphabet soup. As I’m sitting there this GG walks up and we start chatting about different categories (i.e. bears - hairy muscular gay men). I explain I fit into the gender fluid category, sliding between male and female as desired. She explains she is amorphous when it comes to relationships (isn't really concerned with gender rules - loves all kinds of people). Hmmmm is she trying to pick me up. Being married I'm not playing along. Eventually she moves on.

Well end of my shift. I go back and check out. They have a food truck there and we can get a free meal. The wife is on her way to meet me so I sit down and have a bite to eat. Wife arrives, I finish eating and we head over to a beer garden where they have live entertainment. We hang out there and have a few drinks. Then we move on to find a bar.

I'm still owning this. Holding my head up high and just mingling with the crowds. We find this bar with a live band and in we go. Hmmm everyone is taking notice of me. I think it was my wig. Normally I wear a short bob style but decided to go with a mid-length style. The bob suits me so much better but anyway everyone is checking me out. Nothing really uncomfortable, but as they walk past our table all eyes give me the once over. I still just carry on like it's nothing unusual.

After a while we leave the bar and it's time to go home. It's about 10 PM. I've spent the whole day dressed as a girl. It was great. I got a chance to spend time with several people. Promoted the idea that crossdressers aren't weird, pretty much normal people and that's how everyone took me. Had various encounters with a variety of people. Saw a few crossdressers walk by, made eye contact and gave a smile if they seemed interested. All in all a pretty good day. Intend to do this again next year, can hardly wait…….
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 07-12-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Sweetie,

It sounds like a truly wonderful day. How many of us have at one point set off into the world and left our man bag behind? It's like that first day at school, a little bit scary and exciting at the same time.

So apart from the plans to do it again next year, has this experience motivated you to do more in the meantime? You've proved you can mingle so shopping, theatre, restaurant. What's next?

What a wonderful day. You pleased yourself, helped others in many ways including understanding who you are and what it is like to be that way, had a great time with the wife afterwards. An emissary and diplomat for sure!

Wow, that is a long day. Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations on taking on a challenge and accomplishing a good result. Your perseverance is admirable.
    Hugs, Carole

Wow sounds like an awesome day!

Mandy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Loved the story.
    Just get out there and be yourself.

A beautiful story of a beautiful day! Next time, you won't need the "escape bag". Just be yourself as you were that day, and you will be fine.

You must have been so nervous initially?
    Well done for flying the flag, as in, we are pretty much normal people.
    Thank you.

What a great story! Inspiring for those of us who don’t go out dressed (well, inspiring for me anyway).

Michelle.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sweet Dreams , That sounds like a wonderful day with a happy ending. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I sure am Happy for you! Wish I had the strength to to dress and go do a function and just be Happy for a day. I am really Happy for you.