Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Why don't you shave your legs?"

that’s awesome you have it a try. i shave mine a couple times a week. not too bad kinda routine for me already, but i just looove how freshly shaved legs feel . especially when i go to bed and pull the sheets over myself. yea..

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asew View Post
    My almost teenage son said short skirts require shaved legs and asked why I don't shave my legs. I told him I have no desire to shave them, I have a hard enough time keeping my face shaved.
    The boy is wise and speaketh the truth for sure.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't have an epilator but my legs are virtually hair free now. A quick swipe with a razor once every week or so is enough to remove what little there is there.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Lucky me, my legs went bald instead of my head. The few stray hairs left I shave off about once a week.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I shave my legs every day and have been doing it for more than 30 years . I t seems so natural that I never think about it anymore.

Just possibly I might be too lazy to start doing this. However what intrigues me is how areas on my legs are now devoid of hair?

Banned Read only
    Hair other than on your head is yucca. I shave my legs as well as everywhere else, apply lotion and they are tanned. Look just like a women's. Wonder if they are noticed as looking nice just like a woman's when wearing women's shorts and sandles?

That wife of yours is a gem, take good care of her.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am more interested in how I feel with freshly shaven legs. It makes me feel so much more like a lady, a woman at heart, so lovely. If I just feel lady-like, I am ever so happy. And, if others admire my legs, then I am just doubly happy!
    Roxanne, The Lady

I can see why it's not in the Beauty section!

4now!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Aspiring Member
    Yup. Leg shaving is even more tedious than face shaving, but at least I only have to do the legs twice a week. I also have a depilator and Lumina, and I exfoliate and moisturise. As well as legs and face I shave the armpits. Legs and armpit for aesthetic reasons - I think male leg hair is hideous and ideally should not be on display but obviously I don't express this view to males in shorts with hirsute limbs. And I like how my legs look in sheer hose with no leg hair to be seen. My leg hair was so long it got caught in things so I wanted rid of it independently of the crossdressing. I could probably regrow it in 8-10 weeks but it must be about 6 years since I had leg hair more than 2mm long. The only problem is that a woman friend wants me to go swimming with her and I can't face explaining the smooth legs. I dare say could give a genuine reason for the smooth legs but the armpits as well? I don't have much chest hair but add that to the mix without arm hair removal and it all looks a bit odd. I know I could tell her but I choose not to - she is an ex from the days when I did not crossdress much.

Very nice of your wife. Lucky you! Treasure her

Silver Member
    I've never shaved my legs, but I've been getting them professionally waxed faithfully every 6 weeks for the last 4 ears or so.

My story started in a dress shop. I had on an animal print pencil skirt with black leggings. An SA commented that I have very nice legs. I am a big, thick guy with legs to match, not really the supermodel type, so I had never before thought of them as nice. When I got home, I took off the leggings and took another look in the mirror. Maybe they weren't so bad, but they were hairy. Maybe if I had them waxed....

After several weeks of hesitation, I bit the bullet and made an appointment at a wax salon. When the day came, I didn't know how much pain to expect. Yeeeow! Fifty-plus years of hair growth tries hard to stay put, and my legs were so sore they were numb and red when the tech had finished. The next day, I put on a short skirt and looked at them in the mirror. I immediately loved what I saw and vowed to never again let them get hairy. Of course, the pain is now more like a mild discomfort, not as bad as it was in that first time and the hair now grows in so fine that you only really see it if you're looking for it.

I can see the advantages of shaving, but for me it comes down to how thoroughly I can do the job by myself. I feel like there will always patches that I miss, so I just trust the vision of a good wax tech.

Because you're not a Girl?

Got me~
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    If you're furry and rid yourself of hair on the legs, then the next thing to do is to make sure chest hair is gone. More and more men seem to be almost totally hairless. It would look rather strange to have totally smooth legs, but, a hairy torso.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I only shave my legs now and then. I do love it though. My better half has a habit of pointing my shaven legs out to folk. Not quite sure of her motives, but it can make for fun conversations.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I use an epilator in the non-summer months and keep my leg hair trimmed at 5mm during the summer. It would take 6 to 8 weeks to grow out to the 5mm length from the last day of epilating. I have a daughter who notices everything, she asked me in front of everyone on fathers day if I shaved my legs. In all honesty I said no, and showed my leg close up and said, see the hair, one of my daughter in laws laughed out loud. A Braun Silk-epil 7 can shave, trim at 5mm, and epilate all in one, depending on head used.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I don't shave my legs for fear of getting discovered. Maybe one day.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    I used to go to extreme lengths to hide the true reason to why my legs were shaved. Did the entire lycra/bike thing, and I'm really not that into it.

In the end, and maybe because these days it's accepted, I don't bother with any props.

Though, if I was in the closet and didn't have an accepting/supportive SO, then I'd probably still be making up excuses. IMO shaving, like so many other things, is something that is extremely relevant to one's own personal reality.

Aside from the my hairstyle, the rest of me is hairless these days.
    One of the many advantages of having KS (aka 47 xxy), I grow hardly any hair on face, and have to shave chin/top lip maybe once every 5 days. These rest of me isn't that hairy either. Hence a quick run over with the lady-razor does the trick
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 07-25-2018 at 05:34 AM.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

A little on-topic food for thought from Vera Wild, a burlesque performer/trans person: https://youtu.be/3tN6etZ92BM
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

This fall my SO and I are going in for a pedicure together at her request....she's been asking me to do it for years. (long story) As I have said in other threads I wear Spanx tights skiing and she is fine with it. My next step after the pedicure is going to be to ask if she doesn't mind me shaving my legs for the winter. She knows I love the feeling of the tights so I am pretty sure she will say jump right in. Fingers crossed...

edit: will def epilate!
    Last edited by Felicia M; 07-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Thanks for all the wonderful ides, suggestions and thoughts. About a week or so before i shaved my legs, my wife and i were at a friends house for a group BBQ. Most of the men were in shorts. of the men present, about 1/3 had little or no leg hair, 1/3 had what i would consider "normal male leg hair", and 1/3 here "fur burgers" and "Neanderthal" members of the male society...we're talking furry girls. Making a comment to my wife (quietly on the side) i pointed out to my wife those visual rough leg statistics among male participants at the BBQ. I think this planted a seed inside her thought process, so when i initially commented about the hair on my legs, her suggestion to "shave them" must have something to do with her personal visual observations. Not the less, i jumped on it. i am loving the feel of "smooth legs" and have had to touch them up a few days ago. None the less, there have been no complaints and i have loving it! Thank you to my lovely and understanding wife. She is a GEM!!!!

I just shaved my legs last week for the first time. Feels great! Will have to add this to my routine.

Can anyone recommend a good epilator?

I bought a Braun Silk epil 9 late last year. Not that cheap but recommend it! My wife (who only ever used razors) is a convert and uses it as much as I do.

Michelle