Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all wanting some advice?

Hello all wanting some advice?

Hi there everyone its megan hope you are all doing great. I haven't been on here for a while struggling a bit with my anxiety i am just looking for some advice on inspiration to start dressing again i have been a bit bored with it recently thank you all for any advice you may give

megan.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Grab your favorite pair of heels, and go from there.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I know what you mean. I lost all interest in it for several months. My advice is to be honest with yourself, do you really want to do this? No one is making you. Are you holding yourself back? If you find you don't want to then don't and don't worry about it. If you want to but need some inspiration head to a thrift store and buy something totally different from what you'd normally wear and try it out.

What part of the dressing brings you happiness? There are many different responses here - some get sexual release, some prefer one type of clothing over others, some hope to look as blendable as possible, others for feminine looks, others for large chest.
    There is the Fictionmania.tv website with stories.
    If what you have done has bored you, reach for a new level - go to a transformation service and see what can be accomplished.
    just some thoughts,
    Hugs, Ellen

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Find what you miss most about it.
    Get that and get going.
    I know, "easier said than done."
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I get "Sexual Release", the ability to totally "unwind" and relax, and finally, the artistic CHALLENGE of seeing how good a "girl" I can make myself with makeup , wigs, etc.---And different variations. There is a HIGH in doing that too

When I get bored or lose interest in dressing I just don't do it. When the desire comes back, and it always does, I start dressing again. I no longer feel the need to force it. I was a member of a support group for a few years and found having to dress and attend a monthly meeting in a period when I had lost interest in dressing was pressure I didn't need. So I stopped going and felt better for it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan , JUST GO FOR IT ! >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Many times I found myself dressing when I really did not have the desire to be en femme. Usually, it was when the opportunity presented itself time wise. Under those circumstances I thought "Why the heck am I doing this?" I don't know why I choose to wear women's clothing at all. Something clicks inside my and I feel tranquility and peace of mind. I see no reason for trying to kick start a dressing session if the desire is not there. I read some of your prior posts. You indicated you had been going to a support group. Are you still attending? Or have you fallen away?

Panties...... panties will light the spark. New panties.
    or.... you could light a spark IN your panties. Pants on fire always cures boredom.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I totally agree with Sara Hillcrest on this.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Panties...... panties will light the spark. New panties.
    or.... you could light a spark IN your panties. Pants on fire always cures boredom.
    I was just going to say panties. I see panties online and I put some on and I always go for the pink one.

My BF and Style Guru Millisense's Avatar
    Hi Megan,
    If any current dressing you do is not helping with your anxiety, then change something up, maybe wear something new like others have said. Or perhaps go out somewhere different dressed, or reach out to a support group and meet accepting people in person if you haven't already. If that doesn't work or you don't wish to do that then just wear what's comfortable and look for another outlet for your anxiety, any support group. I love your profile photo by the way, what a lovely pose

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Why force it Megan? It isn't something you have to do, why not let it take its time.

For me, the constant is underwear. I might go months without dressing fully, but the only time I wear male underwear - and coincidentally I will be tomorrow - is when I visit the dermatologist.
    I used to have a short attention spa

The desire to dress will have its highs and lows. Dress when you feel the urge and don't dress when you don't feel in the mood. There are no rules saying when you should or shouldn't dress.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm with Sarah H. on this one.
    I think its a fabulous idea.

I consider myself to be bi-gender with a fair amount of fluidity (although I'm working on all that in therapy.)

I spent enough of my life denying myself the ability to accept and enjoy the times where I identify as female. Finally I accept and enjoy the times when I do and when I don't. If you're not feeling it, don't worry about it.

It'll come back... that's the one thing you CAN count on!

Some thoughts:
    Your anxiety is related with dressing? If it's so just find new things to dress, but you said that it bored you. It could be euphoria too...
    Therapist?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Megan, I think u r SO LUCKY! I can only wish to NOT be inspired to dress!

Instead, I find myself working on at least 3 dressing projects at a time!

Why would u want to dress if u don't feel like it? This isn't like going to work or paying your bills. It's more like going bowling or going to visit a cranky friend. U don't have to do it, so don't!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have to vote with the girls who said panties. To be specific, black mesh spandex in a size slightly too small. Tuck back, then run your hand over that flat mons covered by soft, smooth nylon. You'll be back.

thank you all for your kind words of encouragement it means a lot to me i do not have any friends to talk to about my feeling regarding dressing so thank you all.

I go to thrift stores and look at the skirts and dresses, and sometimes the shoes too

Ignore the barriers. I find that I many times let illogical barriers stop me from dressing. I don't have a long period of time to be dressed, I don't feel like shaving, is it worth it today, etc. But I never regret it when I do. If you are thinking about it, and it is on your mind, it probably means you want to. If you have the opportunity, just go ahead and do it and ignore any false barriers. Most of us rarely regret the feelings we have when we get to dress and enjoy some, alter ego time.

I’ve gone through the same thing. No dressing for awhile but be careful. When the pink fog comes back it comes with a vengeance.

Megan , just be yourself dressing is something which will be with you for ever, do notbe frightened of it and do not try and fight it but enjoy what you have whilst you can. I do and more of us do.
    If it makes you happy then enjoy the pink fog from time to time.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman