Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DADT Twists and Turns

Very cool story and wife Michelle, looking forward to hearing the next step....
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member
    Well Chicka,

You should have expected all the feedback. It may not FEEL like as big of a deal as, say, flying pretty, but for many of us, it is like crossing the Berlin Wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Well Chicka,

You should have expected all the feedback. It may not FEEL like as big of a deal as, say, flying pretty, but for many of us, it is like crossing the Berlin Wall!
    Oh, trust me, girlfriend, it does indeed feel like a huge deal. I mean, can you imagine? Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeytgtx View Post
    Michelle:
    Could it be possibly the over the top quality of going out with you to Hamberger Mary's that has your wife intrigued? You rented an amazing party dress for your adventure and maybe she would like to share the experience of an amazing dress and possibly some makeup way beyond what would be normal for her? My wife really got into a costume party she organized for her place of employment one time. Maybe your wife would like to blow off some steam going out as someone way out of character. As long as she's possibly dressed in a gorgeous dress she's willing to share the experience with you?
    Sounds like fun as long as she doesn't change her mind.
    Zoey

this seemed to be the catalyst when i read your tale....the package from the dress rental and having an event to wear it too peaked her interest.

at your next event like this maybe you can ask if she would like to rent something glam as well....best of luck and enjoy it while it lasts.....the moons may not always stay in alignment.....pity my wife does not fancy being fancy....
    Last edited by mykell; 08-10-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Great thread Michelle. And I love your term “tolerant DADT”. I think that is a good description of what is happening between my wife and I. Our lives are hectic with young children and aging parents and I believe that she would prefer the whole gender thing to just go away. I crave acceptance from her as a way to know that I’m worthy just the way that I am.

I have been on the rollercoaster many times and still get confused.
    Possibly she is finally over the fear you will transition and that this is a sometime thing that makes you happy and why should she miss out on fun times with you.
    I would suggest not outshining her - maybe if she looked better in the dress than you, offer to let her wear it and get something lesser. You did hope to shine but in the long run having her be more accepting would be a bigger win.
    Hugs, Ellen

Silver Member
    Michelle, a wonderful story! Question: Have you considered both of you seeing a qualified gender therapist to allay any concerns she may have about you, she and dressing? It could be a positive move for both of you, and she may become fully supportive. But never forget that she wants her man, too.

Banned Read only
    would think after thirty four years (1980-2014) your wife or any wife should realize who her husband is or is not, whether or not he is a cross dresser. Glad to see she is coming to realize this is a harmless side of you. If she was not convinced this was harmless she would have dumped you a long time ago. She may still have reservations of family and friends knowing because of their lack of education and possible negative consequences.

Very happy for you DDG! Hope that new twist continues in your direction.

Look forward (I hope) to see a picture of you in that dress!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hi Michelle and thanks for that wonderful story...many warm and positive thoughts to you and your spouse.
    I loved your phrase 'tolerant DADT' as that's where my wife and I have been -curiously, since the same year as well, 1980- but sadly, I have no such hopes.
    Enjoy the baby steps and good tidings!

PS: I love your avatar....you and that dress are made for each other and you look lovely