Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD's, how can u be certain that's what u r!?

I enjoyed TG fiction on the Internet 25 years ago, and the pre-marriage gender discussion was about TG, not CD.
    But, even with advances in gender equality in society, there are obvious benefits to staying where I am.
    The most significant is health issues. My wife passed away due to health issues. I've also been taking very good care
    of myself for the past 20 years, so I look very good for anyone with salt/pepper hair. My skin looks very good because
    of that.
    I easily pass as female anyway, so why do anything risky
    Then there are the benefits of being a guy, such as the strength to maintain a very large flower garden. GGs often
    need help planting large bushes. With patience and cleverness, I can often do stuff bigger guys can't.
    It is also nice being able to get out of the house in 15 minutes, either to go to work, or, as I did this morning, see a movie
    and eat out afterwards,.

I've come to think that even though we say 'I am a crossdresser' it really doesn't describe a state of being.

I propose it is more accurate and useful to say "I crossdress because ….", or, …"as a way of experiencing …, or a way of communicating to others ….[fill in your own words here]"

We mostly all have concluded that the actual reasons why we got started on this path are lost in the mysteries of biopsychology, if they aren't simply explained by the obvious- women's clothing has lots of desirable physical attributes, and it is also highly symbolic, and a primary cultural messaging system.

It is direct and accurate to say " I am TS, or TG, and then we have to explain. I'm not even sure anymore if there is a clear line between TG and TS. But in any case, TG is still a broad term. I know I feel I am with my people when with others from the motley crew of TG. I don't wish I was female. I am a mirl- a male girl.

I am TG, therefore, and I crossdress bc I want all the physical pleasures of women's clothes, I want to enjoy the emotional freedoms and social privileges granted to women, and I want to message I am sexy in a feminine way. I am comfortable with a male body. I am gynephilic- I like being in relationship with women and not men. Typical TG/queer mashup.

Doc- you said you wanted real breasts- do you mean you wanted bigger breasts? I love my breasts, and I feel them as perfectly valid, sensitive, sexy, etc- despite being AA or less, and with more hair than most females find on their breasts.

Tell us how you went from that to 'knowing you were only a crossdresser'
    We are all beautiful...!

Q: How can u be certain that's what u r!?

A: I don't try to look like a woman at all, I just like to wear the clothing & use feminine products.
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am still not certain of what eye yam! :-)

Ask me in another ten years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Personally just like to dress occasionally. Just a crossdresser. Absolutely no desire to go further.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I think the bottom line is, you truly have to know yourself.

Cut out all the BS, and look deeply & honestly into your heart.

Looking back, apparently I also took the proverb "Measure twice, cut once" pretty seriously, as it pertains to all this.

During two extended periods in my life, I wrestled with the OP's question. I wanted to make sure, one way or the other. Heck, for a time I even more-or-less lived as a female, excluding work (where I simply had some "girly relationships" with some GG co-workers)... You know, just to put the theory into real-world practice. I recall even taking like a 10-day (stay-at-home) vacation, and lived 24/7 as a female, going about my daily life. Not gonna lie, it was somewhat difficult, especially towards the end. It was a great & eye-opening experience, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

I liked it there, but it felt like I was missing something at a fundamental level... Turned out, it was my maleness.

Anyway, that's my very abbreviated version.

It is a great question, though. Doc, I’ve had a very similar pathway to you. I’m 55 and as little as two years ago I’d’ve been shocked to see where I am now.

I know that CD’ing isn’t enough, and consider myself TG.I have feminised my body a bit, and have more to do. I can’t ever see myself having SRS or FFS, but am happy for just about everything else.

But I can’t see a time in my life where I won’t have to present as a male at least some of the time, so there will be limits to how far along the TG spectrum that I can go.

Michelle

I just want to thank Doc for this lovely topic.
    And Alice, I am glad my post was in any way relatelable!

I'm pretty happy with my life as a crossdresser. Like the male side of my life as well. I have no desire to transition.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Can't really say what would be "IF"...
    I suppose on the scale I tend to be middle of the road, but there are certainly times when I feel much closer to taking this to a higher level.
    Maybe, maybe not...I just don't know at this stage.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    . I doubt that many of these accomplishments could have happened as a female. This is a sad comment, but also true.
    So true. But, the world is changing, so it may be better for the next generation. I was pleased with the parts women got in Mission Impossible Fallout. And that Asian guy.

I am happy to remain male as I love my male life. I began by dressing in lingerie and that was sufficient for a few years. Eventually I became curious as to how I would look dressed as a woman but never wanted to be one. Now at 65 I can dress when I wish and still have no desire to be a woman.

I know I'm a man who likes to dress up privately as a woman (to an extent). I first stole my mother's pantyhose when I was about 12. The thrill of putting on each en femme item and parading around at home in a way I never would in public is part of the attraction for me. I would never venture out in public with any detectable feminine attire. Just panties and hosiery. I don't even feel comfortable shopping in stores on the other side of the aisle for myself. I know I shouldn't worry what others think, but I'd rather not give anyone a reason to be uncomfortable or angry. So, I shop online and do my best to keep my crossdressing to myself. I love to wear feminine things, but I am a man.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

At 65, CDing is as far as I've gone even though at 17 I told my mom I wanted to be a girl. I really don't know how much GD I have. I think it's more of a case of AGP for me. Being an actual women (having breasts and vagina) is a fantasy I have occasionally. Not something I dwell on.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Good timing for this thread for me. I have been on a week long vacation to the Atlantic coast of Florida. As the days moved on I was less and less interested in dressing and found it amazing to
    spend time as a man swimming in the surf with my six year old son. We had some incredible bonding experiences.

Yes - I missed Felicia and I found it really interesting to watch GG's in bikinis stroll up and down the beach and try to figure out which one I would wear. One piece? Two piece? What color? (I want a black and yellow one!)
    At one point I saw a GG in a bikini bottom, a rash guard top over her bikini top and a baseball cap on with her black ponytail sticking out the back. She had sunglasses on and as she strolled by I thought "I could totally pull that
    off and almost no one would know!"

I can say I love both of these worlds. At some moments I love being a father and a man. At others I love being Felicia and dressing en femme. The challenge for me is finding the right balance.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Many responses to this thread resonate with my own experience. I've dressed for over 40 years and have been content with that. I no longer underdress, preferring to have a fully female look with wig and makeup. But at the end of the day, I am male, like it that way, and am not looking for anything different. So I remain a crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    I think the bottom line is, you truly have to know yourself.

Cut out all the BS, and look deeply & honestly into your heart.

Looking back, apparently I also took the proverb "Measure twice, cut once" pretty seriously, as it pertains to all this.

During two extended periods in my life, I wrestled with the OP's question. I wanted to make sure, one way or the other. Heck, for a time I even more-or-less lived as a female, excluding work (where I simply had some "girly relationships" with some GG co-workers)... You know, just to put the theory into real-world practice. I recall even taking like a 10-day (stay-at-home) vacation, and lived 24/7 as a female, going about my daily life. Not gonna lie, it was somewhat difficult, especially towards the end. It was a great & eye-opening experience, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

I liked it there, but it felt like I was missing something at a fundamental level... Turned out, it was my maleness.

Anyway, that's my very abbreviated version.
    Hi Ellbee,

I am really curious about your 24/7 experience and how it turned out.

I have been pondering on the OP's question for quite some time. And the solution that I came up with is that the only way to find out the answer is to live 24/7 and see if that's what I wanted. I thought about what kind of 24/7 I can do, an extended vacation as a tourist in a new city, a stay-home break, or even a temporary job in a new city for some period of time (say a few months). I had thought that I may *need* to try to real life one to be certain, instead of just a tourist vacation. But of course, the real life one is probably out of reach given my family and job.

But your experience seems to indicate that even a stay-home mini vacation has given you plenty of clear indication. I know everyone is different, but I am really curious about how it went.

Thanks,

Leslie
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Its a good question Doc... From 12 to 40 when I was a classic CD, it never entered my mind that one day I may be 'more' than a 'simple male CD'. That was then this is now, after Becky emerged and I jumped quite far along the gender spectrum, I realised that the signs were there all along from a very early age of 4 or 5. That being said whilst I did jump along the spectrum I did not land at TS and so far have not gone there. I would be naive to say never however.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I love feminine clothing; I prefer the company of women; I have always supported the point of view of women.
    But I have always known I would never transition, I am more than happy to stay as I am.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    Hi Ellbee,

I am really curious about your 24/7 experience and how it turned out.

I have been pondering on the OP's question for quite some time. And the solution that I came up with is that the only way to find out the answer is to live 24/7 and see if that's what I wanted. I thought about what kind of 24/7 I can do, an extended vacation as a tourist in a new city, a stay-home break, or even a temporary job in a new city for some period of time (say a few months). I had thought that I may *need* to try to real life one to be certain, instead of just a tourist vacation. But of course, the real life one is probably out of reach given my family and job.

But your experience seems to indicate that even a stay-home mini vacation has given you plenty of clear indication. I know everyone is different, but I am really curious about how it went.

Thanks,

Leslie

Ugh, that was like at least a decade ago. So much has happened in my life since, and right now it's late & I'm beyond exhausted!

I will say that I feel doing something like that is probably pretty much a must for those *seriously* questioning/considering. Think of it as a "dry-run," if you will. It's like, well, if I go down the TS road, here is basically a small sampling of what to expect from the daily grind -- particularly at the beginning of such. (I suppose the longer/further one goes, I would imagine some things do get easier/more routine/second-nature -- while eventually introducing a whole host of new issues & experiences that need to be dealt with accordingly.)

I dunno, just gonna ramble for a bit... But during my later en-femme days, I was always big on real-life, everyday presentation. And I was one of those who honestly felt I HAD to wear some make-up before I left the house, no matter where I was going or how quick the trip might be. My mother has always been the same way, and I probably just got that from her... Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, after all. And even if I was just wearing some casual jeans & a top, I wanted to make sure that I still looked pretty good before I stepped out the door.

During this trial run, it got to the point where I thought of the grooming & presentation stuff as a time-consuming hassle. And yet, I simply *couldn't* leave the house looking like a mess! It just didn't internally jive with me. Oh, that daily grind was *real*, on so many levels.

Just one thing that has always really stuck out to me, from all this. There were all sorts of other thoughts, feelings, emotions, experiences, observations, whatever, at the time. But that one hit home pretty hard, for some reason.

Anyway, I was already pretty "girly" during that era, in many aspects of my life. My social circle was the LGBT crowd & its awesome GG-supporters. At work I was pretty close to just being "one of the girls" (though not particularly presenting as such at the office). I was (and still am ) a bit of a home-body, as well... And at the time I was really into "girling up" my home, really making it my own, having a nice little sanctuary of sorts? Oh, and I was also a bit of a mistress to some guy, as I explored my sexuality & romantic relationship potential as a hetero female. I dunno, stuff like that.

IOW, while maybe not 24/7, I was *already* living a lot of the life.

With that background, I just felt like I had to take it up a notch to 24/7 during those 10 days or so. And while I liked it & felt comfortable, as I mentioned earlier, it was also pretty tough at times! It was almost "too much," ya know? And I felt like something was missing... I missed the guy part of me.

Ah, there it is... Confirmation that I do have a "guy self."

It took me all that to realize that I'm not totally a woman, that I don't need to transition. I dunno, it's hard to describe, and it's way more than just that. I just hope I'm making a bit of sense here, LOL. I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to say it right now!

I guess it was like I was more-or-less intentionally ( ) "erasing" my male self. And in doing so, I understood at a fundamental level that not only was I aware that there actually was something to erase, but that it was a part of me that I could never let go while still feeling right in doing so. It was like, "No, that's who I am, too! Why would I get rid of him?? That isn't fair or right!"

Honestly, towards the end, I couldn't wait for those 10 days to finally be over. As strange as that may sound to some, that's how I genuinely felt. I loved & felt comfortable being a visitor & welcomed guest, so to speak -- but I learned by actually doing that I didn't want or need to become a permanent resident. It was certainly an interesting & surreal experiment & experience... Not only those 10 days, but that era in my life. Kinda weird in a way, now that I look back it, LOL.

As for you trying something like that, Leslie?

Yes, if you truly feel you need to, then absolutely do it. No question about it. And how you go about it, is obviously totally up to you.

I will say try to keep things real. While all of those you mention (an extended vacation as a tourist in a new city, a stay-home break, or even a temporary job in a new city for some period of time) would be interesting & eye-opening in their own unique ways, I'd suggest trying to live your life as you would "as her" -- however that might be. Reality is key. And honestly, I could see any & all of those three ideas as plausible, depending on how you view & live them. Heck, try all three.

But as I alluded to, this is not a fantasy, this is not a game, this is not a stage. This is real-life. So, be sure to treat it as such.

If you genuinely & seriously put it into that context, I feel anyone would find at least some of the answers they're looking for.

I could probably write a book on this, but that's all I've got for now! Hope it helps!!

I'm positive that if there were no familial obligations I'd start transitioning, at the very least I'd get counselling to see if it was right for me. I'm considering getting help now to help me sort things out one way or another. It's complicated & difficult when you're married and the desire to dress up, to be a woman, is absolutely overwhelming.

Like many others I started dressing in my Mom's & Aunt's clothes at an early age, 9 or 10. I continued through my teens. When I was going to college I read all I could find on the subject and dressed frequently, but was afraid of what would happen if I came out. I infrequently dated girls during this time, but starting in high school my fantasies during masturbation transitioned from being about girls to me being the girl, by the time I went to college, ALL my sexual fantasies were of me as the woman. My romantic fantasies were of me meeting a guy and we'd live together as a couple, or he would be the guy who would sweep me away and have me turned into a woman for him.

I got married at 40 and dropped the whole crossdressing thing, purged my collection and tried to put it out of my mind. I'd still have fantasies about being a woman from time to time, and did dress up twice over about fifteen years, then something snapped about a year ago, and I've been running full girly since then, I've dressed up every chance I got, I have a hidden collection of wigs, clothes, shoes & makeup, and I think about it all the time…

As for now, as I said if I were not married, if something happened between me and my wife I'd run (IN HEELS!) for the nearest therapist and begin my journey…

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    But, most of u have dealt with dressing urges from an early age. For those of that believe crossdressing is as far as u will go, what tipped u off? And, how can u be so sure?
    Well Doc, I can be sure simply because I once ventured down the path toward "more" - hormones, counselling, spending as much public time as possible as Sarah, even checking with my company's HR dept. to see what their policy was (FWIW, non-discrimination).

But I was stopped by the 3M's... Money, Male body, and Mental fortitude.
    Having a definite Male physique, it would have taken lots of Money to get the procedures to even begin to be believable as a female, and being something of a scaredy cat - I didn't have the Mental fortitude to risk failure and falling short of the mark.

SPEAKING ONLY FOR MYSELF: the thought of landing somewhere in the middle was worse than staying male. So I stopped. I'll never become the woman I should have been, but at least I can be a 'mostly OK' man who indulges his other side with a few girly things.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Most of you have dealt with dressing urges from an early age.
    I wondered how many here are convinced that being a crossdresser is as far as they'll ever go?
    How can u be so sure?
    I've never had any feelings that I should've been born a girl.
    I never have been disappointed in my male body. Well, maybe only in seeing clothes and heels that I would not fit into.
    Crossdressing had been so much fun for me growing up and continues to be as an adult.
    Even in situations one does not expect

That time!.jpg

At times in my life I've fantasized about being a woman so much that I deluded myself into thinking it was actually what I wanted. I fantasized about having breasts but I never seriously wanted a vagina. Instead I would see myself with a tiny and useless penis and having orgasms from anal sex. Just a guess, but I don't think that's what most real women dream about. According to AGP theory there are four subtypes of AGP: anatomical, behavioral, transvestic, and physiological. Using that model, I would have mostly behavioral and transvestic AGP with only a touch of the anatomical. Physiological AGP does nothing for me. According to Blanchard, anatomical AGP is a strong predictor of future transition. Transvestic AGPs are probably the least likely to transition. My experience on this forum is that the CDs that go on to seriously consider transition are the ones that feel a powerful need to be perceived as women. They make a lot of long winded posts about their experiences out and about, etc. I've gotten to be pretty good at predicting to myself which ones will eventually come out as trans. I frankly don't care how others perceive me unless I want something from them so there is little danger I'm kidding myself about being "just" a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    Ugh, that was like at least a decade ago. So much has happened in my life since, and right now it's late & I'm beyond exhausted!

I will say that I feel doing something like that is probably pretty much a must for those *seriously* questioning/considering. Think of it as a "dry-run," if you will. It's like, well, if I go down the TS road, here is basically a small sampling of what to expect from the daily grind -- particularly at the beginning of such. (I suppose the longer/further one goes, I would imagine some things do get easier/more routine/second-nature -- while eventually introducing a whole host of new issues & experiences that need to be dealt with accordingly.)

I dunno, just gonna ramble for a bit... But during my later en-femme days, I was always big on real-life, everyday presentation. And I was one of those who honestly felt I HAD to wear some make-up before I left the house, no matter where I was going or how quick the trip might be. My mother has always been the same way, and I probably just got that from her... Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, after all. And even if I was just wearing some casual jeans & a top, I wanted to make sure that I still looked pretty good before I stepped out the door.

During this trial run, it got to the point where I thought of the grooming & presentation stuff as a time-consuming hassle. And yet, I simply *couldn't* leave the house looking like a mess! It just didn't internally jive with me. Oh, that daily grind was *real*, on so many levels.

Just one thing that has always really stuck out to me, from all this. There were all sorts of other thoughts, feelings, emotions, experiences, observations, whatever, at the time. But that one hit home pretty hard, for some reason.

Anyway, I was already pretty "girly" during that era, in many aspects of my life. My social circle was the LGBT crowd & its awesome GG-supporters. At work I was pretty close to just being "one of the girls" (though not particularly presenting as such at the office). I was (and still am ) a bit of a home-body, as well... And at the time I was really into "girling up" my home, really making it my own, having a nice little sanctuary of sorts? Oh, and I was also a bit of a mistress to some guy, as I explored my sexuality & romantic relationship potential as a hetero female. I dunno, stuff like that.

IOW, while maybe not 24/7, I was *already* living a lot of the life.

With that background, I just felt like I had to take it up a notch to 24/7 during those 10 days or so. And while I liked it & felt comfortable, as I mentioned earlier, it was also pretty tough at times! It was almost "too much," ya know? And I felt like something was missing... I missed the guy part of me.

Ah, there it is... Confirmation that I do have a "guy self."

It took me all that to realize that I'm not totally a woman, that I don't need to transition. I dunno, it's hard to describe, and it's way more than just that. I just hope I'm making a bit of sense here, LOL. I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to say it right now!

I guess it was like I was more-or-less intentionally ( ) "erasing" my male self. And in doing so, I understood at a fundamental level that not only was I aware that there actually was something to erase, but that it was a part of me that I could never let go while still feeling right in doing so. It was like, "No, that's who I am, too! Why would I get rid of him?? That isn't fair or right!"

Honestly, towards the end, I couldn't wait for those 10 days to finally be over. As strange as that may sound to some, that's how I genuinely felt. I loved & felt comfortable being a visitor & welcomed guest, so to speak -- but I learned by actually doing that I didn't want or need to become a permanent resident. It was certainly an interesting & surreal experiment & experience... Not only those 10 days, but that era in my life. Kinda weird in a way, now that I look back it, LOL.

As for you trying something like that, Leslie?

Yes, if you truly feel you need to, then absolutely do it. No question about it. And how you go about it, is obviously totally up to you.

I will say try to keep things real. While all of those you mention (an extended vacation as a tourist in a new city, a stay-home break, or even a temporary job in a new city for some period of time) would be interesting & eye-opening in their own unique ways, I'd suggest trying to live your life as you would "as her" -- however that might be. Reality is key. And honestly, I could see any & all of those three ideas as plausible, depending on how you view & live them. Heck, try all three.

But as I alluded to, this is not a fantasy, this is not a game, this is not a stage. This is real-life. So, be sure to treat it as such.

If you genuinely & seriously put it into that context, I feel anyone would find at least some of the answers they're looking for.

I could probably write a book on this, but that's all I've got for now! Hope it helps!!
    Hi Ellbee,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. That gives me a good reference point. Yes, I plan to try these if it is possible. I am married living with my spouse, so some of these might not be easily doable. But I do want to see what is possible within the constraint of the reality. I really like your comment that this is real life. That's what I wanted to find out too, the real life, how it really feels like to be there.

Thanks a lot,

Leslie
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/