Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How essential are forms in regards to your dressing?

How essential are forms in regards to your dressing?

Hi everyone! This is my first thread! After a few days posting, I think I am finally confortable enough to make active thread posts myself!
    So assuming you are reading this, Yay!

So as the title asks, how important are breastforms to your dressing? How much of an impact do they have and how integral it is to the process?

I ask this because i only recently got my first wig a few days ago prior to introducing myself, which were both things i didn't even know if I would ever do, at least not at this point in time.

I had essentially told myself that a wig wasn't necesary and that i could go on without one, but the more i completed the rest of my look and my wardrobe fem expanded, the more it felt like it was just blatantly missing.

After having aquired one, I can definitely say it makes a big difference. At least for me.
    I even had myself a little bit of a photoshoot!

Because of this, the idea of forms has resurfaced for me again. While i can make due with socks, I can't help but wonder if i am really missing out.

But enough about me. What are your feelings on the matter?

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    They never used to be - and I was evidently happy without them - but I recently bought my first set of forms, and they make a huge difference, that I really didn't think would happen. I got a pocket bra at the same time since the forms are 40Ds. They are a bit on the heavy side, and aren't adhesive at all. They really do an amazing job of increasing how feminine I feel when wearing them. They even jiggle like real boobs do when I walk. I'm just sorry I waited this long to get a set of those.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

They are, to me, as essential as they would be for any woman who wants to look "normal" and can't, for whatever reason.

Not essential, but important, for sure. They tend to help clothing fit properly against the body. When out in public they are a big help with presenting as a woman.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Hi Charlotte, what type of female image are you trying to create for yourself?
    One for private use where you would NEVER go out in the world? One for pics to post on the Net?
    A wig obviously completes the picture.
    I couldn't wait to buy breast forms because I did not want to rely on socks that I used growing up.
    Seeing Jodee forms in JCPenny's catalog spurred me on growing up.
    Perfectly symmetrical all the time and the weight of them in the bra I was wearing made them seem even more fantastic!
    Definitely gave a bounce in my step as I walked in heels the first time with them

It sounds flippant, but the answer is that they are not essential until you decide that they are. It's a pretty common story on this site that people did without them for a long time, then tried them out, loved the result and can no longer dress without them. Pay attention to your feelings and decide if they're important to you (yet.) Don't get them because someone else thinks you should, but don't put off getting them if you feel they're the next thing you care about. One thing that seems a constant is that this is a step-wise endeavor -- you fix the thing that's bothering you most at present and when that's fixed, the next-most important thing rises to the top.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have B cup breasts, and wearing a padded sports bra brings them up to a D (like in my pic). I’ve recently started adding extra padding, because I LOVE big boobs.

What I have been wearing a lot lately are hip and bum pads, as I find that my hip and waist curves are just as important to my feeling feminine as my bust.

Michelle.

For years, I used substitutes too, i.e. rolled up hose, rice in knee highs etc., but never feeling fulfilled. After reading several threads, I took the big step and bought triangular breast forms. Immediate elation. Now, I never dress without them. They definitely are an essential part of my wardrobe. I have two sets. Both feel fantastic...weight, bounce, etc. Like your wig experience, I believe once you have them, you’ll feel all new feelings. Do your research regarding size, so your forms fit your cup size. There are many web sites for help. Incidentally, all my bras are underwires which keep my forms more in place. Have fun.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    For me dressing has been like many things I've gotten into during my life. You don't realize you need something until you use it. For instance, I rode thousands of miles on my bike between the ages of 13-18 and I didn't buy my first pair of cycling shorts until I was 19. Now I never ride without my shorts and I own about 8 pair, some costing well over 100 dollars.

When I started dressing I was turned off by the activity becasue MIAD gives me no pleasure. I began to experiment, makeup first, wig, then bra with socks, then I made my own balloons willed with gel polymer which worked OK as forms until one day blew one up. I bought some inexpensive silcon forms from ebay and while I know they aren't perfect, they work great and won't explode in your bra!

I started dabbling with various feminine wear like many, hosiery and panties and slips. When I tried and started dressing fully a wig, forms and make up became important any time I dress. I think they complete the look and feel right in a bra. For me forms are a must short of the real deal!

I don't use forms. I somehow ran across Annabelle padded bras at JC Penney and they give me the shape I want.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Yes, body size is really important and can determine what you need, a padded bra could easily do it. I actually have larger boobs then a GG friend of mine who runs.

Forms are definitely not essential. I knew a professional FI, drag queen who never wore them. but her look was impeccable. I use to use water balloons They leaked afew times LOL. Now I have forms and I love them i have several different sizes. I like the bounce the convenience and the look I wouldn't put them at top of the list but they definitely would be on it. A wig at least to me is more important as far as getting a good look
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Forms he!p some of my dresses fit better - but they are not essential to my dressing

Breast forms, haven’t ever thought I didn’t need them, then I bought really good ones and wear them just about 24/7 wishing there was real ones in there. Only a 34B, but I love them, usually in a sports bra from lululemon. Maybe I might get the next size up. As I have 34D and DD and they are too big.

Pretty in Pink

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Oh, and Dana. To answer your question...im not quite sure tbeh ^^"
    For the time being, I largely dress exclusively for myself and in my free time. Im pretty closeted...
    Im nor sure where I wanna take my dressing in tye future but i suppose these are things i should think about.

Also, Pat you are absolutely right. Thanks for the comment, I think i really needed it. Im still figuring myself out so its nice someone is here to keep thing a bit more grounded too!

To me, they are part of what makes Lana Mae Lana Mae! I did not want to mess around and bought ~$200 forms! They are "C" cup as I felt that was about right for my frame size! When I have them on and look in the mirror or even down I would not trade millions for that feeling! I do feel however that a good wig is the crowning piece of all we wear! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My BF and Style Guru Millisense's Avatar
    Hi Charlotte, I am a newbie as well, and also closeted. I bought 32 dollar Y-not self-adhesive C cup teardrop shaped forms on Amazon and while they gave me "jiggle" etc., and were overall a good value, I was a little disappointed as their size just didn't conform to my chest correctly (I have A-cup breasts anyway and it was like sticking a mountain on a mole-hill -- they looked odd.) For them to look right I still would've had to pad. That said I do still use them.
    But I bought another pair of the same kind, this time A-cups, and I love them, I don't need a bra wearing them for the most part, even after the adhesive has worn off mostly, and the shape is perfect -- if I squint my eyes wearing them topless they look like a natural part of my chest. I wear these all the time, have them on under my nightgown right now, no bra.

So I think the thing is to find the kind that fit you best, and you'll find it a definite upgrade from socks.
    Also, in my limited experience they're not effective under padded bras at all, they don't add anything that socks add.
    I find sports bras, bandeau or some front-close sporty-type bras work best, though with the large cup forms some of those choices are not as supportive as those forms are quite weighty.

ETA: I'm not endorsing 32.00 breast forms as the be-all, end-all of forms; I just wanted a relatively inexpensive option to try. If my dressing proceeds to being in public/attempting to pass, I would upgrade to a better option because these cheaper forms, while sturdy enough, have overly pokey nipples. Titillating in a nightgown, but a little too obvious in most blouses, etc.
    Last edited by Millisense; 08-05-2018 at 06:05 PM.

From water balloons to today's realistic breast plate, boobs have always played a large role, perhaps not the finale that always makes me feel like a woman, that award goes to long blonde wig, 5 inch spiked heels and long stiletto or dragon lady nails.

You're right about the wig. A wig has a higher priority than forms for achieving a fem look. I have two sets of forms and I really like them. I've looked at myself all dressed up with out them and I kind of look like a woman with very small breasts. So in that regard they aren't essential.

There are other cheaper methods than using forms that give a similar affect. I started with stuffing a bra with socks when I was young.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Not absolutely essential but I will say previously my breast of choice was flour in a ziplock bag LOL! They worked pretty well but I finally broke down and ordered breast forms. Once I had them the question became "what took me so long?"

For me, the right wig and then learning how to do makeup were and are the essential ingredients. O and false eyelashes! OMG
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

I feel that wearing a wig is very important once you have applied make up and are dressing. They go hand in hand. Wearing a bra and forms is a must in complenting not only your look, but in creating the feeling of being female. Of the two I feel that it is the most important. That wearing your bra with forms can be a sole event many times, without and other form of dressing. For me, due to two years of accidents, injuries and surgery it has become my major connection to my female side. They sort of keep me grounded, keep my female feelings alive and with great supprise has resulted in total acceptance from my wife. I am now in my 11th day of wearing my forms 7/24. Needles to say I have more than one bra and three sets of forms. I feel naked without them. Of course if I go out, they will come off. As soon as I am back home they go back on and life at home goes on as normal. I cam add light make up and lipstick withoit negative comment.

Charlotte,

Not essential, I can dress around the house and be comfortable without them. That said if I do wear forms then it does make me feel more the genuine article so to speak. I could never see myself going out dressed without them.

What you will find is forms will have the same effect upon what you see in the mirror as your wig has. Dresses, blouses and tops fit better, the image is more of a complete one and if you read enough threads on the subject, the issue of bounce and movement will come up time and time again.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    The easiest way I can answer this is take a look at my avatar, would that dress have worked without forms ? I didn't actually have room for a bra and that picture was taken by Shelly ( mod ) at the front of a hotel where we had a summer bash .
    "
    I make my forms just big enough to give me a balanced figure so I end up with 36/37" bust , 31" waist and 37" hips . I'm naturally about a 36b so I do need a little something to boost what I have .

Having a reasonably shaped and sized bust to me is important , I know most UK size 12 clothes will fit .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-06-2018 at 10:45 AM.

I started by stuffing socks in my bra. That was fine for a long time. Once when I was in college, I saw a crossdresser at an outdoor Halloween party. It was dark, but the first thing that gave her away was that the socks she stuffed in her bra were coming out everywhere.

Eventually, I wanted to take it to the next level, and I bought forms in a size C for me. I would never go back. I would never dress without my forms, except when trying girl's clothes at a retail store while in boy mode.

The biggest difference: Socks look somewhat realistic; forms feel somewhat realistic. It's a huge difference.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.