Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your First Forays Into Dressing 24/7

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar

Your First Forays Into Dressing 24/7

During a recent 4 day weekend my wife was away and I found opportunity to dress 24/7. I liberated my femme wardrobe from their boxes, put them all into drawers and hung some in the closet and armoire. It felt incredible to see it all laid out and completely accessible and organized. I really enjoyed casually holding items up to one another to mix and match, to try a few accessories, to wear various lingerie during the day and whatever pajamas at night. I wore forms and a bra during all hours save for sleeping and showering and tried to enjoy my various footwear as much as I could.

Sounds as if I will have another similar opportunity this winter so perhaps it will be even better as the temps will be cooler. After the four days off I returned to work. My wife was still away, however, so I could dress after work, evenings and before going to work in the mornings. (My wife is aware and ok with this arrangement just not interested in indulging me during everyday life.)

For those that are married or with a significant other and have had similar opportunities to dress 24/7 – or do so regularly – what things did you notice the first time or two that you did this? Did you do anything similar or special? Would you do something different the next time?

Thanks!
    Veronica.

Platinum Member
    For a number of years my wife visited our daughter who was living in Chicago. Each time I had about seven to ten days to liberate my femme garments from storage. I hung dresses and slips in the walk-in closet. Lined heels up at the foot of the bed. Put bras, panties and hosiery in my armoire. I was en femme any time I wanted. I took as many evening strolls as I wanted. I don't know if I will do anything different when my wife visits her cousin in Arizona next March,

My wife is supportive and encouraging. However, her adult daughter lives with us and I will not allow her to know. She went to Florida just after the first of the year and I was in heaven when she was gone.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've done it a few times when everyone was out of town. Very exhilarating. Recently told my wife my secret and she doesn't want me to dress without her so I will respect that. Still waiting for the first chance to get fully dressed with her. Can't wait.

I have spent a few days when my wife was away sorting through my femme wardrobe trying to decide what to wear. usually, I end up wearing the sameoutfit I wore the last time she was away. I'm hoping that the next she is out of town I will have something new and exciting to wear.

For the first couple of times I plotted my way through what to wear and when to wear it.

These activities do wane over time.

It is great just to know that you can get dressed at will.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ladies, I am really curious about this topics as well.

When you have chances to do 24/7 for a couple of days, does the urge to dress goes away? Do you feel like it is getting a bit boring and tired, and the next morning you just want to put on the male t-shirt and have an easy day? Or do you want to keep doing that and get more?
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

I've written about both in the pictures forum.

The first was to get my nails done, have a makeover, arrange to try on clothes at Nordstrom, and to buy a wig dressed. That really broke the ice for me on getting out.

The second was a four day train trip to Chicago. Walked around, shopped, saw Hamilton and went to the Art Institute.

My main realization was how much additional lead time I needed to add to get out. If I needed to leave at 10, I needed to get started at 9. Guy me takes about 5 minutes of lead time.

As to the question above, becoming a girl is a lot of work. I think for me a bit of the luster wore off after the four days (one was four days, the other five). Plus, in one case my spouse was coming home, so I needed to change back, and in the other I had guy commitments to take care of.

But I started thinking about my next extended time out almost immediately after the end of my girl time.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 08-05-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Hi everyone,

I had once the opportunity to dress 5 days in a row.It was the holidays, girlfriend was out of town so I had 100% of time for myself.
    I take my time and as Veronica said, take my clothes, shoes & jewelry in my closet.
    Eventually, I only dress the two first days.
    Even if I was eagerly looking forward for this opportunity to dress, the third morning, I didn't know why i just didn't want to.
    Maybe it's because I felt lazy of doing all the make up, but foremost I had enough fun the two days before.
    I just wanted to make something else, so I enjoyed my time with my "man" hobbies.

So for me, living as a woman 24/7 is just impossible, I don't want to & foremost I can't. I just enjoy my crossdressing escape moment.
    I can't do it whenever I want it (girlfriend doesn't know for now, commitments to family and friends or at work) but I try to spare some "girly" time regularly.

Just my two cents,
    Karine.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

I try to make time at least once a month for dressing up en femme the whole day, and sometime also attend church on Sunday. A few things of note:

I simply can't last 24/7 with my breast forms and silicon shorts on, not in the heat and humidity of my country. The closest I got to doing so was during a trip to Thailand, where it's much easier to be a bit careless with my dressing.

If I keep my forms on all the time, it puts tremendous stress on my shoulders from trying to keep my back straight and elegant, from holding my bags up in a feminine way, and there's always a risk of a sweat rash developing. The same goes for my silicon shorts as I need to occasionally take them off. The built in catheter isn't as reliable as I hoped, and occasionally means I need to clean off an unwanted back wash into the shorts itself...

It's necessary for me to take short breaks to clean off and wash myself down, otherwise I wouldn't last. Maybe I could survive better if I did the 24/7 thing in a colder climate?

I noticed that, once back in male mode, my mannerisms were still so very much feminine, especially hand movements and the swish in my walk. After a week with nails and in heels the majority of the time, the girl remained. The bounce in my bottom surprised me the most and I kind of enjoyed it.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    When you have chances to do 24/7 for a couple of days, does the urge to dress goes away? Do you feel like it is getting a bit boring and tired, and the next morning you just want to put on the male t-shirt and have an easy day? Or do you want to keep doing that and get more?
    I'm a retiree. Unless I have someplace to go that may require 'dressing up' in male mode, such as a wedding or funeral, you'll find me in a vee neck tee shirt and cut off shorts around the house. That's winter, spring, summer and fall. When out and about in winter I have to submit to jeans. That's my comfort zone. Somewhat unshaven too until my wife tells me I'm starting to look too shaggy. When my wife has gone out of town for a week or more I have worn women's clothing all the time unless there was a necessity in the daytime to accomplish something. I think I have reached the point where women's and men's clothing are just that; clothes. Due to my size (height and weight) there is a self imposed limit to public dressing en femme. If I was five foot six or so I probably would do those chores outside the home en femme too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    I have found that the desire to dress can ebb a bit after a couple days, yes. For me I believe the itch to revert back to male mode is born from mild guilt or purely habit more than comfort. Perhaps it is that I am much more accustomed to squeezing in a couple hours here or there rather than 24/7 access for so long a time; this automatically tells me to go put my male gear back on. During this stint I simply told myself that I long for such an opportunity quite often and now was the time. This helped me keep the forms and bra on, the heels, to slip into something different if I felt the urge to revert back too soon. It also helped that I put my male gear in a few bins and suitcases in our garage to limit access...and the fridge was stocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I have spent a few days when my wife was away sorting through my femme wardrobe trying to decide what to wear. usually, I end up wearing the sameoutfit I wore the last time she was away. I'm hoping that the next she is out of town I will have something new and exciting to wear.
    This occurs for me as well, Janine. I just find a comfort level with certain outfits and keep going back to them. This kind of dressing pattern does tend to happen in waves depending on the time of year (climate) or if I have acquired something new. During this last opportunity I politely guided myself to enjoy many different items that have long been forgotten or that I did not bother to wear. A couple sleeveless dresses, skirts, different lingerie, even some heels or flats as well as various sleepwear. Every moment was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Adams View Post
    I've done it a few times when everyone was out of town. Very exhilarating. Recently told my wife my secret and she doesn't want me to dress without her so I will respect that. Still waiting for the first chance to get fully dressed with her. Can't wait.
    Kimberly! This sounds like an adventure in waiting. Hope you will create a thread and share how this pans out for you

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    My wife is supportive and encouraging. However, her adult daughter lives with us and I will not allow her to know. She went to Florida just after the first of the year and I was in heaven when she was gone.
    How long ago was it when you found the chance to dress 24/7 for the first time? Were you married or with somebody? How did the experience go?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've had, sadly rare, full weeks to myself and have spent almost all the time dressed. It was surprisingly easy (to me) to be able to do such a thing, and at the end of those weeks it was a real downer for them to end. This happened before I started going out and next month I may have four or five days to myself, so looking forward to it.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 08-06-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

The last few years I have had such an opportunity when my wife was at a national convention. She would be gone for 4-6 days, and I would bring all my clothes and heels into my closet and drawers. The first two years I still worked for some of the time, so I was not 24/7 until the weekend. This year I was fully dressed for 3 1/2 days, and the excitement of it did not wane during that whole time. I go shopping and out for a makeover, try to meet others, and generally enjoy myself just being as feminine as possible.

Unfortunately, my wife's service for this group has finished, so I don't know if she will attend next year's convention. Plus, my daughter now lives with us, so these multiple day dressing times won't happen again until she's on her own. So I have to be content with dressing at home for a few hours at a time.

I've been spoiled by the freedom of multiple days, but I wouldn't change anything about it. Next time, I would be more confident to interact with people as I found that there was no reason to be afraid of adverse reactions. No holding back any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Davis View Post
    I've been spoiled by the freedom of multiple days, but I wouldn't change anything about it. Next time, I would be more confident to interact with people as I found that there was no reason to be afraid of adverse reactions. No holding back any more!
    Isn't that the truth, Tina? While I have no yearning to go public I do believe that by a certain stage in our lives we learn to say "what the heck" or "oh well, not my problem" to a few things and just be who we are. Hopefully the reactions, if any, are more positive and far less adverse when you make it happen again.

I find that after an extended time as Sallee The dressing grows old. I still enjoy and do continue to dress sometimes but after 3 or 4 days of 24 hr dressing I need a break to get the thrill back. I do find that I get vary comfortable in Sallee mode and can go about anywhere with out fear or even thinking about it. I kind of forget that I am in girl mode.
    I have stayed in girl mode for probably a week and tehn enjoyed being a guy again.
    I like be able to be fluid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Lifetime TGirl
    Some years ago I worked away from home 5 days a week for over a year and so I rented a house rather than spend time in various hotels.
    It had two bedrooms and I established my femme self in one of them. This allowed me to put all my clothes and shoes away properly into drawers, wardrobes, and so on for the first time ever. I cleaned and ironed everything, much improving my appearance when dressed. I kept this room locked when anyone visited, telling them it was the landlords store.
    For most of the time I worked from home fully dressed as Georgia and so my moring routine was much the same as any woman's. But I found that the novelty of spending an hour on my makeup each day soon wore off and I drastically reduced this to a quick application of light foundation and blusher and often no lippy.
    I also found it too uncomfortable to wear my hip and bum pads and corset every day, even though it is these items that transformed my shape into that of a female.
    Eventually I became happy with simple clothing much as most women wear each day at home. Tights, dress or skirt. Simple top or tee shirt, but always with a bra and forms and wig. My nails were always painted too. I found this was enough to make me feel very computable in myself, and much more so than when I am in drab.
    I dressed like this every day without exception unless I was expecting a visitor, or knew I had to be on Skype, although often I simply claimed my camera was playing up.
    These days I am at home and my clothes are back in sports bags locked in a cupboard in my office. I only get to be me when I am away on business.

Reading Georgia's post made me think about the times I've spent time away from home, usually a week each year, where I've been able to dress 24/7. My next trip I think will bring up the dozen and in truth I'm really looking forward to it.

I attach my forms and tuck for the entire time. One of the things I love most is waking up and from the moment I get out of bed I'm in femme mode. As others have said it can get a little tiresome having to do the shaving, makeup etc but the rewards of being able to go out and mingle with the muggles are worth it. That said at the end of the week there's that bit of me pleased to be returning to drab and the other bit wishing to do it more often.

One of the things I do to remain motivated is seek out new experiences. In the past this has been things like traveling on public transport, going to the cinema or dining out. On my tick list this year is a fitting for a new wig. The cherry on the cake though has to be meeting other CD'ers. Being able to talk to others who've shared the same experiences, fears, triumphs even for a few hours makes what we do feel truly normal.

Veronica you haven't said if you go out but I'm reading it as not. I must admit that in the past being able to dress for extended periods but having not yet ventured out maintaining focus became ever more difficult. There's only so much mixing and matching you can do while confined within 4 walls and stay on song. Keeping a photo record isn't a bad idea as well as a diary of your thoughts and emotions. And of course there's makeup. Periods such as these are golden opportunities to improve, nay, perfect your makeup skills. There are so many online resources to cal upon it can only be time well spent.

I hope you're next home alone time goes swimmingly.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes I did ther same thing, under similar circumstances and loved it. The mjor difference was that I could openly hang my clothes in our walk in cllset and had drawers for small items. My big 7/24 experience was attending DLV, where I could dress 7/24 for a whole week.Again my wife was OK woth this.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    When I recently was home alone for 4 days I could have probably gone 24/7 but didn't.

Friday, went to a nearby town for shopping and a few errands, then put on a dress and did makeup in my car early afternoon and spent the rest of the night in girl mode.

Saturday, spent most of day with parents, came home and switched to girl clothes but didn't get glammed up until evening in a formal gown, then parents showed up knock at my door! After they left I had too much wine and ended up dancing in the backyard. Woke up in 4AM on couch a total mess.

Sunday, I slept in then visited parents and ended up helping my brother move furniture. I have no memory of what I did that night, I think I just put on some girl clothes and watched movies.

Monday, Last day, I got dressed early and went out to several places, bought gas. When I got home I changed back to normal and went cycling. Just girl clothes and netflix that night as well.

So I never spent a complete day as a girl. I think I may have visited my parents so much for an excuse to not dress if that makes any sense. When it was over I didn't miss the makeup, well I kind of did, and I didn't miss wearing my wig whenever I wanted, but I did miss just lounging around in a comfy nightie or dress.

well, I did the 24/7 thing back in the early 80's...for 5 years. Yes, I transitioned and lived full time as a woman with my wife (its a VERY long story). After a while the novelty wore off and you just wear what you need and let it go at that. makeup?...if I have to. Heels?...really?....ok. Bra?...had to..that why I transitioned as I had a chest sporting a full "C" (ok - B+). Anyway, yes you can "put on the Ritz" but it really required a reason at that point...

A lot of work travel back in the day, I was not able to be 24/7 but did manage 15 or 16 hours many days in a row... 24/7 is high on my long bucket list
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member
    I sleep in the nude. Otherwise, I'm fully en femme at home. So you might say I'm 24/7. My greatest 24/7 experience was at Diva Las Vegas last April. Wow, what a trip for me.

I’ve managed a couple of 24/7’s. It is lovely, and I’m about to get a chance to do another.

My wife and I are about to get on a plane and return home after a three week trip away. So from about midday Sunday through to Tuesday evening it will be skirts and dresses (fem jeans and blouse when at the dog park).

Michelle