Thread: Head Over Heels

Head Over Heels

Has anyone read the book “Head Over Heels: Wives Who Stay with Cross-Dressers and Transsexuals”? I’m reading reviews about it and another book, “The Crossdresser's Wife” and both seem to come from different perspectives.

Head Over Heels is more about the stories where the marriages worked, recounting 30 stories from different couples.

The Crossdresser's Wife sounds like it’s coming from the perspective of marriages that didn’t work out, and paints the crossdresser’s as manipulative and abusive.

I may try to find that book and read it sounds interesting. Thanks for telling us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Elle- View Post
    Has anyone read the book “Head Over Heels: Wives Who Stay with Cross-Dressers and Transsexuals”?
    Please keep in mind that "want" and "need" are different things. One is negotiable and the other not very much.

Hi Elle,

I got this book when my wife first found out about my crossdressing and I hoped it might be helpfulso we both began reading it. It is written in a progressive manner as in each succeeding story recounts deeper and more extensive experiences. I found that after only a couple of stories I was already reading about experiences that were well being anything that I saw on my horizon. At that point i stopped reading and suggested that my wife do the same as it would only serve to feed into her fears as to where I was headed.

Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth G View Post
    At that point i stopped reading and suggested that my wife do the same as it would only serve to feed into her fears as to where I was headed.
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth, Thanks for the insight, I could see how that could happen. I think we each have similarities to portions of the stories we hear, or read, things that give us common ground, but we also each have our own path which is unique to who we are, where we are and what stage of life we are in. Fear of the unknown is difficult to overcome, I know from my own fears or worries.

Rogina B, I don’t think anywhere in my post or the other replies is there a mention of “want” or “need”, but I do understand what you mean.

Thanks for the replies!

Elle,

I read Head Over Heels six or 7 years ago so it has been a while. What I recall is that it is a quick read. The title is a cute play on words. My recollection is that the author is a counselor. Each chapter is a couples story followed by a 'clinical' analysis. I would say read each chapter and try and figure out what golden nuggets made it work out. I believe each subsequent chapter generally progresses further along the gender spectrum and the golden nuggets reappear in different forms. At least that is my recollection of the book. Some chapters will apply to your situation, others will not.

Elle, thank you for that, yet another book title to follow up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.