Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 to 5 Crossdressers

8 to 5 Crossdressers

I have a question for those that have an 8 to 5 job... Since I was 14, I have held a job (food industry, retail, local TV, and for the last 15 years Emergency Services), so I work a lot of shift work. I have several days off during the week, when I can dress without being interrupted. But that may all change very soon, I am a finalist for an 8-5 M-F position. When do you find the time to dress?
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

Congratulations on the chance to get a steady daytime shift position. I like that consistency rather than having to change from day shirt ot a later one.

Now, one important question. Is that an 8 to 5 Male to Female position too? That would be even better.

I count myself as incredibly lucky that I get to work from home three days a week and commute into the city only twice a week on the train. If I had a position without the flexibility I do not know when I would be able to do it.
    Best of luck in getting the position and finding a balance

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Is that an 8 to 5 Male to Female position too? That would be even better.
    When I saw M to F, Male to Female is the first thing that came to my mind also. Sadly, I quickly realized that it was Monday to Friday.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    I am a finalist for an 8-5 M-F position. When do you find the time to dress?
    Well in your case I would say anytime between the hours of 5:00pm and 8:00am M-F, all day Saturday and Sunday.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-23-2018 at 05:22 PM.

I'm married and when I was in the closet my dressing was with some excuses to my wife I got s room in a model to dress and go out.
    Since I told my wife more than two years ago and in transition, as I work at home, I dress everyday in the mornings, some weekends I go out and wife comes with me.
    I know, I'm a lucky girl.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Getting to dress all the way when I was working full time was tough and especially with the kids at home. I did find a few chances here and there, but not often. When I retired and wife was still working I dressed almost daily, now that she is retired also I get to dress mabe once a month. She used to be very accepting but has changed her mind think I was just going thru a phase. The phase has lasted many years so I dress when I can now even if I only get an hour or two. I do wear panties daily it helps some.
    Working 8-5:00 M-F can be tough but maybe the weekends you can find some time.
    Last edited by Jaylyn; 07-23-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Many of us underdress to keep the rough edges away. Then when we get home depending on our own situation we work it in wherever​we can. Then on weekends.
    Once a month I try to get out with the local group. Until then I don't usually get completely dolled up.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    When I saw M to F, Male to Female is the first thing that came to my mind also. Sadly, I quickly realized that it was Monday to Friday.
    LOL. Did not realized I did that, it would be Monday through Friday.
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I work full-time. I dress at the weekends. It's the best time. You have time to shower, exfoliate, shave your legs, paint your toenails. I live alone, so I don't have anyone else's weekend schedule to work around.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

You spend way more hours not working than working. Use some of them to crossdress.

Vacations of course and weekends.................
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy I dress for about 3:hrs every Morning and a couple hours a couple
    Evenings a week. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just a guess, but I’d say 5-8 during the week and any time on weekends...

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I work flexible hours and can arrange my days in or off. At present I get one, sometimes two days to dress a week. When my son moves out I could potentially have four days.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Self employed. So, anytime!

As long as I let my live in adult daughter know when in advance!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    The Weekends are my time to dress, and I try to make sure I have nothing but dressing time from Fri.
    PM to Mon. AM
    Rader

I know exactly what you mean, Amy. Working a platoon shift (24 on, 48 off) will spoil you with spare time like that. Trust me, there's more to that 8-5 transition than just dressing time, but you'll adjust. Plan on perfecting your makeup skills. Getting ready for an evening out after 5 doesn't leave time for mistakes.

Aspiring Member
    Amy, good luck with the job.

As for time to dress, well, I'm lucky as I work from home most days. When I'm in the home office, I like to maintain a professional air about the place and I wear clothes which are suitable for work in that I like to wear whatever a girl working about town might wear. Sometimes I have to run errands at lunchtime so that means a quick double change as I don't go out dressed, but what the heck, it's worth it. As for days when I have to commute to the city, well on those days, when I get home I like to slip into 'something a little less comfortable' As it happens, if I'm about the place and not going out, I'm generally dressed. This, of course means that I'll dress most days at least for part of the day and a lot of days, it can be all day or certainly most of the day. It does help having a very accepting partner of 30 years and more though.

Amy, I work 8-6 m-f, so evenings and weekends.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Amy, i guess it depends partly on whether you can dress freely at home, or if you live with someone who doesn't know/approve. (Sorry, i wasn't sure from your post.)
    Hopefully you will be able to find some time to dress on weekends or on weekday evenings. I guess many of us who are closeted do this.
    Maybe you could dedicate certain evenings specifically for dressing. Perhaps regularly meetup at a TG group if you don't already. (This is something i am now considering.)
    Finally there is always the option of discreet underdressing. I know it's not the same, but it can be better than nothing at all.
    Anyway, best wishes for your final interview.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

In an 8-5 job I would come home get dressed and last thing at night remove all makeup so as I could leave promptly for work next morning.

I have worn women's night attire since I was sixteen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I work similar hours most of the year and am fortunate that my wife usually works at least one weekend day and I can dress.

I don't know. I went to your website and forgot the question!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Amy,

For seven years until October 2017 I worked M-F 8 to 5 with rotating weekends on call. Single and living alone my work day kind of went like this. Breakfast, Shower, Dress for Work, Work, Home, Change into after work clothes aka Sarah's clothes. Bed time change into Sarah's sleep wear. If I had to do any shopping I did it on the way home so I wouldn't have to change again. On the weekends I wasn't on call I would polish the nails Friday evening and not remove until Monday morning.

Since October 2017 I have had the luxury of working from home 90% of the time. There are time now that Sarah is here for days at a time with out interruption and it is wonderful. I don't know what I will do if I had to go back into the office setting.