Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question! Do you Love to Cross-dressing or feel it's an affliction?

I like how I feel when I'm dressed. I feel relaxed and comfortable with myself. There is a feminine side of me that needs to be expressed. It is not an affliction because I enjoy it.

For me, it's not an affliction, condition, neuroses, defect, oddity...none of that.

It's just how I am, and that's the way it is.

I'm really quite happy I introduced my dress-wearing side to my wife of 20+ years, and she didn't freak out about it.

hello,
    for me I think the shame is waning - I love dressing up in private
    luv J

As for me, I love dressing, It makes me feel good. It satisfies the part of me that wants to be a woman. I have a very supportive wife and she likes me expressing my feminine side. That is now. When I first started dressing in my early teens for me it was like an affliction.When I started it was the 70's when you had no easy way of finding out why you were attracted to wearing women's clothing, I took me many years to figure myself out. The age of the internet really helped me to accept myself and just enjoy dressing. That's when I started loving dressing.

I adore being en femme! I feel so "right", somehow! I love being Roxanne, sweet, caring and so very feminine. It makes me feel ever so complete, and at ease with life!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As several people have said, it just feels right. I'm fully dressed right now and could happily stay like this for a week or more. I could stop if I wanted to but I can't imagine that ever happening.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    It is an affliction suffered by society. It is born of ignorance and religious prejudice.
    Okay, so you've got a passionate & vocal segment of a population, telling another passionate & vocal segment of a population that they're wrong & need to change.

And then, at the same time, you've got the second group telling the 1st group that *they're* wrong & need to change.

Yeah, good luck with all that...

BTW, whatever happened to promoting diversity, as well as tolerance & acceptance of *everyone*?

Anyway, I've always been fond of this quote...

"Choose your enemies carefully, for you will become like them."

Love to dress? no more of a desire to emulate , to acheive a look as close as is possible, I have been "clocked" a couple of times but nothing happened I did not feel intimidated or upset and in any case the moment soon passes. It certainly is not an affliction for me more of a way of life most of the time.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    Okay, so you've got a passionate & vocal segment of a population, telling another passionate & vocal segment of a population that they're wrong & need to change.

And then, at the same time, you've got the second group telling the 1st group that *they're* wrong & need to change.

Yeah, good luck with all that...

BTW, whatever happened to promoting diversity, as well as tolerance & acceptance of *everyone*?
    Oh, puh-leeze. Every time I hear that false equivalence I want to scream. It is not, in no way, shape or form, "intolerant" to refuse to accept intolerance. So let's get clear on the terms. Tolerance means (by one common definition), a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions, beliefs, and practices that differ from one's own. I tolerate opinions, beliefs, and practices that differ from mine. I do not tolerate, no one should ever tolerate, actions that impinge on my beliefs and practices. In other words, your liberty stops where it begins to negatively affect others, and so does mine. So yeah, any group that doesn't get that needs to change, because they are ...intolerant.

Note that I have not named any political party or portion of the social/cultural spectrum. That's because it does not matter which "side" you're on. If you refuse to grant "the other" the same rights you claim for yourself, you're still wrong.

Bringing this back around to the subject, I can live with other people thinking I'm a dangerous degenerate. I'm not. They're wrong. We disagree. No problem. I absolutely refuse, however, to allow that "side" to do all the destructive things they do because of their fear and ignorance. No. You do not get to make laws that deny me anything any other citizen is entitled to. No. You do not get to bully the sissy, or the tomboy. And I will be damned if I will be called intolerant for saying so.

What Kelly said.

Thumbs up

I believe I could remain Roxanne for months and months! I truly enjoy being a girl, in my heart and soul!

I never look on the negative side, I just LOVE what I have done for years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tbh, I feel its both sometimes. Other times one or the other.

Part of me knows that things would be easier if i wasn't this way. The other tells me that it hasn't stopped me in regards to other things such as my love of videogames, cartoons/anime etc back when I was growing up. Love what you love and dont let people stop you and all that jazz.

Part of me tells myself that I'm a degenerate fetishist, the other tells me that this is a part of how I feel whole and express myself sometimes, and which one I feel better about seems to flip every other month or so...

I guess the problem is I am looking for a clearcut answer where there just might not be one...

When I dress initially get a sexual response to it, which has to be hidden in some skirts and dresses. But after that, I feel very comfortable while dressed and enjoy every minute of it. So I guess the first part is an affliction, the latter part I love.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    It is not an affliction. It is a pleasure. I totally love the clothes and how they feel and make me feel. The delight in purchasing new items never fades
    I agree with Georgina.
    NEVER felt any shame in something I have thoroughly enjoyed since 5 years old.

playing dressup.jpg

To much joy in emulating women that inspire us

I think it is an affliction I love, just part of me

Giselle, Totally agree with you . I wish it would not be in every thought. I cannot function in a healthy way, with it in allo my thoughts, cannot concentrate on important matters, or details. I would take the blue pill right now if there was one, to free my mind.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It is healthy for all of us, if we can just agree to disagree peacefully, and realize we are all products of our heredity, and environments and upbringing, and many other things. We are complex creatures, and sometimes change.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

ellbee. Love the kitten avatar! I agree. We all need to be able to disagree agreeably, or there will be no peace.

Thanks, Alice.

I'm glad you posted. I was going to respond to Aunt Kelly, but after reading your words, I've decided not to.

I will say, however, that both sides do sometimes spew some serious garbage. It can be juvenile, disrespectful, pathetic, and even disgusting. And a whole bunch of other words.

They certainly won't be winning over many hearts & minds this way.

Fortunately, I believe a large swath of the population is somewhere in the middle of all this, at neither extreme. And they'll probably be staying put, taking things on a case-by-case basis, probably rightfully so.

Aspiring Member
    For many years (perhaps decades), I did not understand my need to wear women's clothing - it was an enigma to me. Yes there was quilt, shame, etc. at times, but the desire never went away over the years. After I came to terms with my gender identity, wearing women's clothing is a part of me, no affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    We all need to be able to disagree agreeably, or there will be no peace.
    That is a noble ideal. I support it completely. Alas, the reality is that some feel compelled to force their beliefs on others. For purposes of illustration, let's confine the discussion to our lot, the transgendered. I'll use just one case, one familiar to many here, as an example. How is the treatment received by Kai Shappley in any way, "peaceful" or "agreeable"? How is it "intolerant" to call those who perpetrate such injustice ignorant and intolerant?
    Caution: Before you reply with an indignant assertion that "It's not ignorance. It's their deeply held beliefs", know that I am not questioning their beliefs. They can believe anything they want. It's their actions, and in many cases, inaction, that I refuse to "tolerate".
    Now, again, tell me how it is that we should all just "disagree agreeably"?
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 08-05-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Aunt Kelly has struck a very powerful chord and one I concur with.

Ultimately I agree that the affliction is cultural and societal. If tomorrow cross dressing was deemed completely normal and accepted I would imagine that the feeling that it is an "affliction" to be carried by the self would
    disappear for most.

To take it a step further look at Two Spirit's in Native American culture. There was a time when the world wasn’t simply divided into male and female and many Native American cultures held places of honor for people of
    integrated genders.

Can you imagine feeling you were gifted and should be held in a place of honor?

As of now we are a strictly binary culture that is intolerant of nuance. I suspect that is slowly changing and you can see it slowly evolving in our society with greater awareness and slow acceptance of the greater LGBTQ
    community. But clearly there is still a long way to go.

For me it took almost 50 years to not only come to a place of acceptance of myself but to realize that it is a gift. Truly, for me it is a remarkable experience.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

I know how you feel all my life I have had the guilt and shame .I often think what kind of man would I have been if not for me wanting to dress as a girl.im 60 now I don't think ill ever stop .but it dose wear on you I feel like is this all there is when im dressed I read all the comments on here and some I agree with others I don't .I just want to be happy be myself with out guilt or shame its so hard just hang in there . don't give up on life just try to enjoy when you do dress its part of us all we cant change even if we wanted to believe me I have tried a lot thru my life I have come to see its part of who I am and that's that .

Arrow

I do not believe in a binary culture! Roxanne lives in my heart, and one day, she will come outside forever! But, at times, she is ever so lonely.

It's an affliction that I love.
    Second
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Alas, the reality is that some feel compelled to force their beliefs on others.
    Oh, I'd say for a fact that that's how *both* sides feel.

Anyway... Kelly, please understand that no one here is "going against you" or anything.

And I can only speak for myself on this, but where I'm coming from, is that a part of me is able to intentionally distance myself from all this, so I can reasonably attempt to observe & analyze things from a big-picture perspective, as objectively as I can, on a psychological & sociological level.

I assure you, I have seen & heard a lot over the years. Sometimes, I really wish I hadn't. And that goes for *both* camps.

Perhaps someday this will all settle down. But I ain't gonna hold my breath on that, either, LOL.