Thread: thank you sir, I am sorry mam

thank you sir, I am sorry mam

I was in the grocery store yesterday get a few things, went to check out with a 22 year old working at the cash register. We talked about a box of cookies I had that were open on one corner and she went to exchange them for a new box. I was wearing a causal fem top, capri and running shoes. I have natural long hair (mid back) fem eye brows and natural very long nails, painted a very bright pink color. No make up at all, hair a mess and tired. So, I paid from my fem wallet and very pink nails and she said, thank you sir and the next breath she said I am sorry mam. It was the very first sir,mam I have ever gotten. I laughed to myself (not out loud) as I was leavening and said thank you. I have had lots of sirs and a very lot of mams, but this is the first sir,mam. Marshalynn

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Had that happen a few times I find it funny in a way.

I've only had 1 "sir ,er sorry mam".
    but quite right, best not to take ourselves too seriously, besides it can open another fun conversation.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

yep, been there, done that! LOL
    probably more than i care to mention...
    paula

Marshalynn, At least she walked it back. Once when dressed I got a "What's up dude".
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It happens, at least you laughed it off, things like this are often funnier after the moment, not so much in the moment.

It happens that way sometimes.

Just go with it I say.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ironically, I get more “ma’am, oh sorry sir”s when I go out in guy mode.

You did exactly the right thing. You let it roll off your back and just kept on trucking.

There was no animosity in her comment.

I get the mam and then OH SORRY Sir quite a bit when I'm not dressed, which I kind or like. Get called mam a lot and it makes me smile. I think living here in conservative Utah my long hair make people think female first.
    wilma
    me and my "pinkcheeks"

Banned Read only
    Marshalyn,
    I've not had the sir-mam yet but it is lovely to get a madam and be called a lady .

I admit I'm not good at getting my he/she's right at my social group once I'm chattering away .

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Went to a drive thru not long ago and the voice is always a give away. The lady says ok pay at the window sir .
    Didn’t say anything once I was given my purchase at the window fully dressed. Wonder what went through her mind handing me my card back

My second time out (3 total outings so far) I experienced a sir-ma'am. Part of it was my own doing... I was wearing a dress and heels, light makeup and earrings. I did not have a wig on and so was wearing my naturally very short haircut. I've seen many black women with very short hair so I thought I'd give it a go. As I was walking into my hotel from the car I opened the door to walk in and saw a gentleman in his way out. I did my normal thing and held the door for him. As he walked out he said thank you si.... Before he finished saying "sir" he quickly said "Sorry ma'am". I simply said "No problem as I stepped in and headed to my room. I snickered a bit and was very appreciative that he caught himself. I totally understood his response given the situation and he was obviously apologetic.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I sympathize with servers and SA's simply trying to do their job properly. Then, I walk in and scare the heck out of them!

I really don't care. Because I'm obviously a MIAD.
    However, I always thank anyone referring to me with fem pronouns. And, for the, "Sir/maam's", I always make a point to tell them how nice it was for them to care when I know how busy they r!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have long hair so while out in man mode I love it when the server comes from behind and welcomes my wife and I with "hello ladies" then stammers out a correction....or not and maybe blushes a little.