Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clothes shopping goes slightly wrong

So the question is did she do it on purpose or just negligent? Probably the later. But the SA mentioning skirts speaks to the former.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There are some things we don't need in our lives, I have had similar incidents but I just bite the bullet so to speak and life goes on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Been there. I was wearing a skirt as a man and had bought a new one so alarm goes off for man in skirt. I think they were actually more embarrassed than I was. I have had a dress from a store 200 miles away that still had the gadget in it and had to go to another department store with the receipt. I also bought a top from Coast that still had the thingy in it and I can't find the receipt so I have to wear it with a big lump in it and it means I can't wear it in public. I wish the alarms WOULD go off when you leave the shop so that this problem doesn't happen. I would rather be thought a crossdresser than a shoplifter. I don't think they leave them in deliberately but I suppose they might be distracted by serving a crossdresser.

Banned Read only
    Carrie-Anne,
    Don't be put off it happens all the time , I know none of this bothers me now but it does take a while so just keep doing it . Just the other day I totally forgot I was still carrying a wire basket , I'd put all my purchases and handbag into it so the basket set the alarm off , the sales staff were apologetic to me for not realising they had forgotten to collect the backet from me . I'm blond so I can claim a dizzy blond moment , I do have a few these days !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    LoL Nice one.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    As the expression goes, "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger". I have had a couple of incidences that helped me get over my shopping. One was when I was looking at different pantyhose colours to buy, this woman who was obviously mentally challenged started talking in a loud voice "why are you buying pantyhose". I gave her a dirty look and moved off until she was gone. Another time I was buying some panties, a couple of pairs didn't have price tags, so out over the intercom goes, "price check on women wear on till 5. From that point on I made sure there was tags on everything. I just laugh about it now, in the overall picture of life, it's small potatoes. If anything can go wrong, it will, so we just have to get used to it.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My clothes buying saga continues! In the local supermarket i have started to buy panties and make up wipes etc as I know I can go through the self service checkout. These machines though were all upgraded recently and are now rubbish. As I hurriedly put my things through and got them into the bag the machine decided to crash and the light came on for assistance needed. A staff member came over and tried to get things right again but decided the easiest option was to start all over again. She then took all the things out of my bag to re scan them including the panties and make up wipes. Nothing was said but I expect she had a good laugh with her work colleagues when I left. As I said previously, I think I will stick with online shopping! Although one of my parcels did get delivered to the wrong address recently but they never opened it luckily. I know it would be fun to shop in the stores and try things on but that is not possible in a small town like this where many people know me. I will have to plan a shopping trip to a much larger town soon and hope for the best! Carrie Anne x

I seem to remember being in drab & having trouble when buying my white flowery-effect jumper - I'm sure the girl was wide-eyed when we were done. Some years ago I also had something delivered to a very similar but still wrong address - I went to the address & it was just sutting in their hallway so I grabbed it (politely)!

Oh the things we remember that others don't!

Times have certainly changed. When I was younger, SAs would give you the look... Now it is like they have been trained to be respectful, money is money.. Social movements certainly have helped, at least in my case, especially in beauty product stores, now I just wait my turn and ask for what I am looking for. But nothing like a great find in a thrift store.