Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time getting appraisal glance from a male!

First time getting appraisal glance from a male!

Decided to dress today and went to the bank! I was getting out of the car and had my back to the bank and when I turned around a young Hispanic male was giving me an appraising look while he was going into the bank! I just smiled and went about my business at the walk up ATM. There were at least 2 other males that walked by but no looks! Then Lana Mae drove to the gas station and topped up the tank! There was a breeze and it felt nice blowing through my wig hair! I am still dressed and doing laundry! My counselor asked me last time if it was more satisfying to go out or do chores around the house and I told here it really doesn't matter! Just a little Lana Mae update! Hugs Lana Mae PS-The nosy neighbors got a good look today! They were backing into their driveway as I was pulling out and they were both looking my way! OH, well! LOL
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 07-20-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana,

I you keep drawing looks from men, eventually you will get lucky.
    Keep up the good work, girl.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae , Like I said before," You are so out there now.

It sounds like you got a passing grade today. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ilene: I am not sure I want to get "lucky"!
    Orchid: Funny I thought I did not look all that great today! I was wearing my "guy" clothes(what I wear in male mode!)(women's jean and tee shirt) I just did the make up and added the bra/forms and my wig! I guess the clothes were appropriate for going to the bank!
    Thanks for your replies, ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Just be wary and alert at the ATM. A woman at the machine would be an easier target than a man.You knew eventually the neighbors would find out, it really is no big deal.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

It's got to be nice to move about with the ability to blend in with everyday traffic. And that there is no bad reactions from the public. As far as appraisal that is just a natural thing for either gender to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Lana May, you will get use to it and so as people you meet seeing you.

It will get easier as you continue you trips out and about.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Sounds like validation to me! Way to go!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A very positive day it seems. Good for you !!

Allisa: I am belted in Tae Kwon Do! Yeah, the neighbors have to find out eventually! LOL
    franlee: Yeah, but it is my first time as far as I know! LOL
    Rayleen: I found it amusing! Also somewhat validating!
    Michaela: Yes, it was validating!
    Tracii: Very positive!
    Thanks ladies for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Sounds like a very successful day out. I always think that if you get looked at by men rather then women, then you're probably doing something right. When it happens to me I usually chuckle to myself and imagine they wouldn't be too impressed if they knew what I was hiding under my dress - lol.

Sounds like a good day indeec

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It seems you assume he was appraising you 'as a woman'. Seems a big leap to make without any direct communication. Young men usual appraise young women. What evidence is there that he was not just having a good stare at what he thought was an obvious MIAD? Sorry but it may be reality check time.

Lana Mae, i enjoy reading your updates. It sounds as tho you are really living to the full, enjoying truly being yourself. It's a great example for those of us still peering out of the closet.

Daisy, you make a fair point that we don't actually know what someone else is thinking, but it doesn't really matter whether the young man was looking at Lana Mae in an appraising way or otherwise. What is more important is that Lana Mae now has the confidence to go out without worrying about how people may react.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Lana Mae,

It looks like Daisy was talking about, you seem to get appraisal from men, but how about other women ?

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Many forward steps being taken here.

Good for you Lana.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lana Mae, I'm glad you wanted to share your noticing of being noticed- and some of the feelings you had.

Appraisal is necessary- a survival instinct. Goes both ways. Our reaction to people noticing us is a big part of bringing the matter to a conclusion. The young man is observing you, noticing and managing his own reactions as a male to the discovery that you are a male, remembering people he has seen before, contemplating the future of society evolving before his eyes, recalling his grandmother and her friends, remembering when he put on his sister's dress, wondering if he too might become an elderly crossdresser, and much, much more, all in the blink of an eye!

On your part, a thousand things probably passed through your mind as well- to be encapsulated in an enjoyable realization that you can be out and about, and enjoy taking part in the world as a TG woman.

And you are doing a great service for advancing the cause, letting everyone know that TG women are no trouble after all!
    We are all beautiful...!

Sarah: Yes, I laughed to myself and thought the same! LOL
    Bridget: Indeed a good day!
    Daisy: I don't know but basically I was going by the expression on his face! It really does not matter because we can't bring him back and ask!
    Krea: Thanks that is what I was hoping for-helping others get out by example!
    Rayleen: At church, I get treated like any other woman! When out and not at church, well I had one lady at the grocery smiling at me! Really no comments from the ladies thus far!
    Beverly: Thanks!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana, so proud of you for presenting yourself to the world as one of the gurls. Keep doing what makes you happy, because we only have one life, so enjoy it.

Lana, What a lovely thing to happen to you, some of us yearn for something to happen like that but so few get it, I am very happy for you and more happenings like this make us all more acceptable to others
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    To answer your counsellor's question first I prefer to be out and about , I'm finding being dressed at home is so normal I hardly consider it CDing anymore . Even my neighbour across the road saw me come down my path to the car and said good morning , his wife is puzzled why we need to do it , that's all he told me last time I spoke to him , so I replied she's not the only one to think that at times .
    I may not still be full time but I'm getting to the point where I only want to do my chores etc. dressed .

I'm really not aware who is looking anymore , I'm finding if you don't look for a reaction you don't appear to get one. There are obviously several reasons why a guy may look, I was only thinking about this point when walking through the lounge area of a hotel on the way to the bar . It was very busy and yes people were glancing at us as we bought our drinks and walked past them back to out function room , it occured to me that some could be frustrated CDers wishing they could do the same thing . I did see some looks of disapproval the more I do it the less I understand why they do disapprove , I had to smile at a comment I did hear a wife make , she said , " you wouldn't catch my husband doing that ! " The forum has many mambers whose wives/ partners thought that how little some of them knew !

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I had to smile at a comment I did hear a wife make , she said , " you wouldn't catch my husband doing that ! "
    To which the correct response would be "Because he hides it so well..." or "Because he prefers longer/shorter/tighter/looser dresses."
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Amy Lynn: You are so right!
    Phili: (Almost missed your post!) Thanks! A good analysis of what was going on! LOL
    Teresa: Generally, I do not notice or ignore but I had just got out of the car and had my back to him as I was turning around and boom there he was! Really no biggy but i just noticed it this time!
    Bobbi: Yes I imagine there will be plenty more! LOL
    Ambigenderous: Yeah! LOL
    Thanks ladies for your responses
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    congrats!

Lana,

If it gives you any comfort, I drew remarks from some gents in public.
    I was going to our local GBLT Center for an evening rooftop social they were sponsoring. It was just this last Friday. I went en femme (of course). Not overdone. Demure and simple. As I was entering the facility, a couple guys apparent hooted something. I think it was a loud request to suck one of his body parts with a couple "Hey babies" thrown in. I was pretty much unaware of it. I just heard noise. A gay man part of a group gathered outside the center grabbed me from behind and asked if I heard the offensive comment the man made. All I could do was ignore it for I'd not heard it directly.
    I don't have time or energy to address such nonsense unless it poses an imminent threat. But yes.... it's possible for us all to encounter the attention of men.
    The Social (Fri 20 Jul)-FC.jpg

Me at the GBLT Social, and what caused all the fuss.
    Last edited by IleneD; 07-22-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.