Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rewarding yourself in little ways

Rewarding yourself in little ways

I am just curious. Although my wife knows of my dressing, she seems to try to put up barriers most likely in the hope that it will go away.

So at times I get involved big time with various projects, often helping my grown children out on their home or the like, and I don’t get much time to indulge in dressing. Finally as the project winds down, I feel a bit kicked around and feel sorry for myself. The other day while running to do another task, I just buzzed into Ross and Marshall’s to check out their panties. I need more panties like a hole in my head, having about 150 plus pair(Hey I love them and wear 24/7). Sure enough a 3 pak of IZOD modern briefs had a top pair that were beige with pink dots. I had to have them and bought them immediately. I continued on to my project and later in the day put those panties on, throughly enjoying them. I have been working so hard for others that I felt very deserving of these beauties. Heck, only $9 for three beautiful pairs.

Have any of you had a similar reaction where you felt deprived in some way and thus deserved a “reward”?

Traci
    Last edited by Traci H; 07-31-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Platinum Member
    Yes! Yes! And, yes again! My wife spends a lot of money on fabric. One room is overflowing with stored fabric for future projects. She better out live me and die at 100 or our kids are going to need a truck to haul the stash off to Goodwill. I figure for putting up with her compulsive disorder I need a treat or two or three. I have a wonderful collection of full slips, but, the pickings on eBay are getting slim to none. So, it's now Vanity Fair panties in styles 15712 and 13001. That the panties I wear. I treat myself by buying all the new colors or vintage colors and prints that are no longer available at retail. Today, in fact, I am ordering three new colors. We both collect fabric, although, I do not have to sew to wear mine!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm divorced. So there is no one or nothing to stop me from submitting to Sherry's every whim and desire!

Sometimes I envy u girls who have to ration your purchases and have someone controlling your impulses!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Mostly the treats I give myself for good behavior involve chocolate or pizza.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I definitely do things as a reward type thing as well. But sometimes I still get the reward even if I didn't do what I originally planned on to earn the reward (especially tempting ones like new skirts). Skirts and pizza slices seem to be my preferred ones lately.

Pat, that is my problem! Mostly chocolate! Some times a rare clothing item that is "needed" ! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Well, it was my birthday recently and a week or so before I saw that Secrets in Lace had come out with their new Sophia daywear collection including a full slip, half slip, camisole, knickers and french knickers. I ordered everything. What a lot of fun wearing it. Not sure what I was rewarding other than another year added to my age but it was good.

Yes for sure and with it comes pleasure and peace of mind, if Iam feeling down as all of us must do from time to time i do treat myself, not extravigantly so that regret is felt later but a few pairs of panties from time to time lift my spirits no end without feeling the "Pink Fog" descending and totally rupturing my budget and financial constraints at the same time.
    rewarding from time to time is a good thing.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Well, it was my birthday recently and a week or so before I saw that Secrets in Lace had come out with their new Sophia daywear collection including a full slip, half slip, camisole, knickers and french knickers. I ordered everything. What a lot of fun wearing it. Not sure what I was rewarding other than another year added to my age but it was good.
    Consuelo, I especially feel the need to reward myself for a birthday. If I were to get some gift that Traci could wear or love that would be great, but it never happens. That SIL collection is to die for....quite the reward! I was thinking of rewarding myself with a pedicure or getting my ears pierced this year. Neither will go over well with the SO I suspect.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Yea, went into the grocery last nite for my wife, happened to buzz down the seasonal aisle and picked up some wedgie sandals that were on sale. I say seize the moment!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been a while since I bought another guitar but in the last few weeks I traded for two and bought one.

I have had days similar to yours. My kids are always calling me to come help with this or for advice on something about their auto. I usually end up going to their home if I I can't explain something over the phone. I have just always thought that what's parents do for their kids. I don't reward myself for helping them but sometimes I do just have to get dressed to relieve stress it seems. Usually now when the wife is at work I have more time to get my dressing fix in. I don't consider it a reward it's just that I need it and find it relaxing. When life gets stressful I usually dress more.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't actually need anything, but every now and then, if I see something that catches my eye and I have the money, why not? My only problem is the lack of space to store all my things. My wife loves shopping and often treats herself to 'something nice', so if she can, I can.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    So, it's now Vanity Fair panties in styles 15712 and 13001.
    Thanks Stephanie for the style numbers. It is confusing with so many different styles! I bought one of each.

I seem to reward myself a lot. I'm getting to the point where I have to get rid of something if I get something new, but my new stockings, tights and pantyhose don't seem to take up much room!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I have a similar problem. Anytime I am at a loss for having no girl time to dress I run to the nearest shopping mall to look for some nice panties or bra to make me feel feminine again.

Nope not me. I do look often but never buy anything I do not need. I have just no idea where all these extra bras and panties come from.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Traci, Everyone deserves a little time to themselves.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes. Because of low/inconsistent income i don't have much money to spend, so when there is a little extra money available i like to treat myself to a few fem clothes and increase my very limited wardrobe.
    I think it makes me appreciate it more than if i had money to spare.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

For sure. Almost every time I go to Amazon, the PF rolls in and I find myself in the women’s department. I, too, need more bras, panties or thigh highs like a hole in the head, but I seem to lose control and order. The sun coming up is enough reason to celebrate.

I can relate completely! After doing all of the things required by our born gender, to treat myself to something feminine always makes me feel better! It always feels good to go home and "slip into something more comfortable" after working hard. If I can't get out to the stores due to time constraints, an online purchase helps, even though it's not instant gratification. Sometimes after busting my hump all day, I only feel like putting on some mascara, but it still feels so good, so right!
    I LOVE BEING A CD!

Sometimes I will treat nyself to items on Amazon, like a new bra or additional forms. Since my wife does my books she wil see the purchases. But she just asks of I made them, NO additional comments

Aspiring Member
    What girl doesn't like to treat herself every now and then. I know I do

Wondered if anyone has tried buying on line and receive your items at a Amazon or Walmart locker? Most of my purchases are in cash, and to buy on line a credit card or gift card is needed. Still bothered by interacting with SA or cashiers, and the guilt that goes with it. Previously have had embarrassing moments with shoes,clothing, and hosiery. Enjoy a new item but dread the process to purchase it.

If I have been working hard for a period I always feel I deserve a reward. My treat would be a dress, skirt or shoes mainly.