Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossdressing to be cool

crossdressing to be cool

hello,
    It is very hot here in the UK this summer - so I am wearing a skirt at home in the evenings not to be sexy, not to be femme, not to crossdress, but just to keep cool.
    luv J

Hahah - doubt my wife would be ok even with that logic!

That same logic makes a case for nudism.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Read only
    Jacques,
    Perfectly sensible logic to me ! I'm wearing a very lightweight spotted Monsoon dress with just a bra and panties and it's so cool .

Chances are, I’d be nuded up! But I’d also wear heels.

very hot here again indoors just a bra and panties but a skirt and top close by for if the is somebody at the door, sometimes it is very difficult to stay cool.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Staying cool is one of my primary reasons for preferring womens clothes to drab. Shorts, crop tops, short dresses....all lend themselves to staying more comfortable.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I have tried that logic, but my wife always says "then why are you wearing a bra and forms" LOL

Silver Member
    Answer: "to be really COOL"!

Well, I think kilts are common in that part of the world. The ones I prefer tend to be much shorter, but I think you can get away with it!
    P.S. - I would wear the heels too.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Jacques,
    Perfectly sensible logic to me ! I'm wearing a very lightweight spotted Monsoon dress with just a bra and panties and it's so cool .
    I'm with Teresa, minimal underwear and a lightweight dress, perfect for our rare hot spell here in the UK.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

An argument can easily be made for skirt over shorts but bra over no bra is a difficult sell if one wants to stay cool.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Exactly what I enjoy as well but only when the Mrs. is out and about. Panties and a slip or light knee-length skirt is great, much cooler than cotton male underwear and light shorts.

I am in my skirt as soon as i have got home, Its ideal with the weather at the moment, but apart from at work, i am in a skirt all the time now. Its just so much more comfortable. Even the neighbours and friends no longer look or comment. Its just me being me LOL

Aspiring Member
    I reckon a loose dress is cooler than a top and skirt and in the heat I spend most of my time in such dresses. I have big fans going to keep cool, and love it when my skirts blow as I walk past.

I am Scottish and I own a kilt and believe me it is a very warm garment. It has 8 yards of wool in it!

One of the weekend supplements (sorry, can't recall which one) had an article about the advantages of skirts and dresses in the heat, and expressing sympathy for men.

Now found the article. It is by Caitlin Moran in the Times Magazine of 14.7.18. The Times has a paywall on its website so can't post the link in media section. She writes:

That dressing in the morning involves a series of decisions predicated solely on gender seems nuts. For instance as I am writing this column the temperature has hit 85 degrees in old money. I am truly sorry for every gender-constricted man walking past who is wearing a pair of work trousers instead of a pleasantly billowing cheesecloth maxidress. I can't help but think a lot of sweaty testicles are going to lead to a lot of unfortunate decisions on the derivatives market.
    Last edited by susan54; 07-16-2018 at 03:52 AM.

I agree with Coleen, skirts all the time.
    Winter in New Zealand now and I wear heavier and longer skirts most of the time. All the neighbours and visitors know and quite often comment favourably, never rudely.
    Summer I wear light skirts and T's or blouses.

It seems logical. I find wearing a short skirt in the house in warmer weather is cool and comfortable, even better than short shorts. My wife is fine with it and says it makes sense.
    Practical and feminine.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

In love the summer, light dresses or skirts for me. My favorite is a light nit short sleeve top and a lite skirt just past my knees. I do it for both the coolness and just because I love the feel of a mid light weight skirt. No corset on a hot day, just hold my tummy in

Yes and if you go for a drive, the breeze blowing up your skirt is both cool and feels great, especially when wearing hose. I’ve recently discovered a skort..and love them, but not as much breeze. Oh well.

What a cool thread!
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

After a hot day, especially with all I wear with work. it is so cooling to just slip into a nice knee length skirt and a gausey top. covered yet comfortable.

Kelsey

I haven't tried a skirt yet, I did a couple of summer dresses but, they make me look like the Tasmanian she-devil. If I loose 40lbs and learn how to put on some makeup then that might change. Bras are the same issue. I've tried 3 now and I'm going to need some help in that area with breast forms. I'll wait until my diet has worked out before I go back there again. So right now I cool off and put on my superman tee-shirt and favorite color pink boy shorts or thong and head out to the pool for a dip. So relaxing. Although I did discover that women's jeans fit me better then any of the male offerings.

We can rationalize anything, can't we?

Platinum Member
    I Jacques , That sounds like a great idea but,

I should run it by the Board of Directors first. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If I lived on my own, I'd be wearing a summer dress all summer around the house.

But until then, I have to settle for a thin dressing gown (Bath robe, to you americans :P)