Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing your name...

I am used to being addressed by my femme name and hate it when anyone slips up.

I had to speak to a Becky today on a work call... I kind of stumbled on her name and then had a small LOL @myself
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    My SO once used my girl name in front of my parents, but it was in a slightly vague way and they didn't notice. Yes, Becky, I smile to myself when I have to talk to another Charlotte.

The preecher's wife's name is close to mine. At the church picnic I was sitting talking guitars with her, and somone called her name, and my head went on a swivel as well.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Another fun thread Bec, sorry I missed it before.

1. Have you been called by your Fem name?
    2. If you hear your Fem name being called by someone not addressing you how does it feel?
    3. If your answer to Q1 was yes - How does it feel?
    4. How did it feel the first time?
    5. How do you react when you meet someone with the same name as you?

Sadly tho, I really have little experience in being called by my fem name. There's also the fact that it's not really too common of a name these days.
    My group of lady friends would prolly use it with me more, but there's a gg Kass in our little community, so they don't use my preferred form because of that.
    The trans female friend who I first met here on the forum nad first went out dressed with used to call me Cassie, and so that's the one person who has used the name with me.

Anywho…..
    1. yes
    2. interested and curious - I want to check the lady out, especially if she's using the formal Cassandra version.
    3. nice
    4. wonderful and affirming - I knew it was the right choice for me for sure after that.
    5. excited - again it's not that common, so I want to find some reason to engage in conversation and get some vibe of her.

Cass

I talk to myself a lot - someone has to, lol - and always call myself Eemz in my own mind. So it slipped out recently when I was with my brother - I was rushing and dropped my stuff and while gathering it up I involuntarily said out loud "For God's sake Eemz, get your s..t together". He looked at me oddly (he didn't know at the time) but I just carried on as if nothing had happened and that was that. I'll tell him some day, now that he knows

Anyway - the specific questions. Eemz is sort of a pet name I invented myself, the "real" name is Emer (E-mer) so I'll talk about that instead.

2. If you hear your Fem name being called by someone not addressing you how does it feel?

1. Yes. The first person I told was a gay male friend and he always calls me Eemz now, regardless of how I'm dressed. I also use Emer for online deliveries and sometimes get calls from couriers asking to speak to Emer, who is always "not here at the moment, but maybe I can help" lol.
    2. I don't really notice because my male name is very common so I'm used to filtering out calls to other people.
    3. It felt fake and scary until i got to really accept myself for who i am. Now it's nice. Makes me feel warm inside.
    4. Very strange but nice. it had only existed in my head to that point and this made it real somehow.
    5. It makes me smile, like we have a shared secret. Unless it's the original Emer from whom I inherited the name; she doesn't know, so I have mixed feelings.

Today i was writing a work email to a Becky so i started the email dear Becky then almost signed off xxx Bec which is my standard email sign off.. ooops I think the xxx would have troubled her more than the Bec...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

1. Not in meat space.
    2. No feelings at all.
    3. See answer 2.
    4. Has never happened.
    5. Know several people named Fran and i have no reaction other than to say hello to them.

My fem name is for cyber space only and is never used else where.

Fran

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post

1. Only when speaking on the phone as Kimberly but never in person.

2. Never in person but I did detail it in a post of mine where I got a wrong number call once asking for Kimberly. It was certainly a shock!

3. It felt wonderful to hear my name said back to me. I equate it with being the shy girl in a big class when the boy you’ve been crushing on comes up to you and says hello.

4. It was a rush but it felt so lovely.

5. I’m not out to anyone but when I do meet another Kim or Kimberly I think it’s fun to think in my head “oh my name is Kim too!” And I think they’re an automatically an awesome girl.
    Last edited by CrossKimmy; 09-29-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗