Thread: music muse

music muse

i’ve been making my own music (writing , playing, editing/mixing) for 3 years now and other people i know have noticed that my latest music is more emotionally affecting than before . maybe dressing has allowed me to express more through music as well. i never would’ve thought about that. any other music creators here?

Interesting. I had the opposite reaction. I have a house full of instruments, all of which I can play moderately well, but I stopped playing after I came out full time. I'm thinking that the music was allowing me to express myself while I was in hiding. Now that I'm out, I can express without it. I still pick something up and play around the holidays to entertain folks, but no more staying up to 3 AM noodling on an instrument to find that "right" line.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

oh i see . i guess that’s a different perspective for sure .i was able to express myself a little bit through music before but it feels easier lately for me. or to settle down and make more calmin mood music

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

i definitely know about staying up super late working on material . often my most fruitful times. i play guitar, bass drums and keyboard but lately more keyboard with MIDI sounds to create filmscore music (amateur) but fun .

i definitely know about staying up super late working on material . often my most fruitful times. i play guitar, bass drums and keyboard but lately more keyboard with MIDI sounds to create filmscore music (amateur) but fun .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been making music and playing guitar for a long time.
    52 years to be exact I find it a relaxing endeavor.
    I do some studio work for a friend if he needs guitar track overdubs.
    Mostly I do intros and outros for a couple of friends that write songs.
    Don't actively play in a band anymore but do guitar tech and roadie work for a few bands when they need it

Even as an avid listener of music, over the years the same tune affects me differently and with greater emotion than it would have years ago.

Eg. Years ago songs about girls and relationships had an effect on me, now days historical and topical songs have more effect.

Then, Kelly, Leah and Carnival is over.

Today, Lola, Tar and cement and I don't just want to be your friend.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I stopped writing music long before I started dressing, but I know that we write about what we know and what emotions are shaping our lifes. Keep writing what you feel if you still enjoy it. It is your music, about your life or those things that move you.

thanks i sure will Alice! it’s just so fulfilling making music . and listening as well. i’m a beatle holic right now love them. lol

I play guitar, I write songs, and I sing, music is my number one favorite thing I'm a huge music fan as well, I'm always listening to something. Listening to music has helped me get through so many difficult times that it's become something of a safe space for me. It certainly feels a lot cooler to be a crossdresser knowing that some of my heroes did the same thing (David Bowie, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, the New York Dolls, even the Rolling Stones) It's been a while since I've played any shows, but when I get back into doing that, I'd feel very comfortable with performing my songs while presenting as a female. As far as songwriting goes, I've found that now that I've become a more feminine person, I've allowed myself to express myself a bit more emotionally as well. I certainly feel extremely vulnerable a great deal of the time and playing music really lets me unwind and be myself

Banned Spammer
    You are a Beatles fan !! I think that is awesome.
    I saw them live in 1965 when I was 13 years old.
    I still have a ton of memorabilia for the Beatles,Dave Clark 5, Paul Revere and the Raiders.
    I saw Jimi Hendrix live too in 1968 which changed my life.
    1970 I saw Black Sabbath on their first US tour and I have been a metal head ever since.
    I have been to 100s of shows and still go and see local bands quite frequently.

Whoa, you saw the Beatles Tracii G?! How was that? I am a die-hard Beatles fan, I saw Yellow Submarine last night at a local theater and it was amazing! I can't believe you've seen Hendrix too! That's incredible, I can't even imagine how amazing that must have been

Banned Spammer
    The Beatles show was a scream fest. All the girls screaming almost drowned out the Beatles they were so loud.
    It was an amazing show and I was very fortunate to see them.
    My best friend begged his parents to take us and they did.
    Hendrix was so incredible my friend and I were third row back to the left of the stage where Jimi was so we were maybe 15 feet away.
    The 60s and 70s were an amazing time to be a kid and into music.

wow Tracii ! that is still too cool. i actually only been to one concert in my life (bad religion) i really need to go to some more concerts 😄. yea i did read that the beatles concerts got too crazy with screaming and that partially started the studio years for them. rubber soul is currently my fav album btw, besides Carole King Tapestry . also loving talking heads, can, pink floyd lately. i do like current music too although (florence+the machine and father john misty). us music lovers have a lot to enjoy 😊

also interesting point stephaniestilley 😯. that’s cool to think about now that a lot of artists did cross dress through the years. i was on a bowie kick a couple years back and also liked BlackStar although a sad album.

Banned Spammer
    I have worked on some melodic metal stuff for the last few years but the guy I was working on it with bailed out because of family issues. He owned the studio so not much I can do about it.
    As far as local live music by all means support your local bands by going to shows at clubs and outside venues.
    Buy their merchandise like t shirts and CDs that helps them out a lot.
    Some of the best bands are local bands and play their butts off every weekend for the love of the music. They aren't getting rich doing it.Some clubs don't even pay the bands so the band fronts the cost of doing the show.
    There are so many bands you never heard of out there doing small tours that play circles around some of the more famous bands.
    I have been all over the country touring as a roadie and guitar tech and have seen some killer shows by bands that get little radio airplay but they pack a club and people have a great time.
    Check out these bands and artists if you get a chance most I have done shows with.
    OC 45.
    Rocket From The Tombs.( punk band from the 70s) still playing too and kick ass.
    The Down Fi.
    The Transmissions.
    Mass Driver.
    The Jereactors.
    Cadecus.
    Deezen.
    Juke Joint Revival.
    Rust and Bones.
    Ky Ugly.
    Poetry Of The Dead.
    Wilde Starr.
    Sinful Lilly.
    There is a ton of others I just can't think of off off hand.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-25-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney_29 View Post
    my latest music is more emotionally affecting than before
    That is awesome!

The best music strikes a chord with the listener on an emotional and/or personal level. Mainstream listeners never hear most of it. Forgettable party and dance music is what computer science tells us we want to hear on the radio. Attractive people delivering it? Even better. And, whether real or not, we perceive a correlation between fame and talent. Sad...

“Without music, life would be a mistake” –Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned Spammer
    Here is a guy you should see if you get a chance Eric Gales.
    He can play most anything but loves doing Hendrix stuff.
    Great guy too and totally cool.
    Whats cool is he is left handed like Hendrix and the guitar is strung for a right handed player just like Hendrix did.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-25-2018 at 11:05 PM.

thanks for all the recommendations Tracii, i do love some underground bands and artists as well especially in the indie/alternative genre. you must have a lot of memories/stories of tour life, sounds fun. eric gales almost seems like hendrix reincarnated lol

Banned Spammer
    Eric is so talented and he has a gift but whats cool is he is very thankful for it unlike some players.
    Ric Jazz is another great player I met him at a Buddy Guy show(he is Buddy Guy's guitar player) super nice guy and quite talented.
    Life on the road isn't easy but the shows while they are hard work are a blast.

I haven't written any music for quite a while. I took an online songwriting class a few years ago that was mostly a lyric writing class. I started using MIDI about 25 years ago for recording my originals but mostly to put together backing tracks for my solo gig. Been a Digital Performer user for some time now.

About 15 years ago, I went through a phase of composing instrumentals and recently got my 7 piece band to play a couple of them. I can't describe how much joy that brought to me!

I don't see CDing being related to my love for music. They're two different parts of my life with music being the most important of the two.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I used to play in a band some but life got in the way and after marriage and kids playing went by the wayside. My style is more bluegrass and country. We did local gigs and nearby towns because we all but one member had families, and worked other jobs. Have a notebook full of unfinished songs and I still love picking but life gets in the way of practice and my heart is not in it as much anymore.
    My dressing I don't think has ever caused me to express myself more because of the type of music but it has made me feel more deeply about our and others plights in life.