Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No dodging the postman this time !

Banned Read only

No dodging the postman this time !

As many of you know I'm pretty much out to many people now but since I moved into my new home in February I haven't bumped into my postman dressed , he's a nice guy and always has a few minutes talking to my dog when in drab . This morning I was just off down my path dressed to the car when he was walking up the pavement , I simply said, " Good morning David , we finally get to meet !" He said , " No problem as long as you're happy !" so I replied , " Very happy thanks !" and that was it . I'm surprised we haven't bumped into each in these circumstances before , I knew it wouldn't be a big deal when we did but it still feels good to be so open with people , no ducking and diving anymore .

I keep these little stories updated just to give that little push to others who may have doubts about being out and what people think .

WOW, that is great! Thank you for sharing.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Sounds like that went well, if I moved to a new place and didn't have an established history and knew so many people I could see myself doing that, maybe LOL.

awesome Teresa! it is something i thought about when i move into my own place eventually. how it would go if leave the home in dress after people know me in normal drab.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know your postman!?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-30-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    he's a nice guy and always has a few minutes talking to my dog when in drab .
    Wonder if it was the postman or the dog in drab, lol.

Nice story, Teresa.

Banned Read only
    Tracy ,
    We've missed that point on the forum , are dogs CDers ? well they wear the same coat !

The other plus pont is if he delivers damaged parcels and can see the contents at least he'll know the items have are being delivered to right address . I hope he doesn't start taking a peep and takes a fancy to my underwear !

You know--I think the public in general are a little more aware these days. Crossdressers exist. Whoops--I just had to add that word to my personal spelling dictionary.
    Maybe it is the effect of the internet. Maybe it just happens--because a few transgenders have come out publicly. A few movies and TV shows. A few of us have appeared in a few minor roles in ordinary TV shows.

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    Unless my full title is written on a letter the postman will never know what I am for certain ! Heck I've never had letters after my name maybe I can start now .

If I'm asked what university I went to goodnes I could give a really good BS answer and they'd believe me .

It’s great to know your postman is accepting but wouldn’t it be great if he was a CD himself? My mind is wandering and fantasizing ....

Banned Read only
    Richelle,
    We may never know but we know we are far from alone .

The postmen may have already known about me because I tend to forget about my nail polish , on one occasion I was wearing electric blue and nipped up the their delivery van to save their legs , a young post girl gave me an OH , Nice colour !

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I hope he doesn't start taking a peep and takes a fancy to my underwear !
    Why do these thoughts even enter your mind?

Milkman (maybe gone now), postman, and these days delivery men, all see and know your secrets. In my experience they are always polite and sometimes complimentary.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I was postie for 16 years,my postman is an ex colleague and my 2 cousins still work with the Royal Mail,opening the door to the Postman would be an interesting introduction

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

So encouraging Teresa! Thanks for sharing.

Banned Read only
    Daisy,
    It's called humour , having some fun but there's an outside chance it could happen ! Why do you have to question everything in such a negative way ?

As I said a member reading this might realise the World doesn't end , the postman isn't going to stack my post at my front door and set light to it !

Teresa, I don't know about the UK, but in the US dogs and postal workers are mortal enemies, how does he talk o your dog. Anyhow, glad you made another step forward.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I hope he doesn't start taking a peep and takes a fancy to my underwear !
    Ha ha. Humor. I get it. You humans are so funny! 😁

maybe you should gift him a pair! 😁
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Teresa,

Your story highlights one of many little things that at some point must be addressed by anyone going full time. Yep dealing with delivery agents is one, door to door tradesmen offering to tarmac or jet wash your drive, suddenly having a washing line full of bras and knicker for the neighbours to see is another.

Okay I'm not full time but one day working from home and dressed I heard a noise from the front bedroom. Just about to walk in when I spotted the window cleaner up his ladder through the gap between the door and the frame. Close call but these are the things that happen. For you it can be nothing else but stay calm and carry on.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I simply said, " Good morning David , we finally get to meet !" He said , " No problem as long as you're happy !" so I replied , " Very happy thanks !" and that was it ..
    So,You showed him that you were a crossdresser. And,that is the thought he left with. Because that was the first time he saw you that way,the impact is totally different from a situation where he never had an interaction with you as male. This is the difference between living as a transperson and you getting selectively dressed up when you are going somewhere "safe". There is a big difference and perhaps your postman and neighbors know that but you don't realize that.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I appreciate you commenting on that difference , that being who is the postman going to tell in my case . These days of course most window cleaners don't use ladders but instead those extended hoses usually run thrrough a pump mounted in their van . Now instead of being seen, any clothes left on an airer near the window will be soaked if a window has been left open . I know from experinece this can happen but in my case I was in my art room , I usually set up near a window , I was happily painting away when I sprayed through an open window by the cleaner , OK it is three floors up and maybe he couldn't see the open window, just as well it wasn't the computer class goodness knows what damage could have been done .

Now I have to admit I haven't cleaned my windows around my bungalow outside yet dressed but I have from the inside .

Rogina,
    I don't always know the outings are safe , I just go and do my jobs now . You know fully well I'm gradually getting there it's been a very short time since I separated from my wife and I said at the time there will be occasions when I can't dress , even TSs still have this problem as you can see when you browse their section .
    For instance my mother has asked me to take her for a hospital appointment next month , she knows about my dressing now but has made it clear she prefers to see the son she gave birth to , I'm not so insensitive to upset an 88 year old lady are you ?

If you call some my outings safe so far then you've missed something . Only last week I met my art group dressed , before that I went with three others to give a talk on being TG to a full lecture theatre full of NHS delegates , I spoke for ten minutes without notes, all three of us were dressed . I went to my blood donation centre dressed , my new GP only knows me as Teresa as does my estate agent and letting agent . I wouldn't call that playing safe I would say it's pushing the envelope ! To my new town I'm almost 100% Teresa .

Please try and be more considerate to members who are struggling with coming out issues , as I said I post these little stories to give encouragement to others . I really don't find your's or Daisy's replies are going to help anyone , I could say much more on this subject but will respect other members .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-31-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Please try and be more considerate to members who are struggling with coming out issues , as I said I post these little stories to give encouragement to others . I really don't find your's or Daisy's replies are going to help anyone , I could say much more on this subject but will respect other members .

Teresa,

First let me say that I am amazed at how far you've come in your journey. What I'm about to say is not meant to be negative or disrespectful to you in any way. What I see is that you are well on your way to coming out to the world, however reading your postings and accepting what you say, you are coming out to the world as a cross dresser, not as a trans woman.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being a cross dresser, if that's what you are great, if you're something else/more that's great also (only you can say what you are). You say that Rogina and Daisy make comments that aren't going to help anyone. What you seem to forget/ignore/not understand is that coming out as a cross dresser, even if it is almost full time, is not the same as coming out as a trans woman. From what I'm reading in their posts it seems that this is something they are trying to ensure that others realize. You've made comments that there are times you still present as male because you are sensitive to the feelings of others, or that it is more appropriate for the occasion. You've made comments that you use clothes to identify which group label you identify with. These types of comments seem to be more in the lines of a cross dressers thinking than that of a trans woman. I'm not saying that what you're doing is easy or lessens what you are doing. What I am saying is that you have a safety net to fall back on, where as I and other trans women don't. My life is 100%, that includes things like going to work every day, dealing with the public (good and bad) every day, shopping, and even as far as going to court as a witness in court cases.

What I'm trying to say, and I think Daisy and Rogina, are also trying to point out is that while there are things that are similar between coming out as a cross dresser and a trans woman, there are also differences, drastic differences, and people need to be aware of that. The last thing anyone wants is to see someone make a mistake because with their life because they have incomplete, or inaccurate information.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I respect you for how far you've come on your journey, and I hope you don't take this as being negative about you or your path.

Oh dear, we are now entering "are you authentic" territory.
    Teresa is trying to live her life in a way that she finds comfortable and acceptable. She has a strong and deep desire to present as a woman for most of the time but she has lived a significant part of her life as a male and she still has to deal with a number of emotionally complex relationships such as the one she mentioned with her mother. She is navigating all of this as best she can and with a great sense of humor and, to our great pleasure, she shares much of this with us. I find it interesting and very entertaining and I am always feeling very supportive of what she is doing.
    Others here have a very different sense of what they are. Some feel very deeply that they feel like and want to live as authentically as possible as a female. I understand that they feel that way and support all they do. I appreciate reading their stories also.
    We are a "broad church" with many members who differ in innumerable ways but all share a common desire to be feminine to some degree or other and for varying amounts of our lives. Why we feel this way si still a mystery with just a few glimmers of understanding but in the meantime we all are in the same boat but not necessarily the same.

Indeed Teresa may not meet some definitions of what it is to be transgender but does it matter. She still appreciates and supports those of us who have a different flavor of TV/TG. From what I have read she fully supports those who feel the need to be fully transgendered and live their lives fully as a female. I don't see the descriptions of her evolving new life as disrespecting any other members here.

She is what she is and I enjoy her frank descriptions of what she does and how she feels.
    Last edited by CONSUELO; 07-31-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: missing sentence

It's probably important to note that Teresa made a specific choice to open this thread on the Crossdressing forum.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    I'm not going to disagree with your assessment, I've only been able to dress as I choose since Febraury , to be married for 44 years and then suddenly a life hanging event happens , I'm suddenly free to discover myself , and dress as I choose with obvious limitations because I still have responsibilities to uphold for my family , I will have to learn to ignore my wife, she chooses not to speak to me anymore or see me again , my mother has made it clear how she wishes to deal with it . Naturally there are issues clouding my decision of what I will do in the future . The important point is I'm happy with how my life is going does it really matter what label I put on that , I see it as I'm just being me for the first time in a very long time . Do I want or need 100% I can't say at the present time , it is proving easier than I thought, each day I feel more comfortable with my dressing but do I need to put myself under any pressure ? I certainly don't need it from certain members of the forum because they aren't in my real World and can't possibly know how my World works . I may explain a great deal but not all of it . What I have tried to explain to Rogina and to a point Daisy is their World isn't mine we are all different peresonalities and what works for one may not work for another . We shouldn't sugarcoat everything but there are ways of saying something without appearing to insult or be confrontational . As I also said I may add humour to many of my threads and replies but I know how much I need that otherwise I could risk sliding back to where I was twenty years ago . I'm frustrated that my wife never gave that a thought and I'm also disapointed that members here can't cut people a little slack when they know that background . I often think about that when talking to others here and in reality , sometimes you have to read between the lines to get the full picture , some people can't open up to tell you how desparate they are , so you have to consider that when giving a reply . Most of us here are in a sensitive situation , we are struggling with so many issues , I still have them to deal with and sometimes I need help . I wish everyone would consider these facts before wading in with their big boots on !

Consuelo,
    I thank you for those kind words , your attitude is what this forum should be about , we help each other but also have some fun , CDing does hjave a great deal of humour , lerts face it we do need to laugh at ourselves somtimes , we are a special group of people who aren't allowed to show that at times and yet we do no one any harm .