Thread: Big Step At Work

Big Step At Work

I'm a truck driver. Most days, I just jockey trailers around at a paper mill. On my days off, however, I volunteer to take a load to Chicago, just for the extra money. Today was one of those days.

Normally, my work "uniform" consists of a t-shirt, shorts and work boots. Today, I opted to forego the shorts and just wear a skirt the whole day, along with a cute pair of jacket earrings. I decided that I'm tired of worrying what other people think or say about my fashion choices. I was delivering at a customer I'd never been to before, then picking up a load coming back to my area (a "backhaul" as it's known in the industry), also at a place I'd never been. The chance of being noticed by anyone I actually know was minimal for most of the day.

I was expecting some sort of comment from dock personnel or other drivers, but the only comment I got was from the security guard at the first delivery. He liked my earrings.

To make a long story short, I spent the entire day wearing a skirt. I walked in plain sight, opened and closed trailer doors, and did everything I would normally do. As with my previous movie adventure, nothing happened. Even at our yard, where I'm 100% other drivers saw and noticed, crickets.

I was so proud of myself that I stopped at Goodwill (yup, still in my skirt) on my way home and bought 5 more skirts. I think I need a 12-step program to break my shopping-for-girly-stuff addiction.

This all comes on the heels of my sister and her ex-husband seeing me in MIAD mode for the first time ever last Friday, and the ex-husband coming over to hang out for about 8 hours yesterday, offering to go shopping with me and even trying on a pair of heels I bought this week.

Needless to say, I'm riding pretty high at this point, and I wanted to share my elation with you all.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

That is an impressive story! What made you decide to give this a try today rather than some other day? I am thinking of the elation you must be experiencing!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Yowser! Not just a big step at work but in daily life. What a kick that your ex brother in law wanted to check out the heels and hang with you.

Such encouraging news for MIADs everywhere.
    We are all beautiful...!

Good for you. I love how you have found that people think nothing of it if you can dress with moderation. Keep it going.

Surprising that peoples reaction were muted to your miad presentation in the work place. The comfort level you experience is admiral as well. A GG doing the job you performed would rarely choose to wear a skirt. Presenting in male attire is completely acceptable for them. Love your attitude and fearless mode of perception.

That is a good story!

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post
    That is an impressive story! What made you decide to give this a try today rather than some other day? I am thinking of the elation you must be experiencing!

Sami
    I was emboldened by my experience at the movies, so I decided that I'd give it a whirl in another setting. As I mentioned, I was going to places I'd never gone to before, which means none of the people there would know me or probably ever see me again. When I got back to the yard, it was late afternoon. Most of the drivers who knew me when I was there Monday - Friday had already gone home. The few who were there didn't know me.

Funny aside: When I pulled the truck up to pull it into its stall at the yard, another driver walked right up and told me he was supposed to drive the very same truck as soon as I was done with it. He then proceeded to stand there waiting for me to get out. I had no choice, so I just grabbed my things, opened the door and climbed out (I hope he didn't look up my skirt!). He definitely noticed, but didn't say anything. He even wished me a good night as I was walking to my car.

All in all, a very positive experience.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

One great big step was taken today.

Good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.