Thread: On yer bike

On yer bike

So I've been following the Tour de France on TV and following every stage comes the podium awards for King of the Mountains, race leader etc. Each presentation is done in the company of 2 colour co-ordinated GG's.

The best way I can describe what the GG's wear is simple elegance. Nothing flashy or ostentatious, just very very tasteful. I think there's a lesson for any budding CD'er that being don't over guild the lily! Okay it helps that the GG's all have darling figures but all the same, simple bold colours coupled to simple elegant styles produces wonderful results.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Agree. The girls look great. Would love to have some of their outfits. Wish they wore hose, but I guess it was too hot.

As an avid follower of Le Tour, I have to say that I have not really noticed the girls, but most days I don't really watch the podium presentations.

Aspiring Member
    I follow the TdF closely as well and have seen the presentations,but I only stay on to watch them sometimes. Yes, the girls are dressed simply but tastefully.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Simply put, tasteful and elegant but also looking very pretty, oh to have a figure like that!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

On a slightly different note, I too follow the Tour closely and am also a competitive bike racer, with approximately 9,000 miles ridden per year.

When I go out for training rides - between 3-5 hours in length, very often it is in full makeup - foundation, blush, eyes and brows fully done, lips as well. A tube of lipstick in my jersey pocket to freshen up along the way.

It stays on surprisingly well, and feels so marvelous to have on as the hours spent training “drag” on. As I am generally faster than most riders I encounter, they are in and out of my life quite quickly, and I can say they don’t even notice. All my training is done on quite empty country roads.

However I do routinely stop for my post-ride coffee closer to home, and the girls at the coffee shop are very supportive and encouraging.

I’m always surprised how well things hold up, even in the heat. When it rains however, it’s an entirely different story!...a running mess of mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and foundation! After a number of minutes in the rain, it all washes away.

Very often when it gets chilly, I will wear a cute padded sports bra for the warmth and the feeling of completeness. I love the idea that the bra straps show through my tight jersey, although no one has ever mentioned a thing. I assume they don’t look closely or perceive it as a heart rate monitor, which is a bit disappointing, although the females at coffee do know exactly what they are looking at!

Occasionally when I’m feeling the need, I will fill the bra slightly. I do love seeing my shadow on the road with my hair curling out from beneath my helmet and the soft curve of my bra, the silhouette at last looking to me the way I feel.

I also generally have bright red or pink nails, and L’Oreal sparkly lotion on my arms and legs, making me glisten and glitter in the sun. It’s quite the pleasing package, and I’m able to enjoy the entire feeling for hours. When I can’t ride this way, it’s considerably less enjoyable.

Just my two cents!

Love to all,
    ~ brooke

I loved your description, Brooke. I found myself daydreaming while reading it!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I ride too, although only about 2000 miles a year. I usually go out early early (it's hot here in AZ). In the winter I ride with leg warmers (my wife calls them 'thigh highs') which I love as they are kinda girly. I've been thinking about riding with a bra & panties under my kit, one way for me to dress up at home.

Aspiring Member
    I too have noticed that in cooler weather a sports bra can add some welcome warmth on the chest.

Helen - an avid watcher of the Tour as well and the GG's are always fabulous. Culturally the French are just masters of classic chic. Very jealous on how they manage to pull it off. I lived in NYC on and off for awhile and women in the city also dress fab.

Brooke - I am amazed at your story. love

Here is a picture of the 2018 podium girls. The girls in yellow stand out to me
    d3331675c1fbc7ba6f80b7bf94a074439fefe4cf306e8b7bcc288d1fb0d9b505.jpg

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    OH oh, me next!

Huge cycling fan and wannabe racer, but have that same problem that Jan Ullrich had, only ten times worse, I'm Fat! Wife and I watch the ITV4 tour highlights every night and I really got her into it. Of course she loves Peter Sagan, and Nibbles, but she's starting to take a liking to Gee. I've also always admired the podim girls!

I get about 5000 miles a year. Brooke I'd love to come to Minnesota and ride with you one day! Eventually one day I'm going to try to ride dressed.

As an avid cyclist at 68, I'm not putting in anywhere near the miles of Brooke and Sarah. But I still love watching the tour and I like to watch the podium girls as well. It is a very classy style.

Leave it to the french. To my way of thinking the Tour is the most beautiful sporting event on television. From the scenes of the french countryside, the Alps and the Pyrenees, to the aerial shots of the peloton flowing around traffic circles at speed, and the crazy descents, the whole thing enchants me, and I end up watching every day of the twenty one day event. Vive le Tour!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The French do have a subtle fashion flair.

That being said French fashion houses are not so subtle. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Oh my god those houses, its hard to imagine that many regal manners existing in one country the size of Texas.

Just checked and I'm at 2700 miles and 130,000 feet climbed for 2018 so far. I usually ride hard in June and take it easy in July because its so hot and humid. CYcling has done strange things to my body, its the only excersize I do. I have pretty massive legs with very little fat and from the waist up I look like I don't do anything. I need to get in the gym this summer.

Anyone got a hot take on Froome vs. Gee? I think eventually Froome will start attacking him, it could come down to a truly epic final TT. I don't dislike Froome and I don't think he's a cheat, but I really like Gerrant's attitude and style.

Oh and did anyone see that crazy women's La Course Finish. Van Der Breggen had it won, or so it seemed, but Van Vleuten came back for the most dramatic finish I've ever seen. I watch women's cyclocross alot in the winter and really love watching the ladies race.

Brooke: When I go out for training rides - between 3-5 hours in length, very often it is in full makeup - foundation, blush, eyes and brows fully done, lips as well. A tube of lipstick in my jersey pocket to freshen up along the way.

Brook and Sarah..and any other avid cyclist..I log around 3000+ mi a year, am watching the Tour..and I have been out for road rides in full Julie mode: breast forms, hip pads full makeup, nails and all..I have not and probably would not stop for coffee..although I have when dressed out on the town, so why not I guess?..but I've only ridden as Julie in cooler weather with full length leggings and long sleeves, so no more likely to be read than when walking down the street..and what a great feeling to ride as Julie! I have also done this with a GG friend, renting those upright hybrid bikes with the cushy padded seats and cruising the bike path (in another town) with the public..great fun!!
    Last edited by Julie Martin; 07-24-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrii View Post
    I too have noticed that in cooler weather a sports bra can add some welcome warmth on the chest.
    Bras can help prevent nip chafing too

Aspiring Member
    Asew - thanks for posting the photo of the podium girls. I love the dresses they were. Oh to have their figures...