Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wig Salon

If you find the right place, it's fun. When I travel to Vegas I try to make a visit to Serge's wigs. They always have some on sale and in different colors. I go in male attire and they have no problem helping me. I have bought at least 6 wigs there and the ladies there always help. when I was there over New Years, the lady who helped me told me to stop back so she could see me dressed. Didn't make it back. Some of these are over a $100 but on sale in the $50-$60 range. You have to buy a cap for a couple of $$, no big deal.

Best to have a fitting at a shop. Buying online hit and miss.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

No reason not to serve you. Such places are used to it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quality wigs are worth it. I always buy at the same salon and go dressed. £200 plus for the last one though previous ones were around £150. Nice to have a choice to go with different outfits and seasons!

I finally worked up the courage to make an appointment at a salon, some other posters have recommended as being TG/CD friendly in the Houston area. I went to the appointment today. It was great experience. Being able to try different styles and colors really goes along way to making a decision. I ended up getting a color I never would have thought looked good on me. It actually has blonde highlights!

So as not to derail the OP's topic, I'll make a new post about that experience and post of few pictures, too.

Updated : 9/16/2018. My post about my Wig Shopping excursion is up in Photos section. I'd love to hear your comments.
    Last edited by Chloe St Clair; 09-16-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Finding a good wig is hard lol still looking for mine!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some of us here have been saying for years go to a professional its so worth it.
    I try to explain that what you think looks good on the display or catalog may not look good on you.
    There is so much more to selecting a wig perfect for you that you just can't do online.
    The shear number of wigs the shop has in their inventory makes your choices almost endless.

I'm so glad to see more new threads where people have finally taken the plunge and gotten help from the pros.
    Well done ladies!!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-16-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Hi Sophie,

Thank you so much for this post. I’ve alway bought wigs on the Internet because I’ve never realized how welcoming a professional wig salon could be. I will definitely put this on my list of things to do this year.

Anne

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Getting a wig professionally styled is worth every penny. Even if you buy something online at some point in its life it will need to be rejuvenated. I hope you have a wig stand to keep it on and not a box to throw it in crumpled up Etc. You can shake it out but it won't last for long that way. Getting a wig restyled professionally will add years to its life and improve your look immeasurably. Back when I was wearing wigs there was a place I could send it to in the mail and it would even come back restyled nicely. Can't beat that for convenience. Never use that service because I saw her once a year at one of the bigger events.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Anne E
    I hope you do get to experience the whole wig salon experience, and remember to let us know all about it

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is very important to have the pro at the wig salon tell you how you should care for it and how to comb it out after you wear it.
    I have one that is 10 years old and it still looks new because I have taken care of it and cleaned it regularly.

My first experience was very similar, but I went alone. I didn't have any friends to accompany back then.

Many of my firsts were accomplished alone.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It is very important to have the pro at the wig salon tell you how you should care for it and how to comb it out after you wear it.
    I have one that is 10 years old and it still looks new because I have taken care of it and cleaned it regularly.
    Too bad I don't have a pro in my area and still buying wigs online. It's a lottery each time.

Thanks for the report. I will have to try out a local wig shop. I've bought a couple of wigs but always from an adult sex toys shop. They were not the best quality and I usually purge them at the end of my business trips.