Thread: Survived!

Survived!

So yesterday I got sent to a county fair for work. A a county that has a reputation for being very backward and inbred. I was quite nervous and apprehensive. When I got down there I delighted to discover that it wasn't quite as backward as I had remembered. Either I didn't get read, or these people have become more accepting, hopefully a little bit of both, especially the latter...
    I think it's a positive thing when a transwoman is accepted in what has traditionally been a redneck part of the state.
    uniform: tan slacks with a golf shirt with the company logo embroidered on it.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    That's great to hear, still I would be on guard around the red hat brigade.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I thought that very same thing when I ventured deep into the mountains of Eastern Kentucky for a trans group meeting.
    The people at the meeting were very accepting as were the people in the small towns around there that we ventured into.
    I was referred to as ma'am and miss as were the other trans women with me.
    We had breakfast one morning in a little Mom and Pop diner on the side of the road and it was so busy we had to wait for a table for a few minutes but everyone and yes the Bubbas and Bubbaettes were very nice to us.
    One older man said its nice to have some pretty ladies in for breakfast because we brightened up the place.
    Rednecks/country folks are some of the most honest people you will meet and if you treat them kindly they will treat you the same way.

Of course some people are just to busy to care. Now if there were teenage girls around, you would have heard something if you were read.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Teenage girls....

That is the acid test.

I still get the weird looks now and then, I try to avoid them like the plague.

I agree there is no way to measure up rednecks and country folk.

It must be all to do with the weather or aliens. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great news about rural America!

Re teenage girls, I find the best way after they point and snigger is to walk over to them to ask directions. First they blanch with embarrassment at being caught being nasty, then they compose themselves and are as polite and sincerely friendly as they are capable of. I am kindly, and they see I don't consider myself strange at all, which diminishes their 'justification' to gang up on a social outcast. I stay long enough and continue the conversation to wear out their worry so it becomes a positive experience for both of us.
    We are all beautiful...!