Since I started transition, I have always been uncomfortable with groups of women or in women's spaces. I feel like an outsider or like I really just don't belong. My therapist has been after me to keep pushing, so I decided to join a women's golf league. I love golf, when I came out the guys I was playing with regularly somehow fell off the face of the earth. So I've played sporadically over the last 2 years. I was always intimidated to go by myself, and I couldn't find anyone else who I was comfortable around to play with very often.

League play starts for me tomorrow morning (the group has been playing since March), and I am a bit worried about how I will be accepted. The director of golf at the course is aware that I am trans, I was up front about it in an email before joining, and he said I was more than welcome to join, regardless of what the players think. I am probably projecting my insecurities on them, but I am really worried about the strength difference between me and them and I don't want them to be intimidated or say anything about me "being a man". My game is a mess, so I am pretty sure I wont score well, but I can hit the ball so much further than them, that I will easily overpower the course from the tee box they play at.

I don't know what I am posting this for. I just needed to vent off my thoughts before i tried to lay down and they ate me up all night.

How are y'all dealing with fitting into groups of women?