Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you dress during heat?

How do you dress during heat?

At the moment i have the urge to dress up nicely and do my makeup again...
    But the current heat wave in europe lets me basically get a heat stroke just thinking about wearing a wig and breast forms... not to speak of makeup
    How are you dealing with this?

i’m wondering the same thing for me as well there must be some helpful tips. i live in U.S. the state Arizona 😆 so i understand heat as well. and i’m a landscaper as my day job, i cover my entire body though.

I mean, at least the actual clothers are more bearable when it comes to panties, shorts,skirts, tops and summer dresses
    But without a wig and boobies i feel kinda incomplete

Banned Read only
    Melanie,
    I have a very lightweight short polka dot dress from Next , I just wear my bra and panties and if at home don't tuck , it does keep things a little cooler in that area . My new wig is very breathable in fact it's great to protect me from the sun , I'm wondering how light fast the fibres are in strong sunlight . Makeup I leave off around the house but love a little perfume , I find swimsuits hot to wear if your not going to swim , and shorts don't allow the air to circulate like a dress or skirt does . I find the choice of female clothes better for keeping cooler , also I don't use large silicon forms just my usual ones which tuck in the base of my bra .

Banned Read only
    Don't wear makeup or forms then.

I don't understand why it has to be all or nothing.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    I suppose you could have added why wear anything at all ? I'd have to wear makeup to try and cover the embarrassment and perhaps the wig turned back to front !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-27-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Banned Read only
    Unless I am going out in public I never wear makeup. You didn't say anything about going out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Roberta thats the difference from being in the closet and out in the world everyday.
    One its all or nothing the other is dressing to stay cool in a practical way because you have to just deal with it.
    If its super hot like 95 to 100+ stay indoors.95 down to 80 light make up and something like shorts and a skirt.
    Pretty simple really just use common sense.

Melanie - I totally understand where you are coming from. It's been 80's and 90's here with humidity. When I dress I really love to do it all, makeup, false eyelashes, wig, breast forms etc...For me every time I can do makeup it is a chance to get better at it and find new tricks so even though it is hot I do it anyway. And I just feel sexy and beautiful with it on.

One thing I have found that works for me is to put a fan in the bathroom while I am dressing. Just a slight amount of air moving through the room keeps me cool enough to not have my makeup slide off my face LOL.
    I will say it is much easier when the temps cool off and right now I dress less frequently with the weather.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Pretty much the same way I always do.

Yes, I perspire. But, I have a shower and a washing machine. I recommend those to everyone who dresses!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Rare these days that we get the really hot summer's,so for me it's a perfect excuse to wear summer dresses and light fabrics.I just wear a little foundation for that little bit of cover and lip gloss,in actually enjoy wearing wig in updo and I'm ready to take in some rays

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

All of our situations and conditions are different. Its 115 again today here in Cactus Land.~~ Although I partially-dress some during the days--stepping out with makeup & wig during the days is going to wait a while---till it gets cooler. Tend to use lightweight forms-they are not too bad. But my PY shorthair wigs can become uncomfortable in a hurry.! Being only a part-timer, dealing with illnesses, can afford to wait for cooler WX. Underdressing continues---will be doing some this afternoon when I go down to an activity in my complex- walking in the heat. Blessings.... Toni G...

I am using air conditioning! In the car, in the stores and in the house! A skirt or dress is nice and cool and just limit time outside! Yes the car gets hot quick but with the air conditioning on it cools down nicely in 3-5 blocks! Best wishes for staying cool, ladies! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Melanie , It is easy for me, I just stay in the AC. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I let my hair grow a little longer on the sides this spring and 1ff335ab61d884490f9d15b7fd88ca4b.jpg style it like this. Being older and grey haired it looks passable and it's a lot cooler than a wig. Other than that I'll wear something loose and light. I find that maxi skirts or dresses are pretty cool and I can even skip the hose.

Every once in a while it gets hot enough outside to skip a wide variety of activities. Luckily, crossdressing isn't one of them as it can be taken indoors.

I just hope the portable AC arrives tomorrow Generally we dont have those in most of europe.
    But when i dress i like to feel complete, so its at least boobs, wig and a shaven face for me otherwise it doesnt feel right.

Living at the equator, heat is just something I have to deal with regardless of the time of the year. Generally, I stick to the rule of staying in the aircon and look for hotels with attached malls, and/or malls attached by underpasses or the subway.

During a recent trip to Thailand where the malls had no such conveniences, I ended up having to keep my wig tied into a small ponytail and wear items with more ventilation (like tops with a scoop back, or more flowy summery dresses), but otherwise just had to tough it out between malls. Thankfully, because it was Thailand, I was also able to minimise my makeup a bit as well.

Banned Read only
    Hmmm!! When it really got warm/hot my wife wore a tee shirt, cut off shorts, no shoes and no bra. Seems like a good way to keep comfortable!

Pushup bra - no breast forms
    no make up (or just the basics)
    light clothing
    Wig - and find a large air conditioned mall or cinema quickly.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Bra, forms, make-up, bare legs, wig and a light dress

Light dress and no nylons - my hair is long and forms are not too warm with AC

A nice dress, usually a sundress. Maybe just a tank top, and a nice skirt. I usually always like to wear sandals or any kind of open toes shoes. My lighter wig will definitely come out in the heat. Haha

Due to the heat, outside i have started wearing womens short shorts, thin racerback tank and a rainbow bandana headscarf, plus fem style sunglasses. (Ok, i know this is more gender neutral than CDing, but it is still a small step forward for me in public.)
    Inside i wear extra long tanks (just long enough to be modest) with boyshorts.
    These are really light and cool.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have some nice lightweight dresses with short sleeves, that combined with the least underwear I can get away with goes some way to keeping cool. Still need all the fans in the house on though.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....