Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your drive to dress increase with your stress level?

Does your drive to dress increase with your stress level?

Hi everyone! Its Charlotte again!

I've been thinking about this just today.
    While I've always known that dressing was a way for me to relax and escape the daily grind/so to speak, i think ive come to realise that my drive to dress might actually increase the more stressed out I get all together.

Today was really stressful and I noticed that as a result I couldnt stop thinking about dressing and building my fem repetoire as a result.
    I physically could not get my mind off of it and onto anything else!

But as soon as my shift was over and i got ready to leave, i noticed it subside a bit.

Im curious as to whether any of you have noticed something similar yourselves.

With that said, i think ill prepare some tea once i get home. <3
    Last edited by Charlotte-Jones; 08-07-2018 at 03:01 PM.

I think it's more the other way round for me.
    I tend to feel stressed sometimes because i don't have opportunity for CDing. Put on some femme things at home and i feel more relaxed again, just being me.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I guess there is a feedback loop in there somewhere because that definitely is a factor for me now that you mention it. :/

That was my reaction years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know it's been on here before but that's why nearly wear my panties under my jeans all the time. It has helped me when I can't dress. Just knowing they are there and feeling the smoothness helps with the stress of not getting to dress.

The more I am stressed the more I want to dress.
    I don't dress as much as I would like because of my wife. She is supportive and doesn't mind seeing me dressed, but not everyday. I wear panties 24/7, but only dress a couple times a week.

Actually for me it was the opposite.
    The more stressed I was at work and such the less I felt the need. It was primarily because I just couldn't enjoy the time I had while dressed if I went into it stressed out. I needed to calm first or things just didn't work.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't think my level of stress dictates how badly I want to dress. I do know that going out dressed is still stressful to me, rather than relaxing. This is simply due to not having enough exposure to get over the fear. This is something I hope to start overcoming in September, after moving to Las Vegas.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Read only
    I think it all feeds upon itself. I've always felt a need to escape stress. Some escape stress with alcohol. Some use drugs. Some step outside for a smoke. There's a reason why C-rations had a small packet of four cigarettes in them....stress relief. If you can enjoy the thing which relieves stress you indulge. If that is not readily available the cravings increases. Sometimes it is akin to an addict looking for the next hit.

Before I retired and stress built up I had little opportunity to escape into my other personna. Drove me to distraction. I grabbed for any crumbs of time....my next hit. Now as a retiree who is debt free I have greatly reduced stress. I do not experience the overwhelming need to escape from anything. In my dry spells of letting Stephanie take over I am content to bang away on this key board, peruse women's attire offerings and indulge myself with feminine purchases.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Stress can bring on or increase my urge to dress, or reduce it. After a rough day, etc. it really calms me down to put on a pretty skirt or dress. If the stress is too great, it has the opposite effect. I can get so worked up that I have no desire to do anything, let alone look pretty.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I love the feeling of putting on a pair (or two) of hose. It really brings down my anxiety level. But then going out in public gets me anxious all over again! Something about the rush is worth it though!

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Stress can bring on or increase my urge to dress, or reduce it. After a rough day, etc. it really calms me down to put on a pretty skirt or dress. If the stress is too great, it has the opposite effect. I can get so worked up that I have no desire to do anything, let alone look pretty.

This resonates with me. The bus driver skipped my stop and I had to walk a great distance to get home.
    By the time I got home, I was so upset that I actually never got dressed.

I think it may increase with stress but going home, taking a shower and slipping into a pretty pair of panties can do wonders for reducing stress.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 08-07-2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Add a word

Depends on the day, but for a long time, it was most of the times I felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    I know it's been on here before but that's why nearly wear my panties under my jeans all the time. It has helped me when I can't dress. Just knowing they are there and feeling the smoothness helps with the stress of not getting to dress.
    That's me. I'm underdressed, even if just a little bit, almost all the time. It's way to hang onto something feminine when I can otherwise. Now... that's not the same as dressing as an antidote to stress. I know that there are many who do that very thing, so there must be something to it. There was a time when I would have told you the same thing. Now, it feels like I'm just more normal when I'm dressed. I don't know. Maybe that's the same thing.

My need to dress increases when everything is going well in my life and I am a bit bored. If I am stressed, I am too focused on solving whatever the issue is that has me stressed to enjoy dressing.
    Phoebe

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Charlotte...

Dressing for me is a hobby. Hobbies tend to be activities that enlighten, entertain, pleasure or interest the hobbyist. When feeling stressed it seems rather natural to think of activities that bring you comfort, joy, pleasure. Some people think of having a beer when stressed. Going for a run. An extreme sport. Yoga. Craftwork. Eating. You put on a dress.

On the flip side, sometimes not being able to find appropriate or adequate time to don the fineries used to generate some stress. Go figure?

I'm with Cheryl - when I get stressed out at work, dressing up is actually the farthest thing from my mind.

- Diane

stressed, when not focused on a project, then yes, CDing is a good release.
    If I'm stressed on a project, then completing the project winds me down.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

No. When stressed, working my way through the problem/issue releases the stress. I tend to dress more when I don't have stress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

In Marketing classes in college, I learned that department stores and women's apparel retailers thrive on women's need to shop to relieve their stress. I find that to be true, even in my retirement. Whenever there's a lot of family things going on and I don't get the opportunity to be Donna enough, my stress builds and builds, then gets expensive as I go on a shopping spree as calm permits me the oppotrunity to do!

I do what I can to avoid stress but sometimes I pick a bad hiding spot. I don't recall an increased desire to dress during those times.

My drive to dress is ever present so if it was relates to stress I should be a basket case by now.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte-Jones View Post
    The bus driver skipped my stop and I had to walk a great distance to get home.
    Did you challenge him about this?
    I used to have a short attention spa

I discovered long ago, that I subconsciously repressed my desires to crossdress or indulge in feminine behaviors or thoughts in any way. This apparently worked well enough, that I had stopped crossdressing for a very long time. However, when my life became filled with other stressful problems, the desire to crossdress returned with a vengeance, and it was either crossdress or become very short tempered, irritable, bordering on violence. Turns out that our minds can only manage to do so many things at any given time; when overloaded with too much, well, something's got to give. And that, for me, was crossdressing.

Think of it like your computer; it does lots of things in the background, while you're web browsing, doing video file conversions, downloading, etc.. If you ask it to do too much, well at least one of those things will have to be stopped. And so it is with our own minds. At least for me, a certain amount of 'cpu time' was being used to keep the desire to crossdress out of my conscious mind. When overloaded with other stressful things, well, my mind couldn't hold back those thoughts anymore too, so the crossdressing desires came back.

I spent much of the 80's in good relationships with women. Plenty of sex, romance, my jobs were good, everything was fine. I wound up getting married. Still everything was fine. Several years into the marriage, I lost my job, had to take another at about a 40% cut in salary, AND go back to school. In short order, I was overstressed, overworked, and surprise surprise, the desire to crossdress came back, too. I really, really thought that I had 'beaten it'. That it was just something that I grew out of. I had no idea that I was subconsciously holding this desire to crossdress in the back of my mind.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

duplicate.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-13-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: duplicate
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.