This weekend, Rachel and wife went out of town....
About 10 years ago we went out to the local gardens, it was nice and relaxing but not her "thing"
Since then she said if we ever went together it would have to be out of town.

Well this weekend we went out of town, visited a family restaurant for a coffee break, half way in to our 4 hour trip

I'm used to people looking, smiling, chatting to me

Wife found it un-nerving people looking and smiling at her, she felt like she was being judged and was pacing around the till area where others were getting takeout like a wild lioness caught in a cage.

She apologised later for not sitting with me and I apologised for talking her into to being part of my other life.
Luckily I had the foresight to order take away coffee, she did a quick photo for my blog.

She mentioned we could go somewhere more private/scenic for a photoshoot, but seeing her that way wasn't right, so we continued our journey.
I did a car change 30 minutes later, she "supervised" the removal of my make up, reminded me of my mum wiping my face hard after a meal when I was 6 years old, funny, but not what our relationship should be about

I'll never be in girl mode in public with her again and we're both okay with that.