Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your First Forays Into Dressing 24/7

Platinum Member
    In the past couple years, I’ve lived alone and have allowed myself the occasional all out weekend. Basically, I’ll shed the male trappings and spend the entire weekend as a woman, at home and around my little RV park neighborhood. But Monday mornings I retreat back to male mode.

beginning about 8 years ago, I started experimenting with dressing full time and interacting with the world, spending as much as two weeks straight as a woman. I did everyday activities, traveled, attended theater, and on a few occasions introduced myself anew to friends. I have to confess that I found it liberating and exhilarating.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I recently had the opportunity to dress 16/7 while my wife was away for three weeks. ( couldn’t dress during work hours but could underdress. I guess that counts.)

I did not get bored! I practiced my make-up nightly. Changed outfits 2-3 times a day during the weekends. Went shopping. Did all my household chores en femme.

It was wonderful. I may get another chance next month. What I will do different: plan a make over for the first day; take some time off work; buy all of my supplies early so that I’m able to maximize my Charli time. Hit up some of the places you girls have mentioned for shopping, maybe even plan an outing if any of the girls nearby are available. I’m determined to not stay house bound this time!

Hugs,
    Charli

So I have given this a lot of thought. While I feel me as a woman should represent a classy woman at all times (heels, make up and dressed well) I am starting to realize causal dressing is getting more appealing. I have only spent about 12 hours as Nicole I do think about 24/7. With that being said I think a nice part of tights, pink sweat shirt and tennis shoes sounds really fun.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwest862 View Post
    I recently had the opportunity to dress 16/7 while my wife was away for three weeks. ( couldn’t dress during work hours but could underdress. I guess that counts.)

I did not get bored! I practiced my make-up nightly. Changed outfits 2-3 times a day during the weekends. Went shopping. Did all my household chores en femme.

It was wonderful. I may get another chance next month. What I will do different: plan a make over for the first day; take some time off work; buy all of my supplies early so that I’m able to maximize my Charli time. Hit up some of the places you girls have mentioned for shopping, maybe even plan an outing if any of the girls nearby are available. I’m determined to not stay house bound this time!

Hugs,
    Charli
    Hi Charli...

While I don't wear makeup I hear you on ensuring any new items are in the house by the time these opportunities arrive. New blouses, skirts, other items. I, too, will try a few outfits per day to maximize the time depending on the activity. From blouse, skirt and heels for email, a uniform or mid-length dress for chores, pjs and robe for mornings and evenings, and some special items for those rare times when I really want to try something different. Dressing for the entire time really opens up those options.

Hi Veronica,
    I have had a few chances to dress for days in a row. It is always a little bumpy at first but as time passes I get more relaxed and get into a "normal" rhythm of makeup, clothes and chores. I also have a variety of outfits so I am not always dressing up for prom. I love the casual dress too. I do have a love of heels and nice bras so those are always on the list. I am just really grateful that I have a supportive spouse and have the opportunities to enjoy my life. Cheers.

I've had the opportunity to spend a few weeks 24/7 several times in the past. At other times, I dress every day, but usually not all day. Yes, it does become routine. (I love it being routine!) You still spend time applying makeup and putting together outfits, but when you're 24/7 it's just a necessary part of life, not a thrill. If I'm in a hurry, I can get out the door in 15 minutes, but 30 minutes is my usual. When I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me, it pleases me no end, but it's no longer a thrill. The woman looking back at me is the real me. That guy I see sometimes is someone I never really knew.

Sometimes I look down at my dress and think, "Yes, I'm a woman, and I can go wherever I want, and do whatever I want." I get immense satisfaction from this thought, but no thrills. And that's exactly the way I want it to be. Being a woman is just an ordinary part of my life, not a deep dark secret, not a departure from the norm, just part of my regular life.

I Had a very similar experience while I was watching the house for my family one time and it was so wonderful to see my stuff hanging in the closet my underwear and my drawers and sleeping enfemme. I long for moments like that

When I was working every year I would take one weeks vacation and dress for nine days. My wife approves so I would pack up my male clothing so all I would see is Lea's clothing. I usually did this in late fall so I could also shave my body hair off.

For me the third or fourth day was really nice. I would usually go from the excitement of being able to dress to the contentment of just getting dressed in my clothing. It just became a normal everyday part of life.

I did cheat a few times and take my wig off for a few hours. Bald may be beautiful but I am envious of those who do not need them.
    Last edited by Lea; 11-04-2018 at 12:22 PM.

I am in the start of the full dress sessions. Every year my wife visits her sister in CO. That gives me about two weeks to dress whenever I please. No, it hasn't gotten old. Yes, she knows and is ok with the dressing but it is nice not to worry about things. Great to do my nails (grow them out a bit for the week) daily and dress in all my outfits. I always have my stuff in the closet next to hers anyway. I am thinking (as I do each time she goes) to go online and get some new pretty stuff. Maybe tonight.

It’s been a lovely week.

My wife and I arrived home from our trip last Sunday morning. The only male clothing I’ve worn since then were my sneakers and hoodie when I walked our dogs. I’m still presenting as a male when out with the dogs, but am wearing fem jeans and a plain blouse.

Once home, get changed into something dressy, with my padded bra, hips and bum.

Five days in a row dressed! Not necessarily an achievement for some here, but my best effort to date.

Small steps like this help both me and my wife.

Michelle

Oh dear, Dez.
    I just spent a good deal of the summer, over 6 weeks, home alone without my "adult supervision" [wife gone to the east coast residence]. I'll let that sink into your imagination for a while. I was home alone and my DADT, not-enthusiastic but beloved partner was gone. For over 6 weeks. I used it well.
    The first thing I did was tow my boat 2000 miles across country to a place in the Carolinas. Thank God, back to the sea. I made the drive in my pick up truck entirely en femme. I am here to tell you that a maxi skirt and (just) panties is the coolest way EVER to make a long interstate highway drive.
    Next, I flew home (to Colorado) en femme. I had myself made up at the airport mall beauty store, as I had a long lay over. That was another great experience.

Almost immediately upon returning home, it was Pride Week. After I took care of my daily and weekend duties of Real Life, I participated in a few Pride events and got out (en femme, of course).
    I pretty much did everything en femme that I would do in real life dressed in drab or any mode for that matter. I did almost all my shopping en femme; the grocery, Walmart, Target, the mall. Went out to eat, both sit down and some fast food indoors. Ran a few other errands en femme, and attended a MLB baseball game en femme.
    I lived the dream for over 6 weeks. I loved and absorbed every hour of it. Never once ashamed or inhibited. The experience was positively liberating.
    At the end of it, I took my [Colorado] grandchildren with me to the Carolinas and my other residence. We spent time on the beach and on the boat. We had a great couple of weeks with ALL my grandkids in one place. When it was time for the kids to begin school, we all flew back to Colorado; me, my wife and 2 grandchildren.

It's been a great summer in that respect.
    It's been tough giving it up and resuming my drab mode life after living the dream for weeks. It felt so comfortable. So natural and real. It got so that i didn't think about "dressing". I just put on some clothes (and my wig), and often with little or no make up to go out of the house. I just loved living en femme 24/7 for an extended time.
    Gradually..... I'm gradually getting there; to where I wish to be. I'm in gender therapy now. I can go slowly and let my transition fade into me. No need to rush things.
    Last edited by IleneD; 08-24-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Being single sucks at times but at least it means I can dress how I want to whenever I want to.

I don't think I could honestly say I spend 24 hours a day or seven days a week dressed in female attire but it has to be the majority of the time. Unless I am meeting up with family or friends (I'm not out to them) I will always have a bra on, and I wear panties all the time. In the house it will always be skirts and tops or dresses. Out shopping it will always be women's jeans or shorts - and for my walking this summer I have been wearing a skort.

As I can please myself I think the trill of wearing feminine clothes has worn off to a certain extent and now has just become a part of who I am. Like anything that is restricted you always crave for it, but once the restriction is removed it no longer has the same effect. For me putting on a skirt in the morning is as natural as putting on a pair of jeans.
    Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Lacey View Post
    what things did you notice the first time or two that you did this?
    It wasn't the first time; Because that was when I was pretty young, and I only had a brief occasion to do it, so I was more focused on when one of the other family members would come home.
    It was in my teens. At that point, I was still trying to understand exactly how a girl felt during a normal day. So it included all the little inconveniences that came with the clothes and behaviors. A bra that feels so good to put on, can become a bit annoying if it doesn't fit just right, as well as if it slides into the wrong position and you can't just pull and push everything because real girls don't do that in public. Same with the hair; in my teens I had long hair, and tried to style it like the girls did, using barrettes, bobby pins and clips to keep it all in place. I never did get the skill of braiding my own hair evenly.
    I think the most significant thing to deal with, was how much trouble it was to get so undressed just to go to the bathroom, because I used to wear one of those all-in-one briefer panty girdle things that zipped up and had garters for the stockings, too. Wearing panties and undoing the eye hooks on the tab that connected front to back in the crotch, doing 'my business', then having to readjust everything several times during the day was an adventure that first all day time!
    The next would be years later, I tried to wear a pair of six inch heels all day long. Man, they could use that trick to get prisoners to give up their secrets it hurt my feet so much. Didn't help, of course, that I was wearing shoes two sizes too small because there simply weren't any size 15 girl shoes for men back then.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    When young I did it often. I passed and when I learned that I could go out during the day and pass while shopping except for work I spent most of my time as a girl. I made friends with several girls and went shopping with them.

Over the years I've lost my fem face, but I wear women's clothes full time. I nor the women my age wear dresses so I wear pants, shorts, jeans as they do. I also wear women's tops. I get some looks but nothing serious.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    It has been great to read what many of you have experienced in the way of longer dressing sessions or simply every day dressing. Many posts validate my own thoughts that I truly wish that wearing women's clothing were as natural a thing as wearing male attire: you wear what pleases you on the day or what suits the occasion as you see fit.

It would be a wonderful arrangement if I could wear femme attire at home almost all the time and simply choose male attire for outside the home; this would be my perfect comfort level. I do not feel like a woman displaced in a male body so I am happy to be a male in public and experience more of my female side in private with no goals of changing that. As some have commented, having such attire as a regular part of life would mean not even blinking an eye about donning panties, skirt and top or a dress as a normal thing, without conscious thought. This is what I hope for should it ever be a possibility.

Thanks so much to all of you for sharing; please continue to share if you wish.

Veronica.

I'm experiencing a full weekend of dressing. It's nice to be able to hang my dresses and skirts in full view in the closet and keep my wigs and makeup on the bathroom vanity. Wearing a nightie to bed each night is an added pleasure.

at my boyfriend flat,I had dress as a girl one night ,but tonight he ask me dress for him as girl as to go out like boyfriend and girlfriend and ihave do so 24/7
    emmajane

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    I have a very supportive wife, and work from home most of the week. So I can dress as much as I want to. When you dress to the nines several days in a row, it is nice to just put on a pair of jeans, a top, and some flats. I don't (yet) go out in public. That will come, eventually. When I do long dressing excursions, I find myself, at times, looking forward to getting back into guy mode.

After a complete makeover I spent three days as a woman and the thing I noticed the most is how my hands felt after wearing two inch nails 24/7 for three days, that and how feminine my walk was afterwards, it was almost hard to walk flat footed afterwards. It was a fun time however, loved waking up in my silky nightgown, shaving my legs in a soft bubble bath. The perfume, the clothes..........

The first time 24/7; wow. Not exactly '7', but for a weekend, that was a long time ago. Probably when I was initially moved out of my parents place, and sharing an apartment with another guy. He went on vacation to the Caribbean, for a few weeks. So on my weekends off, I dressed up and slept that way, remaining dressed as a girl all weekend.
    The first time I was able to do it for 7 (and more) days in a row was maybe when I broke my leg and was home alone for an extended period. Girly on crutches.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-01-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm a little different in that the most I can stand to stay dressed is about 7 hours, then I just want to get back to being a boy!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I've never had the opportunity to dress for a week or longer, but several times 4-5 days have been possible. For me, it does not get old. Rather, I have been left strongly wishing for more, especially the unconstrained opportunity to dress or not, full makeup or not, to come and go as I wish. Sadly, that will never happen. My wife does not understand or approve, so opportunities are few and far between.

The worst aspect of dressing completely multiple days in a row, for me at least, has been the need to shave more closely than normal every day. That's a bit hard on the face. Makeup (which I love) covers visible problems, but does not repair the scraped skin. So, some days I don't go out, staying at home partially dressed without shaving. Likewise, use of forms nonstop for several days can cause my chest skin to become red with irritation that persists for a day or so. The forms and my chest need to be cleaned with soap daily and dried very well to prevent this. In summer, the situation is worse than in cooler seasons.