Thread: Cd 101

Banned Read only

Cd 101

Let's start with the very basics, Cross Dressing 101, wearing just a few girl things. Not talking about Cross Dressing PHD where you fully dress and pass as a woman.
    If a guy is out and about wearing let's say girl mid thigh shorts or girl jeans, girl tee, sandles or wedgies and studs or small ear rings.
    Would he be accepted while shopping as just another way to dress along with so many other neat, sloppy, casual, etc. shoppers? Would women accept how he dresses; like it, have no problem with it even if they might think he could be wearing women's panties, or reject it?

In Other Words in todays world would he be accepted, just his choice of clothing? If yes should more CD's start dressing like this?????? Individuals personal choice in clothing rather than what designers/manufactures say each gender should wear.

Remember when the unthinkable happened. Macho men starting wearing long hair like the Beatles and going to hair salons and then ear rings, first in one ear and then both.

Can't wait to hear your opinions, would love for some GG's to jump in.

Deebra, that describes my male mode! No rejection, mostly indifference as mostly everyone is lost in their own world! I mostly get smiles from GGs if I get any reaction! I wear panties, women's jeans, women's tee shirt, and women's flats with my earrings in both ears and my nails polished! I have gotten compliments on polish color and on the earrings! Go out and live it by claiming it! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It is not difficult to find the right women's clothing that, when worn in public, make it virtually impossible for anyone to notice.

I wonder why they would even care...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When the Beatles were all the rage I grew my hair and had a Beatle haircut.
    When hippies came around I grew my hair longer and dressed like they did.
    People accepted it but it in no way was that remotely close to CDing.
    I do wear the clothes of the opposite gender and have been since 2006 so that would be womens jeans and t shirts/tops,shoes, earrings in both ears and long hair.
    People have accepted it as well so from my perspective they view it as a personal choice thing.
    Like Lana Mae says get out and live it.
    Tracy Irving makes a good point too why would others care what you wear?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-16-2018 at 08:33 AM.

I grew my hair over my ears in 1969 and got teased, whistled at and even harassed a few times. Yeah, the Beatles were huge and some guys grew their hair long, but most didn't.

I wear women's shorts and/or T shirts, jeans but I don't have pierced ears. So no one notices at all. I think we all know how far we can go before it becomes dressing to draw attention.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think that it would depend on where he lives and what store he goes into. We accept long hair now on men and I've seen ear studs in many men's ears. Know one guy that wear one in both ears and is totally bald headed. I wouldn't mess with him and he is built like a weight lifter. No one dares say anything about his ear studs. He does wear the new jeans that have designer embroidery designs on the hip pockets. He a big guy and bowls on the men's league.
    I've often thought about what you are saying if we slowly slipped into more feminine clothing it would probably be more acceptable to society such as the longer hair, eat rings and silky shirts with colors and it came from the men's department then it would be accepted. I found some very silky thin socks once in the men's department that almost looked like knee high hose my wife thought they'd work great with my Sunday go to meeting boots. She was ok with me wearing those but if I wear full blown panty hose under my jeans she's very skeptical.
    If a makeup company would make foundation for men and eye pencils, eyeliner and it was in the men's row labeled for men then I think many people would start accepting it.
    I do remember when my dad and mom saw first saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show my dad said they needed a haircut.....and he kept my hair blurred off while I was growing up.

I never really notice what others are wearing while shopping nor do I care. The outfit that you describe sounds pretty tame.

Unless someone is totally outlandish and stands out in a crowd, I say "to each his/her own".

deebra

i am like lana mae...that is my mode...i say no worries....my wife...are you kidding me they all know and they disapprove...i disagree....to me it is a very acceptable way for me to dress all the time

As Char mentioned, women don't notice other people's clothes. Maybe because we lack the clothes obsession gene, at least most of us. We dress for ourselves and the occassion and expect others to do the same. Clubwear and stripper heels in the middle of the afternoon looks out of place and that would attract attention but not for good reasons.
    Me personally, I am drawn to the male shape. And that I would notice, especially if it was wrapped in female clothes. Men have naturally wider shoulders and narrower hips and bums. The outfit you described is appropriate to a normal day out and I wouldn't pay attention if you passed by me. But if you are 6'5" and built like The Rock, then I will notice But if you are asking about acceptance, it's not like I would stop you and ask you to change clothes. I wouldn't do that to a woman either. Is that the acceptance you are asking about?

As I sit, I am wearing women's athletic shoes, undies, shorts, cami, and jewelry. Only my socks and shirt are from the men's department. This is my typical everyday dress.

I have not had negative comments, but I do get some looks on occasion. I have received compliments from time to time.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    OK you don't want a reply from a fully dressed viewpoint . What I can say is it possibly depends on age and how your body shape looks . OK I was fully dressed but evenso I've taken my dog for a walk in very short shorts and a tight Tshirt with bra and forms . I've met a few other dog walkers and no real problems but I don't think someone of my age should really be wearing shorts this short but I'd say my body shape and legs help me get away with it .

Something along these lines .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-16-2018 at 02:43 PM.

As Char mentioned, women don't notice other people's clothes. Maybe because we lack the clothes obsession gene, at least most of us.
    I just mentioned that quote to my wife who, when she stopped laughing, indicated in a fairly Australian way that she disagreed with that sentiment, LOL!

From my experience, women are far more likely to notice clothing on another person than men, but possibly the topic of another thread.

In Australia plenty of men have multiple ear piercings, so a stud or two in each ear would pass unnoticed. Same for hair length. Plenty of guys of all ages in all walks of life with ponytails, man-buns, etc.

For me, though, I have some outfits I can (and do) wear out: Plain womens jeans, and a blouses that can pass as a Hawaiian shirt. I don't wear them to meet friends and family because they would notice, especially the women, but shopping or dog walking/dog park are fine.

Oddly, I hardly ever do it. The times I do are the pink-fog days, when it's important for me to spend 24 hours or more wearing nothing but female clothing. I have the knowledge I'm wearing women's clothing out in public and that's great, but it's not feminine clothing, and I'm still presenting as a male. I dress to feel feminine and outfits like that, for me at least, don't have give me the femininity that I want. Just one of my quirks, I guess.

Michelle

I wear women's pants or jeans, pointy toed heeled shoes, long hair, shaped brows, earrings, long polished nails, lipstick and noticeable eye makeup most of the time when I'm out of the house. The nails attract attention (usually positive), but the rest, not so much.

- Diane

He would be judged based on the inescapable observation that he is a guy wearing girl clothes, not as a guy trying to present as a woman. Yes, there is a difference, as you've pointed out. What the "verdict" of that judgement might be will vary from one observer to the next. Some, myself included, might dismiss it with a... well... dismissive "whatever". Others will be shocked. Still others offended.

Again, you might manage to start a new trend in men's fashion. The Beatles et al certainly did, but in the end, the jewelry and shoes and clothes will be men's clothes and accessories. As I've said before, I will defend anyone's right to dress in any manner that pleases them. At the same time, I reserve the right to point out that a MIAD is not attempting to present as a woman and in the current culture, that works against those who do. There is a big difference between conforming to one gender convention and breaking with all gender convention. Not a judgement, just an observation of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post
    I just mentioned that quote to my wife who, when she stopped laughing, indicated in a fairly Australian way that she disagreed with that sentiment, LOL!
    I did say "at least most of us" and that is after a lifetime of female friendships, your wife is propably the exception! And, mate, you are from Down Under! Everyone knows everything is topsy turvy there

who knows what people think. I have wondered this a long time when i walked around the mall wearing girl jeans and pink shoes.
    One thing is for certain in my area, nobody has the guts to say anything.

Even if society was perfectly accepting, it wouldn't change how you felt doing it. The feeling of being weird and inappropriate comes from within, not from other people. Our fears tell us this is how people must think because we ourselves think the same way and so our perceptions get the best of us. The reality that is hard to grasp is that people don't care about you as much as you think nor do people have the mental capacity to be able to remember your face unless they see it a few times and you interact with them.

It becomes a game of physical comfort vs mental comfort and for most people mental comfort comes first sadly.

Banned Read only
    Thankyou to all, so glad to see every thread was positive and addressed the subject, I value your opinions,
    Redtea there is a lot of intelligence in your thread, I really liked what you said and that kind of thinking applies to me as well and I'm sure to a lot of others. When I dress CD 101 and go to the mall/shopping I am looking to see if others notice anything different about me. And the answer is, "they do not", I just blend like a grain of sand on Virginia Beach. How do I feel about this, surprised and happy I just blended and passed and it felt so nice to be out totally dressed in girl clothes and accepted like every one else. I love going out dressed 101 and shall continue to do so, just wish I could get away with wearing my D forms under a Tee. Do like the sexy, curvy girl look.

This seems a common practice in Key West, or so I found when I was there, of course it's always summer down there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post

From my experience, women are far more likely to notice clothing on another person than men, but possibly the topic of another thread.
    I agree, women would be more likely to notice. As for being accepted, I think they would, for the most part, especially if you dress to blend versus stick out like a sore thumb. There might be some snickering but that goes with any social gathering, “people watching” can be a pass time. Haven’t you ever seen someone and wondered “do they own a mirror?”

I get the same look whether in girly shorts or in a dress- girly vs borderline is the deciding factor. And the look is either friendly and accepting, or curious, or wondering...

My maleness is just evident, so people have to think twice either way. So my experience may not generalize, but should be included in your CD 101 class textbook! ;0)
    We are all beautiful...!