Thread: Another Sephora's success story

Silver Member

Another Sephora's success story

Yesterday morning three of us girls and one, young and pretty GG were treated to a fantastic hour and a half makeup session at Sephora's in Huntington Beach. The three MUAs were the same as the last time I was there. We were given royal treatment, and were able to fully apply all products they demoed for us, this time, with a MUA as a personal trainer. I attended in full femme, and walked among the normals to and from the salon.

One of the three of us, besides me, is a forum sister, KatrinaK. We finally met and she came because of my forum urging! She thoroughly enjoyed everything ..ask her! The third CD was a young girl, but I don't believe is a forum member. She was cute, too.

Sephora's was generous with a departing makeup bag and lots of makeup goodies for each one.

I spoke quite a while with the manager. She wants to have a Trans makeup session every month. So, ladies, you'll have another chance to attend one in August. Now, here's something to consider .. if you know you could not attend a session en femme, COME IN GUY MODE. When its over, you can remove all makeup and be back in guy mode. Its really that easy.

Sooooo, you girls watch for my next announcement. I hereby certify that I in no way receive anything for supporting their efforts on our behalf.

I’m gonna totally endorse this. Frankly, I’m a little more advanced than the class was about, but I learned more in those two hours than I’ve learned in a long time. Because the store is closed at the time and the ratio of students to makeup artists is so low, they’ll let you try ANYTHING in the store. You have your own station, and they’ll just keep bringing you things. You can get most of that during business hours, but not the dedicated makeup station and 2 hours of undistracted attention. I even brought my own brushes. I’ve said this in another thread, but this is the golden ticket to the candy factory, ESPECIALLY those who are “shy.”

Jenny wished I lived closer. Would be a long drive but I think you girls have a cool thing happening there.

I think the Sephora marketing department has realized a large, mostly untapped market segment.

Glad you had a positive experience, Jenny, though not the least bit surprised. Like KatrinaK, I found the "Bold Beauty" class a little too basic, but easily half the class I attended was starting from scratch, or nearly so. The looks on their faces, when they realized, just like any girl, what a little skin care and makeup can do, was just plain amazing. I simply can not say enough good things about a company that will reach out and validate a special group of ladies like that.

I’d like to join both of you next time!
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

it was a wildly positive experience for me to have free range of the candy shop outside of business hours with my own little station. I recommend this experience for all.

I was planning on and did spend a bit there, but the experience of trying everything with my own tools saved me a lot in the long run.

Sephora in Woodland mall, Woodlands, Texas is having a transgendered class August 5 at 10:00 am, not sure if any openings still available. Marshalynn

I recently posted in a different thread about a Sephora transgender makeup class six people attended two days ago (Sunday). It started an hour before the store opened. Three employees went around the table with a machine to color match skin to product. They also asked if we prefer "he" or "she". We spent considerable time cleaning and moisturizing before applying foundation, etc.

No problem staying after for more advanced coaching either. I took advantage and we did some contouring and bronzing. Our group of strangers started out quiet but eventually we were talking about where we were from and sharing pictures on our phones. Everyone had a great time and got a generous gift bag on the way out.

I wish I were even remotely close. This sounds like a great experience!
    Lovin life!

Silver Member
    Casey, check the website for the closest Sephora's Salon to you, and see what it might offer. The Pennys and other franchise operations do NOT offer this wonderful service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Sooooo, you girls watch for my next announcement.
    Please keep us updated with this Jenny!