Thread: Shopping Like A Woman

Banned Read only

Shopping Like A Woman

Went shopping, just had to stop in the lingerie department in Macy's, couldn't pass it by, after looking at panties I went over and started looking at and feeling the bra's when a sixty something woman came around the corner and blocked the direction I was going. I backed up and went around the clothes rack and she again walked in front of me. Realizing what she had done she said excuse me hope you find your size. Little did she know what she blurted out was truer than she knew. I took no offense, liked what she said. If she had checked me out further she would have seen I was wearing women's sandles, mid thigh girl shorts and girl T shirt and my black bikini panties were hidden.

Went to another store, picked up some girl shorts and asked the SA to open the trying on room. She first looked at the shorts and said oh, they are women's shorts, must be for your wife, then realized they were for me and I was about to try them on. No problem on her part or mine. They fit very nicely over the black panties and of course I just had to buy them.

Another thing I noticed at the busy mall, young men are wearing their hair pulled together in a pony tail or bun on top of their head.....just like a woman, this is something new, have they crossed the gender line to girly?....Are they crossdressing????? Let's hope girl clothes are next.

Man buns are so five years ago. I look forward to them making a permanent exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I look forward to them making a permanent exit.
    Tracy, it can't be soon enough.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife and I were in an upscale second hand store in an up scale town , La Jolla CA. There were only two rooms and several people standing in line. A SA was directing traffic as it were. My wife had already been in once, and the second time she had some other things to try on, I also had some things to try on. A couple bloused and a jean skirt, after my wife went in, I was next, the SA told me my wife was in the other room. I said I knew and these were for me. She was quite surprised but let me in. I told her nothing fit as I left the room and handed her the clothes. I did not care what she thought,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tracy is right man buns have been popular for at least 7 years so Deebra I guess you just haven't been paying attention or are behind the times.
    They are on their way out of style which is fine by me.
    I wore a man bun way back in the 70s so guys have been doing it for a very long time.

Deebra, sounds like that was a missed opportunity to make the event a teaching moment for the rude woman.

I've noticed a returned effort of the man buns on top also. Even saw a cowboy wearing one in a pony tail and riding bareback horses in a rodeo. That's unusual but I wouldn't call it CD'ng. Especially to this bronc rider he looked very well built and might have taken it wrong.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    If you weren't fully dressed you possibly gave them a confusing message , I'm sure I might have thought the same thing , I don't have a problem when fully dressed but I still take care not to block GGs shopping .

Deebra,
    If you were fully* dressed, you possibly gave them a confusing message. Is that a boy? Is that a girl? They now need to take time to figure it all out.

Simply crossdressing is pretty straight forward. Nothing to figure out when you see a man in women's clothing and that is exactly what I read in your post as you made no mention of trying to pass as a woman.

Glad you found some shorts!

*(crossdressing and then adding a wig and makeup, maybe more)

Banned Read only
    Tracy,
    Deebra was talking about the outside World and interaction with them , I know exactly what it's like, if you choose to go out in mixed mode you will get mixed messages back, to me that was the message being put across . I wasn't being critical of Deebra's appearance I'm just saying how the people around would react being in that situation . I've had a similiar reaction sometimes when I use to shop in drab while looking through the female racks. One lady made it very clear I should be looking in the male section for a jacket after I commented on the choice of women's items . It's not important if it's a problem to us here but it may be a problem to people we meet in the street . I'm afraid some women especially don't always want to shop when standing next to someone who to them is a little weird .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-29-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Deebra,
    You go right ahead and be a crossdresser, wear whatever you want. It is not your job to pretend to be a woman by adding makeup and a wig just to make other customers comfortable.

When I first started crossdressing in public I asked many managers and store owners about this very topic. Their responses were all the same. If someone vocalized a problem shopping in the same store with me, the problem is theirs and they would be asked to leave.

It makes sense. I don't make waves, am friendly, considerate, and spend money.

Banned Read only
    The bras were hanging on a wall and the woman walked around it, as she continued to walk forward looking backwards when she finally turned her head around and saw my face and that I was standing in front of the bras. She kept walking and I am very sure she didn't check out what I was wearing. If she had and said anything else I would have loved the opportunity to tell her how I love wearing women's clothes. I am not insecure about wearing women's clothes, I dress to blend and feel I do. I observe people I pass to see if there are any bad reactions, so far none so I feel I blend right in with the masses. Must say it feels really good shopping and blending fully dressed in girl clothes. I love feeling feminine like a woman and dressed from the skin out in female clothing does that for me. Would love to wear my D forms under a T but that would sink the ship, like taking a torpedo right up the stern tubes.

Even with a wig and makeup I wouldn't pass so this is as far as I can take it. Maybe in 50 years when cosmetic surgery can fix this problem.

Banned Read only
    Deebra ,
    I understand what you're saying , it's easier for some of us than others . The one comment I will pick up on you saying, you observe people to see if there is a reaction, that maybe where our difference lays . I'm fully dressed and made up with wig , I feel so comfortable that way I don't even check to see if I have had a reaction , I now believe if you don't go looking for one you probably won't get one .

The great thing is you feel free enough to be out there enjoying being you however that is , maybe I've been very lucky that I haven't had a single bad word spoken or a WTF reaction in fact it's been very much the other way , I've had other shoppers telling me how well something would suit me and I should buy it . I honestly did think I would never get to this situation .

Some women shopping seem oblivious to their surroundings, lol. Happens to me all the time. They will block other people’s way with shopping carts, whack others with their giant purses (not intentional) stand in the way of someone trying to get through a narrow space, stop in the middle of the walking traffic area to text or call, the list goes on!! I think some people don’t know the rule of physics, the one where two bodies can’t occupy the same space. So yes, Deebra, you were shopping like a woman. 😄. I doubt very much that she even noticed what you were wearing.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-29-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I get such a kick out of your headings, Deebra! They're like those in the National Inquirer!

I wonder how many women out shopping worry about being considered a male by those who see them!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I was going to shop for short shorts at Savers. Until I realized they were having a 50% off sale on kids clothing. As I'm small enough to fit in kids clothing, I abandoned that thought and spent all my clothes shopping energy in the kid's section!
    I also found some vintage tableware glasses that matched the decor scheme of my kitchen/dining room. Old stuff is often sized more reasonably for a small person.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-29-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Shopping for makeup with the wife the other day, most just do what they are going to do. Had a woman walking aroud while my wife was looking at things. Happened to notice her, but I just looked at something, and as soon as I put it down, the other lady seen it and picked it up seconds later. Same one on a separate special display for something new even though there was a whole rack of them all the same. It seemed a bit odd to me, maybe just a coincidence

Pretty in Pink

Silver Member
    Tracy Irving said everything that needs to be said. We never need to explain ourselves or apologize for who we are or for shopping for feminine clothing. It is we, as individuals, who need to get used to that way of thinking and just get out there and shop. And most of us do, on a schedule of our own choosing, as our comfort level allows. But I want everyone to remember that the sales staff is on OUR side, believe it or not.

Teresa, I'm with you. Over the last few years, I have received so much expert coaching and affirmation that I KNOW I look my best whenever I take even a minimal amount of time and care to assemble the day's outfit. So, even though I don't pass as a woman, I am confident that I am dressed tastefully, age appropriately and presentably. With that, the muggles can think whatever they like and it dhas no effect on me.
    Last edited by suzanne; 07-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.