Thread: a new "NEW"

a new "NEW"

hello Melissa here, though I haven't responded in some times I've been a member since 2005. And while I came out to close family in 2012, this week I managed to come out to my neighbor. She had seen me, but earlier this week we spent the evening with/ some beers talking and I brought up mially the pink bathing suit she'd seen me wear. She is cool with my "dressing." especially the pink bathing suit that I regularly swim in

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That sounds very positive.
    All my neighbors know about me and its never been a problem.

I think my next door neighbor has caught me half a dozen times already. Some of it quite funny encounters.
    He's a Vietnamese refugee who escaped in a small boat to America long ago; maybe about age 58-60. Nice guy but I always kept a friendly distance because his English is barely understandable. Having a lengthy conversation is difficult, but we have known each other now for about 6-7 yrs, and he's a friendly neighbor.

The first time he "caught me" was my own coincidental unforced error. I was dressed and went to a nail salon that was what I thought a safe distance from my house. I picked it at random. I entered and began to speak my business to the counter clerk when I looked up. Coming out of the back room was my neighbor (His name is Muy [Moo-ee]). I involuntarily blurted out his name, " Muy!". His head turned briefly but he immediately went about servicing his customer at the rear of the store. Didn't really make me.

I had already ordered my nails and went ahead with the mani-pedi. Near the end he made a slow pass by my chair. Then another. And another. Finally he approached and called me by my male name. He had me. I went on with a brief explanation that I still think left him puzzled.

Another time I was sitting in my [fancy] garage watching TV and having a drink when he suddenly came up the drive to check out what I was doing. Just being neighborly. He found me in a long black skirt and a summer top; w makeup and wig. The Works, once again.

Another time I had just returned from travel and was home DRESSED. I flew en femme. A package had apparently arrived while I was absent and Muy brought it over. He knocked on the door, and when he saw through the glass I was dolled up (again) he started to retreat. I stopped him. "For crying out loud, Muy. You've seen me in a dress before. Here. Pass me the package, and thank you very much. " I went on to comfort him more and thank him for his neighborly consideration.

He caught me a few more times. One time I just stood outside and finished a drink with him, talking in the front yard.
    I haven't heard from the other neighbors yet. The way I've been moving freely in and out in full Ilene mode for the last month or so, I don't know how they COULDN'T see something and be curious.

So far, the neighbor has been cool with it. He invited me to his son's high school graduation party (knowing all of this; and so does his wife apparently).
    Last edited by IleneD; 07-16-2018 at 11:21 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Hi Melissa. I remember chatting with you in the past. Glad things went well with your neighbor.

Good that you have got it cool with the neighbours, mine wouldn't know they probably think I have a sister or else the place is full of girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Ilene, my friend, you've got grit! I've tried, successfully so far, to not let my neighbors see me dressed. However, I have gone into my rear yard en femme (visible to both side neighbors) for brief moments. I envy you and your daring!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I thot u were referring to a Dr Seuss book, Melissa! His, "Adventures with the New Gnu"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You are lucky to have an understanding neighbor. I know all my neighbors and it's doubtful that any of them would understand. I really like living here so I'm not going to chance it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Only left,dressed from our flat (10 floors up) the once and met no one,but hopefully moving into new place soon,and big decisions will have to be made regarding the neighbours seeing Sophie

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson