Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: were you dressed as a boy?

Silver Member

were you dressed as a boy?

Some here have told us that they were were dressed by their moms so mom could alter/hem dresses for others.There are many examples of boys dressing as girls on the web.
    When you were a boy, were you ever dressed as a girl by any female adult, and if yes, could that possibly have helped to put you on the road to CDing?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Never dressed as a girl as a youngster but my mum once sent me to school in my sisters knickers as I had no undies clean. Not sure how it affected me (If at all, I was five at the time) but it's the earliest 'CD' memory I can recall.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 07-17-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some girls I grew up with dressed me up a few times when we were all about 14-15 years old.
    I doub't it caused any CDing in me.
    I think people sometimes grasp at straws trying to figure out why they CD. They treat it like is was a major trauma that happened in their past.
    If your Mom dressed you in girls clothes a time or two you probably were too young to even know it so how could that have an effect on you?

Perhaps the can't admit they dress because they like it.

Very rare--but--one time when I was about 12 or 13 my mother had me put on a prom dress. She was sewing and shortening it for one of the neighbor's kids. At the time I felt a bit uncomfortable--partly because I didn't want my mom to know I liked it.

Jenny,

Yes I have a pic as a toddler in a dress which my Mom made for me. Weather it had an effect on me, who knows but maybe.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I've mentioned this several times before so not going into detail this time but my answer is yes for close to a year or so after birth my mom had me in baby dresses she had sewed. Dad put a stop to it eventually but mom just took my dresses off me. She still let me play in her things thru my elementary school years. She painted my toe nails n my nails several times before I started school then she stopped. I do remember playing in her slips, real panties, and her heels till around six or so years of age. In my teens I started back playing in her things again but I hid the playing then. Reaching my sexual times I really felt great wearing her girdles hose heels and slips. I'm also thinking this is where my love for red lipstick started.

Not with clothes, but we played dress up with my mother's jewelry box. This was about age 9, and I have had a love affair with woman's jewelry ever since. This is the basis from which the broader crossdressing grew. I feel the clothing is just an extension from the original interest, a broadening of sorts.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Not by mother, but my sisters dressed me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Never dressed that I can remember.I might have been when I was very little since I was just told over and over that they were expecting a girl when I was born.

When I was 7 or 8 years old my mother made a Halloween costume for me that included a dress and lipstick. I thought it was pretty neat but to me that's all it was....a Halloween costume and nothing more. In no way did it put me on the path to crossdressing.

I was never dressed as a girl, that I can remember, but I do recall a time when my cousin,the same age as me, got a beautiful dress and white rabbit fur coat for Christmas from our grandmother. I got a military uniform, since it was during WWII. I was really hurt.We were five years old at the time but I remember thinking how unfair it was that my cousin got to wear such beautiful clothes while I got to wear such drabs.

Yes, but it happened in adolescence.
    I recall for a few years in early childhood my parents bought birthday gifts for me that were (for the time) famine gender toys; things like toy kitchens, stuff animals, etc. No dolls as I recall. But not toy trucks or guns either. Never thought anything about it.

When it came to dressing and girly things, it was an interest (and fear) I kept to myself in childhood.
    In high school I played football. I played at the insistence of my dad [in order to make more of a man of me]. At first i hated it. I wasn't a natural football person and got the crap knocked out of me. I adapted and eventually enjoyed the game. I could play it.
    Our school had an annual role-reversal event, the Powder Puff game in which the women played football and the men played the role of cheerleaders and 'homecoming dance queens'. With each game was a prom-like dance, and at the dance a Powder Puff Queen was chosen from the boy contestants. I was selected by the committee of class girls to be one of the court contestants. We had to dress as girls.
    Of course, all the other boys dressed for the event in cartoonish caricatures of women. Mops for hair. Overdone make up. Huge fake boobs, etc. My mother took the assignment entirely too seriously. In helping me prepare for my homecoming debut, she adorned me in a gold lame' gown she had. She owned a couple real wigs, and one of those went on my crown. Earrings (she always wore clip ons). Make up. The Works.
    When she was finished I almost cried from the shock. Maybe it was something I'd always known in the back of my young mind. I was a dead ringer for my mother. I WAS my mother. It was a moment of self-realization. It explained a few things (not all) spinning in my young head. Maybe it aggravated those issues. But I learned about the woman inside me in a deep and personal way. Lord help me, I wish I had a good photograph of that moment.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

My mom never dressed me in girls' clothes per se, but used to put nail polish and lipstick on me from time to time, and allowed me to play freely with her jewelry. She let me wear pantyhose and get my ears pierced, but those were at my suggestion, not hers. She once bought me a pair of modest heels at a local department store. She completely lost interest in all this by the time I was 12 or so.

- Diane

My third grade, in 1952, had a Halloween party and Mom sent me to school dressed as a girl. I wore a pretty dress and a necklace, and some lipstick, and my hair was long enough to put a ribbon in. After the party the teacher wanted me to revert back to boy mode. When she found that I couldn’t because I only had panties on under the dress, she had to let me keep the dress on the rest of the day. I remember it like it was yesterday. And I so remember the ride home on the school bus. I had no trouble at all.

I so loved that day. I so wanted to be a girl, and that day I was! Very serious stuff for an 8 yr old.
    Last edited by Anna Stouf; 07-17-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

As a toddler, mom would apparently dress me in my older sister's hand me downs when she let me play anything where i might get dirty. What stands out best in my memory, are a few incidents. One, she changed me out of my boy clothes after I got very dirty. Back then stains were hard to get out, and I had apparently ruined my clothing somehow, because she threw it out, and I never saw that set of clothes ever again (it was some kind of kids outfit with baseball players on it, with red pants). So she put me in some of my older sister's clothes which sis didn't fit into anymore. This became my normal daywear, so as to avoid ruining my 'good boy clothes'. Two, also when very young, I was given my slsters old underwear, which my mom would sew red and blue threads into the waistband in order to make them look like my dad's Fruit of the Loom briefs. But of course, no fly, so I knew that they weren't really like dads, or boy underwear, because I had a few real boy underwear and they were obviously different. I remember wearing something dressy when sitting in my stroller once, while mom pushed me around. She liked to take me for walks to this playground/park, she'd sit on a bench and read. I remember some woman leaning over to me while I sat, unhappy, with the sun in my eyes, and her saying 'What a pretty little girl' as she touched my hair. Mom also avoided getting my hair cut, making up various excuses such as needing to catch the last bus, running out of money, or the barber being closed (my dad also noticed that around the same time as the dress incident, and he started taking me to his barber when he want for himself).
    And I remember her doing something with my hair up in front of a mirror, when it was longer, but it was different from my sister's. Most of this stopped when my dad came home early for lunch one day and found me playing, but wearing my slster's clothes. He blew his top, yelling at my mom, so she quickly took me upstairs and changed me into boy clothes.

But as I remembered this stuff, it was pretty clear that she had wanted another girl, instead of a boy. Most everything stopped when I started school.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When little, I would spend the night at my grandparents' house and get to wear one of my GM's house dresses as a stand-in for pajamas (which they didn't have, of course). I LOVED IT and would arrange to spend the night as often as I could. they lived across the street, so I'd hang out there until after dark and so get to stay the night.

One year, for Halloween, We couldn't afford costumes, so My mom put me in one of my sister's dresses and sent me out trick-or-treat'ing. I don't remember any makeup or what she did for hair. I was pretty young (probably 6 or 7) at the time, so my memory is a bit vague. I DO remember that I loved every moment of it, and hated when it ended and I had to take it off again.

Not dressed by a female, but I played a princess that needed to be rescued in a cub scout play. Dress and a string-mop head for hair. Again, I loved it - but I didn't dare admit it. Thinking back to this one, I don't remember getting any teasing from the other boys about it. H-m-m-m.

No - I don't think any of these things "put me on the road" to CDing. I knew, even way back then, that I was supposed-to-be a girl. These were just the few opportunities where I could express my femininity and others could see me - and not get punished. Those happened too.

I was minded after school til 11yrs, by a nice widow which would sit on the closed toilet seat, drinking wine, whilst I bathed next to her! There were some odd dress occasions, possibly because of all of the clothes baskets, she would do a lot of ironing? I don't believe it contributed to my CDing though.

"Strange times" but at least I would be bathed and ready for my parents!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Living next door to some girls I attended their pajama parties and wore what they wore, usually long nighties and then their pajamas in later years.

They thought it odd if I wore boys PJ's as they used to dress me up also.

The time span for all this was four to seven years old.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The girl clothing I wore in my youth was by my choice.

Our next door neighbor sisters played dress-up often. One day they invited me to join them and I did. The only thing I remember was how much I enjoyed wearing hose and heels. I don’t know if this kicked things off, but hose are and always will be my favorites.

I don’t recall every being dressed by anyone in my youth, but it was done by choice from my early teens.

I innocently came up with the idea to dress as a woman for Halloween at age 11. When I told my mother I wanted to wear "everything" and "really look pretty so I can fool everyone" she doubted I would actually do it, but decided to go along with it. So much so that when some of her things either wouldn't fit, or couldn't be altered to fit me, she approached my smaller sized aunt who cooperated. Mom also spent time giving me a few deportment lessons such as sitting properly and walking in heels. Thanks to her efforts and my determination to "do it right," I had such a good time at Halloween, I decided to do it again the following year. Mom and aunt not only agreed, we collectively decided to put even more effort into it. The end result was that while walking home at the end of the party, I realized that I not only had fun, but that I actually enjoyed being dressed as a woman.

Did mom's help kick things off for me?? I suppose it did.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    The girl clothing I wore in my youth was by my choice.
    Same for me except without a sister, they were my mother's clothes.

My mother wanted a girl. When I was young she use to let my hair grow out and dressed me. When I got older and had to go to school it was back to boys clothing.

My mom always told me people used to say I was a pretty girl.

When my father was dying he confirmed this.

Banned Read only
    Jenny ,
    Never as a boy, when it's so sexually charged it has to remain a solitary action . It wasn't until my mid/late teens that girls encouraged me to dress usually in their panties and progressed from that to sharing nighties .