Thread: Lucky for a second time in a week

Lucky for a second time in a week

Am I pressing my luck?

On Tuesdays I work from home which allows me some Valerie Time. I had to recall the exterminator to kill some bees, they were getting into the house. The weren't supposed to be here until between 3 & 4. So after lunch, sadly I put Valerie away and cleaned up. I was thinking this morning what if they show up early? I decided if they did I would suck it up and answer the door. I am a long way from being totally passable. But I shut it down early and they showed up an hour earlier than expected. I wonder what the reaction would have been? The world may never know.

Hugs

Valerie

Gold Member
    A few weeks ago, on a Thursday, I was home and dressed with a jean skirt, Bra with added forms and a top.
    The Fed-Ex man came to the door, and needed a signature. Well with out thinking, I opened the door, he handed
    me the package and his little box to sign on. I did, and said thank you. I closed the door as he ran to his truck.
    I then just thought what I just did. I was dressed as a girl, but with a man's head, mostly bald and wearing
    a mustache.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I hope they relocated the bees its a shame to kill them.
    Their numbers have been dwindling and if we have no bees we have no food.

I was expecting a junk disposal service to come by today and was told they would give an hour heads up. So I dressed but wanted to be on the safe side so I showered all the makeup off. Was just in shorts no shirt when the doorbell rang. I answered it- 2 women handing out Jehovahs Witness papers ( and this is a private road). If they came by when I was outside taking pictures it could have been interesting. And disposal service did call later but only 10 minutes heads up
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Was taking pics the other day and a roofing contractor rang my bell so I answered the door and he asked if the man of the house was in.
    Not sure he realized what was going on but I really don't care what he thinks LOLOL.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    An advantage I have is that I live on a remote hilltop so unexpected visitors are rare. Have a peephole in the front door so get to analyze first before any door opening. If dressed and I want to actually go face to face, I tell the visitor(s) to wait a few minutes.

Problem I have had here are Yellow Jackets (a wasp variety) getting inside through a roof vent or window screen cracks, plus trying to set up a home outside under the 2nd story wood deck. These insects are NOT welcome.

But honey bees? Another story. I wanted to weed kill a couple of patches of a thistle variety adjacent to my driveway this year, but I got to it a bit late. Honey bees by the scads were loving the tiny white flowers so I let them have a couple weeks to do their thing. By the time I finally applied weed killer? Too late. Now thistles jump out and grab a hold of my pantyhose covered legs as I hike by!

L

Valerie,
    That is an opportunity lost, although it can still be tried on the next service person that visits.

I cured that problem when I was misgendered over the phone and they thought I was a man, I explained I had a problem and my voice was naturally deep. :-)

So a quick change into a dress and I was ready when they arrived.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I'm dressed and someone knocks on the door everything in the house gets very quiet and I stay put. I usually can hear any one driving up the lane but have been surprised a couple times but have never went to the door just stayed in the bed room. Every one so far has just knocked and then left a note on the door or package in the bed of the pickup.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Answered the door dressed to the Mormons one day (are those guys everywhere,or is there some wierd reason why there's so many in Scotland) talk about awkward

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Answered the door dressed to the Mormons one day (are those guys everywhere,or is there some wierd reason why there's so many in Scotland) talk about awkward

Sophie
    These days, I doubt it would distract them in the least. Like delivery people, they have probably seen everything and more than once. How to handle a host of situations is part of their training. Anything unusual gets reported back through their bishop and fed back into their system. Anymore, contact with CDs is probably old news to their bishop. I know from experience that their system will not forget who and where you are, though my bad name comes from winning debates with them.

Silver Member
    About 1/2 hour ago, bell rings and knocks on the door several times. I know its a delivery guy. I was fully dressed, so I didn't answer the door... never do when dressed girly. He'll leave a note which I'll sign to OK leaving the package on his next visit. Works well.

I nearly got caught by my brother when I was younger
    thankfully i was in the toilet when he came in to the house
    and I managed to get undressed before he caught me

The Jehovah's came to the door a couple of weeks ago while I was dressed - I gave it a serious thought. Answering the door as Valerie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    If I'm dressed and someone knocks on the door everything in the house gets very quiet and I stay put. I usually can hear any one driving up the lane but have been surprised a couple times but have never went to the door just stayed in the bed room. Every one so far has just knocked and then left a note on the door or package in the bed of the pickup.
    I hate that, it's so scary. Best thing is a remote camera if poss, but not easy to keep a constant eye on it, Google Glasses anyone... Or keep quick-change to hand if not dolled to the max.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rocval2001 View Post
    The Jehovah's came to the door a couple of weeks ago while I was dressed - I gave it a serious thought. Answering the door as Valerie.
    Next time the JWs are about I'm going to go full-Davina & answer the door with HHEEELLLLLOOOOOO .