Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the public CD'ers...

Don't know. Don't care.

I might kind-of like it if it happened though.

All the time, but I know it is going to happen... So you need to make the decision right off the bat, it comes with the territory... For example, imagine if you bought a dog and complained about picking up it's poop.
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well I can say confidently with 100% certainty, that I don’t know of anyone filming or photographing me without my knowledge.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Not that I know of. The exhibitionist in me would enjoy it tho
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Oh, I guess I forgot to answer my own question.

These days, I have no idea. Not that I'm aware of, anyway. But I'm sure it's always a possibility. Just a dude in women's leggings & a hoodie, nothing that special. Though I do get some looks of all kinds, heh.

Back in my en-femme days? Without a doubt. At least one instance that I later found out, I was at a drag night at a gay club with a few friends. There was a drag competition going on (no, I didn't enter!), so there were some photographers taking pics of the contestants as they performed. Figured nothing of it.

A few days later, I said what the heck, might as well check the club's website to see some snapshots from that night. Lo & behold, I see that they had included some of the crowd as part of some of those pics! And there was little ol' me, sitting on a stool at a counter, front & center, sipping my drink, watching the show.

I was in a couple of those pics, and I was quite prominent. Actually looked pretty cute, too!

At first I was like, OMG! But after the initial surprise, I thought it was kinda cool. Besides, not that it really mattered either way, but I was pretty unrecognizable while all dolled-up.

As an aside, a couple years ago I went looking for those pics, as I would have saved copies for myself... Sadly, the club had closed a while back, and their site no longer existed.

But anyway... Certainly something to be mindful of, perhaps in a case where someone you don't particularly get along with would want to "out" you with "evidence" to mutual friends or whoever who may not know this side of you. Cuz I could certainly see that happening.

As for perfect strangers, I wonder what they might do with or say about those pics/videos afterwards.

Have attended many events where the event had a photographer taking shots for use by the event.

I have had candid.shots taken by a local newspaper while at events. That were published.

I've had people come and request to get a photo. Some even had me sign a release.

I've noticed several taking photos with their cellphones without permission.

It actually turns out better to get the candid shots, if I don't notice the camera. Once I see the camera I start to pose.

I'm tall, and in heels taller.
    I want a believable illusion and photo evidence, revealed later allows me to critique myself and determine areas for improvement.

Cellphones are currently apart of every day life.
    If you don't want your picture taken...
    - Don't go out while en femme.
    - Keep your doors closed and locked at all times.
    - Keep your windows covered.
    - Live in fear of being seen
    And it just goes downhill from there...

Forgive me, I'm not trying to turn a mountain into a mole hill, or belittle or make fun of those people who live with that mountain. I have my areas of social anxiety; concerns about what other people think of me and the way I am presenting. It can be crippling.

I love positive encouragement while out. It helps to reduce my anxiety.

Ultimately, if you're going out, expect it to happen.
    Known, unknown, with permission or without.
    Own it, regardless of attire.
    Be you, and enjoy life.
    ------------------
    Height: 6' 1.375"
    Weight: 178 lbs approx.
    Bust: 40.25", Band: 36", Waist: 34", Hips: 40", Inseam: 36"

Last halloween I went out with my wife's dorthy costume at an event in the mall. A few people asked to take a picture with me and I denied, and we saw several people sneaking pictures of me.

I have no doubt I have been caught on various security cameras and films, I think/hope that I am camouflaged though..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Why is that? Were you committing a crime?

Often filmed in public, by security cameras, covert filming in public has probably occured and one I did catch out I walked up behind her friend and made rabbits ears above her head as I went behind.

I did say hello dear to her in a deep voice as I went by.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Almost every time I go to Wally World. 90% of the time, they try to be sneaky about it. Sometimes they ask, if they can take one or one with me. I have never checked the WW site for pics but I feel confident I am in there.

It goes with the. territory especially since I make no attempt to "pass".

I’m sure I’ve been caught on security camera footage in parking lots, strip malls, etc. but I was just walking around. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    I was at a gas station filling my car wearing heels and girl jeans; the heels were clearly visible when this guy walked by and then out of sight. He then stuck his head between the pumps and grinning said how would you like to be on face book. If he was closer to me and I hadn't been in heels he would have lost his phone. He didn't snap a pic.

I also wonder when I go to WalMart, ever see People Of WalMart on line. Best defense here is to dress to blend just like Traci said.
    People of Walmart is probably the best reason anyone could cite if they were urging a CD friend to make her first foray out in public. No matter how bad you think you look, you can always find someone who makes you look like Liv Tyler on the Walmart site. 3354.jpg