Thread: Finally- Saw a guy wearing a purse

Finally- Saw a guy wearing a purse

In a Walmart the other day and I finally spotted a guy wearing a purse. Black cross body bag, not overtly feminine but not a man bag either. I have been keeping a close eye and just not have seen any here in the Midwest US. I am happy to relinquish my role as a trailblazer! :-)
    This older guy did not present as CD at all in my view. A little frumpy perhaps but whatever. So I will continue to use my purse in drab when needed or when I feel like it and hope a few others join in.

I love to shop for them and find them to really make a fashion statement. The variety, like most things fem, seems endless.
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    He could be visiting here from Europe. In Spain guys carry bags, my Dad carried a bag there.

"It's not a purse, It's a satchel!!" I am with you sister!! We have stuff we need to carry!
    Love makes everyone equal.

A satchel will be the way forward for me (getting one next month). I was going to get a man-bag, but reconsidered after people on THIS group thought it was effete (LOL!)

Michelle.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I carry a purse and its a cross body Bosca. This bag carries all of the stuff I need like sun glass case, lip balm. tissues, checkbook, keys, wallet, hearing aid supplies and a few other small items. Love the bag as it is big enough to even hold my iPad and headphones while traveling. It would take me an hour to empty enough pockets to pass through the security check points.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I see man bags pretty often. Only a guys with carrying purses in the mainstream world. About a year ago we were in about as rural, bigoted, and redneck of an area as you can get. Went into a hole-in-the-wall restaurant (that was excellent). I was almost afraid to carry my purse in. There was a large group there, and when they got ready to pay, one of the guys digs in his purse for his wallet (it was his purse because he carried it out. The women were carrying their own). Pretty awesome that in that small place and particularly in that environment that two of us were carrying purses!

Although the utility of it would be the same, I'm just not interested in man bags at all. I've been carrying a purse in male mode for I guess 6 or 7 years now and I'm as into it now as when I first started. Just not as self conscious about it.

Aspiring Member
    Years ago they tried what was called a "shoulder wallet". It came and it went.

Ineke

It's not a purse! It's European! Had to throw in the Seinfeld reference

Back in the 80's I was a professional photographer. I always carried a medium size camera bag, but beyond camera, and extra film. I also kept my wallet, clear lip gloss, smokes, and a lighter, and usually a spare pair of pantyhose, as I always wore them under my Levi's. The bag was grey with black trim, and went with most everything I wore, male or female, and one time at a airport, TSA asked if I would open my purse for them to check out. Didn't say a word about the lip gloss, or PH. He thanked me and I went on my way.

During harvesting season for elk I carry a possibles bag that holds quite a bit of things it is leather with leather stringers attached for authencity of the bag. I have carried it for other things and it looks like a few of the purses I've seen on some of the shelves in the women's departments.

For my birthday this year, my wife (who bought me a lovely Italian purse for Xmas) have me the perfect man bag. It is actually sinuses offering. I don't care what you call it. Never going back to carrying my guy stuff in my pockets again. Guys sometimes raise an eyebrow (poor things don't know any better) but ladies are all... "What a great bag! Let me see." Even if I wasn't TG, I am a concert to this essential accessory.

This post made me smile. I love purses

Purses and satchels are great accessories for dress in addition to having lots of room for girl stuff and other things. My wife and i both share in their enjoyment.

Gives me some ideas for shopping! I used to carry a camera bag filled with stuff. It was so useful to have a small pair of scissors.

From an early age I always used a messenger bag, I always thought backpacks were stupid growing up. To this day I still carry a messenger bag, you can get some really nice ones on Amazon in the 50 to 100 USD price range. The one I currently use is made of Buffalo Leather, but whatever floats your boat I guess... It is just a bag you carry stuff in & if you are always carrying a lot of stuff it is pretty important to have one.
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I carry a cross body bag all the time. Have done since I went over to leggings and womens' skinny jeans years ago. If it is too warm for a jacket, where else can you carry your money, keys and todays great big smart phones?

Banned Read only
    Traci,
    I had a light lunch with my sister in law and her friend a couple of days a ago , I was in drab and clutching , my wallet , phone, car keys and glasses case , the little heap sat on the corner of the table while we ate , they both kept looking , so I said I can't believe I'm missing a handbag . My sister in law said about nice " Man bags " that I could use , I replied I don't need one because I have some lovely handbags already in my wardrobe , her friend gave a broad smile my SIL didn't know what to say . I know they still haven't grapsed the full picture of what being TG means . So next time I'll just bite the bullet and take my black leather hand bag in drab mode !

I have a couple of cross body bags, strictly feminine but they make great camera carry bags, along with makeup and god do they get heavy. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to carry a bag like that. A backpack was more convenient for me in male mode. I still carry a nice end femme though.

I carry one almost daily to carry my doctor-prescribed inhaler, my cell phone, loose change, wallet, and other loose items. It seems the women had it right all of the time! Of course, I carry a much more feminine one when I am in my dress or skirt or heels! Roxanne

During my early CD days, I carried a girly small light blue backpack for my wallet, keys, and hard disk in mobile rack since I downloaded a lot of things at work and it was right before the advent of USB sticks. Now carrying a drab small black shoulder bag, but got handbag envy yesterday after seeing a young lady carrying a large bright yellow purse.

I've been carrying a purse for over 20 years -- no problems.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Yesterday I saw an older gentleman holding a large, bright, floral purse in a department store!

Though he was holding it for his wife...

In Europe a lot of guys are wearing cross body bags, but they don't look like female purses in most cases.

But recently is a new trend for man's bags and they resemble more to female bags. https://www.ghurka.com/men/sale

One day, I will carry a purse with pretty fringe, brass zips and dangling ornaments! Who knows, maybe I will even be proposed to!

Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be