Thread: Ah finally.

Ah finally.

I always dress on weekends but last weekend I had to housesit for my daughter and even though she knows about my dressing I didn't feel comfortable doing it at her home.As far as I know her significant other has no idea.The weekend before last I had to work Sat and Sun and the desire to dress was there but not the energy.I was too tired to do the whole makeup thing which I always do,the thought of dressing with no makeup doesn't appeal to me so I didn't bother.I found myself getting a little stressed this past week. I 'm dressed tonight and getting ready to go for a drive and I feel so relaxed .Dressing definitely is like therapy for me.I think 2 weeks is probably my limit for going without a visit from Karen any longer and I'd probably get depressed and go nuts.I now realize how much I need to dress to stay mentally healthy.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

I can relate to the stressed out part but have learned to just hang in there.

Tell me about it, I went for a drive every night this week and my wife feels like I'm more relaxed. Even though I never leave the car except to gas up, just being outside of your male self is amazing. Drive away and enjoy and be safe.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    the thought of dressing with no makeup doesn't appeal to me so I didn't bother.
    Frankly I don't understand the whole "all or nothing" angle, seems to me you are limiting your own self expression

Maybe you should consider lightening up a bit on that aspect, no sense driving yourself nuts because you can't dress to the fullest.

Karen, I totally understand the frustration.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I feel the frustration every time my wife goes away for a couple of days to visit her sister out of state. I'm able to dress freely for a day or two, and then there is the long period of being deprived until the next opportunity.

I agree with Roberta. It doesn't have be full dress every time. Pace yourself like a GG, they are not fully dressed and made up all the time.

Even being partly dressed on occasions can be helpful.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm wondering if Murphy (if it can, it will) has taken up residence here in Niagara Karen. Although my wife is fine with me dressing inside our home, she's either had people coming in or has sent me out on errands so frequently I've tired of changing back and forth to the point I don't bother to dress.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    Yes, the frustration of not dressing. When we go away on holidays I always have to take something along just to get by as two weeks is a long time. Also, consider what Roberta says - it doesn't really have to be all or nothing. Ok, for you at the moment, it might, but do think about it. The number of opportunities would be greatly increased. But if that's not for you, then that's ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen RHT View Post
    I'm wondering if Murphy (if it can, it will) has taken up residence here in Niagara Karen. Although my wife is fine with me dressing inside our home, she's either had people coming in or has sent me out on errands so frequently I've tired of changing back and forth to the point I don't bother to dress.

Karen
    Maybe it isn't so much Murphy at work. Could it be that this is your wife's way to interfere with your dressing - without openly taking the blame for stopping you?

(((I guess I'm feeling a bit paranoid today...)))

Truth be told SaraLin I had the same thought initially, but discarded it. We've simply had a lot going on in our lives of late, and she's caught a stubborn bug that drained her batteries down. Valid reason for her to send me on errands she would normally run.

Having said that, my wife has made it crystal clear years ago she doesn't want to deal with anyone discovering my Karen persona. Perhaps she's the paranoid one?? lol

Karen

Perhaps you need to learn how to dress quickly. I change several times a day into clothes that are appropriate for what I'm doing. I'm certainly not going shopping in the clothes I used for gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    the thought of dressing with no makeup doesn't appeal to me so I didn't bother.
    I see makeup as a visual thing and, given the application time involved, don't get enough bang for the buck to go "all or nothing" on a regular basis. The tactile sensation from clothing has instant and continuous gratification that is quite appealing.