Thread: transdermal patch questions

transdermal patch questions

I officially started hrt using the informed consent module ,as I am in my 60's research has shown me that patches were the safest mode of delivery, with that being said which is the best location outside of what is written on the box that has worked for everyone? any thoughts here would be helpful
    thanks phylis

After my first two months of HRT with oral estrogen, my endocrinologist changed me to trans-dermal patches twice a week. I have been using them for six months, and have experimented with different locations. The thigh just does not work for me, even though this is the recommended area in the instructions. I do regular bicycle workouts and they seem to move too much and start to form air bubbles or peeling at the edges. So I have found that the best area for me is on my stomach, below the waste and close to the groin. I have to tell you that I am hairless, so it works for me down there. I also want to add that I am amazed and pleased beyond expectations in the changes that have occurred in my body and emotions!

Patients did quite well with them in the left or right lower quadrants of the abdomen. The amount of fur present will impair absorption, however.

First, why wouldn't you want to follow the instructions? It seems like that would have been the way the patches were tested for efficacious use. Second, what are the instructions on your particular patches? Without knowing where they say to stick 'em, it's hard for us to say what other places might be used. My patches want to be put on the abdomen. Since I keep that part of me hairless anyway, I just clean the site with an alcohol swab and put them on there, rotating position each time so I don't use the same spot more than every fourth patch. Which is pretty much what the instructions say. And they work.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

At the bottom of the stomach under the pant line.

I alternate sides for the twice weekly application.

Thanks for all the input thus far , toat the instructions pretty much are for the butt,and not on the breast , can be placed above or below the waist ,paying attention to clothing chafe , my question on this thread for the most part was curiosity as we are all different especially in the fur bearing dept ,my fur tends to be trad female i/e clean shave face ,arms ,pits chest although never has been much there and the brush pile is left alone ,also I have recently read where some were putting a bandaid over the patch so as to make it stay in place better , thanks phylis

I use 2 patches at a time per prescription. And I put one just above my groin line. (Likewise hairless) and the 2 just above it. I walk them in 3 pairs across my lower abdomen 2x a week, so any given spot gets a full week off! Thats about the best I can achieve as I am not a very big person.
    Per my instruction sheet: However yours may vary
    E3798726-85D7-4334-B5FD-A5F0B7ABF759.jpg
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

thanks chrissi sounds good

I apply 1 patch 2 times/week. My friend Michelle or I could put them on my lower back as that is where the instructions said to apply them. Applied there I could remove the glue with an exfoliating glove and some baby oil. That being said I started yoga and didn't like the fact that people in back of me could see them if my shirt rode up. My endo said the upper back would work as well but Michelle HAS to put them on there as well as remove the glue when we switch sides. I switch sides each time.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I had a lot of issues using the patch, skin tended to twist /move in different directions under them and so lifted them off my skin after 24 hours or so.
    The best place I found was right up high on my shoulders above the collarbone.

Not that I have to worry anymore, Doc changed me over to using a gel. Rub it on the thigh, wait 10 mins for it to dry, then good to go.

Peta
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

my wife has used hers on the lower abdomen for years, switching occasionally to her butt.

I've been so far wearing the patches for almost three months. The location is what the manufacturer said. Above the groin, one side of the body, then the other side, 7 days, then 7 days up to the curb of one side of the butt the the other side, then the fifth week is on the first place and keep repeating the cycle.
    I haven't need to use another patch or bandaid to hold it. Sometimes can move or fall but manufacturer says, hold it back for ten seconds on the same place and I use the panty to hold it on place. With the weeks I'm used to it but a coue of times it falls ei g in the shower. I just dry it, dry the skin and hold it again for ten seconds and that's it.
    It's working for me, believe me, my boobs had grown, but I'm annoying to ask for injections since the red spots after the patch don't disappear fast.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    The patch I use has instructions for stomach or but. Like Pat, I i have two spot on the left of the belly button, and two on the right. I go from left to right, so each place is not used for week and a half. Mine never peels off despite running, showering, etc. Just make sure to clean the spot with alcohol before applying, let it dry for a minute, attach, and hold for 15 seconds. The best advice I can share is the one I got from Pat - do your skin a favor and buy on Amazon UNI-SOLVE adhesive remover wipes. Your old patch will come off like magic with no rubbing. It is a medical grade remover used in hospitals and It completely dissolves the adhesive. You can get a pack of 50 wipes for $9.

I did mine always on the stomach. I eventually developed a rash to all brands. I've switched to injections

My doc has been specializing in treating transgender patients for many years. I have to use the patch as well. She insists the best spot is the lower abdomen. Under the belly button. Mine kept coming off there due to the waist band rubbing against it. I moved it up to just above the belly button. I also put a band aid over it to keep the edges from peeling up.

Her explanation regarding the abdomen is that the skin is thinner there and it allows for better absorption.