Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing your name...

Hearing your name...

Today whilst out getting some lunch a woman behind me called out Becky to her friend... don't worry i didn't turn around and say yes? But it did get me thinking, I would love to hear your answers to these questions..

1. Have you been called by your Fem name?
    2. If you hear your Fem name being called by someone not addressing you how does it feel?
    3. If your answer to Q1 was yes - How does it feel?
    4. How did it feel the first time?
    5. How do you react when you meet someone with the same name as you?

My answers are:
    1. Yes many times, I have been lucky to go out with friends and also have had a number of makeovers
    2. I get a warm feeling
    3. I love being called Becky or Bec it feels very normal
    4. The first time it definitely felt strange I felt like I was testing & feeling trying out this new concept... but it grew on me very quickly
    5. I feel a sort of secret bond with the other Becky. Given we usually choose our own names its pretty likely we like them, so I also naturally like all the Beckys I meet. I almost always say nice name.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Some people who know I dress call me Robert, some Sherry. Some ask which I prefer?

I tell them I don't care. And, I really don't. Because I'm who I am no matter how I'm dressed! However, I've discovered some r more comfortable calling me by fem name or the other. I've never asked them why?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Becky,

If you attend a support group everyone is normally referred to by there femme name. I can remember the first time I attended a group and introducing myself as Helen.

As this was in the first minutes of arriving and my stomach was full of butterflys it felt both strange and wonderful in equal measure. As everyone introduced themselves using their femme names it quickly normalised.

Strangely I can't remember meeting someone with the same name given that I'd place Helen as a fairly common name but perhaps it's one of those fallen out of favour.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    1) When you're out and about people ask what they call me so yes I have been called it may times as it's the only name they know me as .
    2) It still doesn't always register for a few moments but having my femme name closely associated with my male name was a sensible decision .
    3) Another little gesture that I've arrived , the name goes with my appearance .
    4) Being on the forum helped but hearing it for the first few times felt good rather than odd .
    5) So far I haven't met another Teresa , although there was a member here for a while .

Going back to the point about question ( 1) now I'm out far more though still not full time I have been to my doctors surgery to make an appontment , the receptionist asked if I wanted to register in a femme name , also the screening nurse at the blood donation centre asked the same question . I will have to think about that one as my full male name was called out in the waiting area both times , it did raise a few eyebrows when a person wearing a blouse and skirt responded .

Hi Becky,

1. Yes I have
    2. Wistful, wishing I could go by that name.
    3. I love it!
    4. Pretty much as it felt for you. Now it just feels right.
    5. Same as you. I smile inwardly.

Elizabeth
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 07-20-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I have been addressed as Susan frequently. I just accept that if I am out in public dressed as a woman I have to use a woman's name. I do not identify as a woman and am increasingly uncomfortable with the name and wish I had chosen something ambiguous like Chris. There is one shop where the owner insists on calling me Suzanne and introduced me to her staff as this so they call me Suzanne as well.

For reasons I won't go into I was at one point contemplating changing from Susan to something else - but what? I briefly became Fiona. I asked three women (all shop owners) what name came to mind with my 'look'. Two of them said Clarissa which is not a common name so I thought there must be something in it. So when I needed a bit more detail for an email address I added Clarissa but it isn't a name I can begin to relate to - it is associated with the landed gentry and the last thing I would wish to do is appear to endorse the class system. If I had to adopt another woman's name I think I would go for Rosemary or Rosalind, or perhaps alter Clarissa to Clara.

When out at my meetup I am called Jamie. So 1) yes, 2) yes, 3) does feel normal, 4) not strange, and 5) my femme name is a variant of my male name, so natural.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have turned around in both modes, as a girl I have responded a couple of times only to realise someone else was the target.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Both of my names more relate to a safe word, Stacy is what I wish for, but Indie is what I respond to when needed!

One day someone will call my name!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    1. Yes
    2. Meh
    3. Fine, because it is respectful when done
    4. Special because at such a young age it was done and the condition/situation it happened
    5. Meh

1) No
    2) I don't use the name so I never noticed.
    3) n/a
    4) n/a
    5) never noticed, paid attention to or even cared.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Hi Becky
    Only on this forum does anyone use my name, when I hear it in public use I do like it but don't react in any way. I've known a few 'Dianes' in my time (in fact one of them is where I took my name from) but again I usually don't show any kind of reaction to it. I have said 'oh, I know a Diane' meaning me,a few times.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    A lady-friend of mine sometimes addresses me as "Alice" when we're talking about certain things.
    Some CD-friends sometimes address me as such with fem-pronouns.
    None of it ever bothers me.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I live in Montreal Qc and most of the gurls I have meet are french so hearing Liza instead of Lisa is a bit of a pain but I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling being called by my femme name.

!. Yes I have been called by my Fem name.
    2. It feels great when my wife calls be Connie or for that matter anyone. (the store Torrid writes your name on the chancing room door I took a picture of it )
    3.I love when I'm called by Connie it really makes me feel more womanly (if that is a word lol).

4.It made me feel great the first time and every time.
    5.Meet or even hear it on a TV show or movie I always smile.

…....I was taken aback when I heard "Debra" called at a Jamba juice after ordering a drink. The young man that mixed the drink called DEBRA three times before I realized "oh that's me" …..a little strange but still self confirming all the same...……………...Debra

2. If you hear your Fem name being called by someone not addressing you how does it feel?

My answers are:
    1. Nope, only online.
    2. If it is unexpected, it is a little head turning.
    3. N/A
    4. N/A
    5. Doesn't really do anything, kind of an "Oh" Moment then you move on.
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

1. Yes.
    2. I get a little flutter but otherwise know it's not me they are addressing.
    3. Affirmation of my feminine side.
    4. Since it was in a group at Tiffany Club, where everyone is using a female name, it felt normal almost immediately.
    5. Hasn't happened yet, but I think I would be happy.

Hey cousin Becky (Blue)

The only people who know my female name are on this forum. Before posting here I was super in the closet, this is the only place I have ever opened up too.

When I hear the name Sara in public I am sensitive to it. I have always thought Sara / Sarah a pretty and feminine name. I dunno why, I have never dated or had a "Sara" that was important in my life. Its like they say, hearing your own name spoken is pleasing to hear. For a few years I have had the same pleasing reaction to hearing Sara, and it chose me, I did not pick it. But the name is only in the last few years, I have been dressing since childhood

Sara Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Hasn't happened yet. I think that it is not a common enough name.
    3. Wonderful.
    4. Made me smile once I realized that I was the one being called.
    5. Hasn't happened yet (see 2).

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    1. No, but I wish my wife would use it occasionally.
    2. The only way to describe it is, my heart skips a beat.
    3. Unfortunately I don't know.
    4. N/A
    5. I get this funny glow within me.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

1. Yes I get called Joyce by my wife as well as other crossdressers when at the group outings.
    2. It just makes me smile a little.
    3. I like it and I'm getting used to it a little more every time. Like it's becoming a part of me...go figure!
    4. This too makes me smile and then I immediately assess them a little. Like hmmm....I think I would look just as good in that outfit, or if it's a younger girl maybe...if only I looked that good as a younger Joyce.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    1. Yes i have on many occasions

2. I know it's highly unlikely their talking to me so no reaction

3.I just love being referred to as Sophie.at home either name is used and
    I'm cool with that

4.First time was at a support group,when I was called over to join some
    ladies,I felt in cloud 9,then when they used female pronouns I felt even
    better

5.Perhaps an inward smile,but no public reaction though to it

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

1. My friends refer to me as Steph and I've also started going by that name even at work. I don't get referred to by my given name very much these days. 2. Hasn't happened to me yet 3. It's a really nice feeling, it makes me feel really happy 4. I was a bit nervous, I definitely had a butterflies in my stomach feeling 5. I haven't encountered a fellow Stephanie yet, but I'd love to someday!

1. Have you been called by your Fem name? Yes
    2. If you hear your Fem name being called by someone not addressing you how does it feel? Has not happened yet.
    3. If your answer to Q1 was yes - How does it feel? Vindication.... but gf uses my name, Kara and I feel a little uneasy but the dressing calms me at the same time.
    4. How did it feel the first time? Double eye take lol
    5. How do you react when you meet someone with the same name as you? Has not happened yet....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.