Thread: Exciting trip to Belk’s

Exciting trip to Belk’s

Last night I got up the nerve to go out. Crop jeans, tank top, wedges. Wore some foundation and mascara. Walked into Belk’s. Strolling cosmetics. Clinique SA knows me well. She insisted I try a new red/orange lipstick. Worked great with my tan. We also played with some bright eyeliners. I had so much fun.

I've been tempted, many times, to try a cosmetic makeup at Macy's while totally dressed. I have never had the courage to go through with it.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Very cool! I still haven't had the nerve to go up to the makeup counter when dressed for a makeover or just makeup help, but its on my bucket list. Hopefully you picked up some new stuff!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Good for you, Sammi. Glad you enjoyed yourseld.

You must be a Southern girl indeed. Georgia, maybe NC.
    We lived in NC for 12 yrs and my daughter/family still reside there. We go back often (and have purchased a second residence there).
    BUT... I know Belks. Love their stores, especially for women's clothing. They have a line of very smart women's garments under the Kim Rodgers name. I think its their store brand. It is great for every day, casual women's wear. I've picked up a few items in the last few years during trips back to NC.
    I haven't tried their makeup counter (MAC services), nor purchased cosmetics there. Sounds like the artists served you well.
    So glad to hear about someone else who cherishes the Belk stores.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Sammi,

I feel that first visit to the makeup counter enfemme is a rite of passage for any CD'er.

Janine/Michaela,

Yes it's scary but as Sammi writes the SA's are so accepting. It's one of those things where the fear in our heads doesn't match the reality of the situation.

My first time I'd gone for a foundation colour match. The SA sat me on the stool and began working her magic. People walked by and no-one batted an eyelid as the SA and I chatted away. It felt the most normal thing in the world.

Word if caution. The SA's are there to sell and it's easy to spend a lot if money. Makeup can be expensive. Enjoy but don't get carried away.

I'm so jealous, I totally wish I could do that!

When I first began going out I never would have dreamed of going to a MAC, Sephora, etc. and having the SA help me with makeup. The first time I did try it I was scared beyond belief, my stomach churning. But as I sat there I noticed that no one seemed to be staring. I just visited a MAC counter at Macy's and it was once again an enjoyable experience. One woman gave me a look but I think it was more my blouse and leggings lol. Most people are too consumed with their own lives to care what others are doing.

Sometimes I am spotted as a makeup candidate again I grab the moment and see what happens.

I have had a few complimentary sessions as the girls are intrigued by a boy dressing as a girl.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    So nice to read of your positive encounter.? Alas I seem to have lost my nerve these days.

Always nice when they help, I bet we are neighbors and don't even know it.