Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don’t have a female alter ego

I would not say that I have an alter ego. Rather Mandy and Mark both exist with in me. Mark is very manly working on cars and riding off road motorcycles. Mandy on the other hand is fem. loves to shop and cook and hang out with friends. One cant take the others place and both are needed for me to express my self.

Mandy

I don't have one either. Asew is just a name I used for video gaming where I always chose a female character if possible. But for me I was never trying to be a woman.

Ok. I wouldn’t say I have an alter ego. I just have a name I use for en femme. I just think it feels weird to see a woman being called by a very exclusive male name. In my mind my name doesn’t define me. It’s just a word/label that I respond to. I don’t think personally that any name defines any person. When I was younger (early twenties) I looked very much like a girl even my hands were very dainty. I have been very sad as I have aged I have grown to Beverly much more male in my build.

I used to video chat while playing games and I would use my ‘female name’ since I presented myself as female.
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure if an alter ego is the inevitable outcome of living in a DADT situation , she only comes out of the closet when no one else is around .

Could the alter ego also be part of mild GD , bringing the two together brings some peace and comfort ? I've kept it simpler to deal with by adopting a female name derived from my male one , the more I dress the easier it gets to slide from one to other , at some point I may just find I haven't gone back , I'm considering using Terri as I progress , it's not because I want to hold onto the male side , I have to accept it has it's uses sometimes , I just want to be me but in a more female form for the time being I accept I have an alter ego .

My alter ego is Bobbi the woman that so wants to be more out than I am at the moment, this hot weather has been a bit of a downer in a way.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

No alter ego here either. Just happy to be me. I exist, therefore I am.

Picked a mostly female name because I was a sheep. It was my name, had I been born a girl. Laziness prevents me from changing it to something I prefer.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Diane is just a part of me, not a separate entity, though I understand why people might use such a term to describe their femme self. Right from the earliest days I had a name, I think it was something silly like, 'if I was girl my name would be..', and I chose a name I liked.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its different for everybody so its whatever that person wants it to be.
    You don't have to have an alter ego if you don't want one. There are no right and wrong ways to do what we do.

I don't have a fem alter-ego. As a miad i think genderblurred is the closest description i have found yet. As my signature states, i'm somewhere in-between. It's still me inside however i am dressed, just sometimes happier and more relaxed.
    My choice of a fem name is mainly for anonymity at this stage, altho i do really like the name anyway. (The name is nothing to do with hair-straighteners btw! )
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

For me its just an anonymous sudonym. I dont think of myself as being Clodagh, and when people address me as Clodagh online it feels a bit weird.

for me it does feel like an alter ego lol sometimes at least since once i get my makeup on and put even just the wig cap on its it for me 😆. but yea i understand what some people are saying it’s just a part of their normal personality. i find myself slipping feminine gestures sometimes at work and in public though but o well i’ll embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bridget View Post
    I don't either. My name here was just randomly picked so I didn't have to use my real one.

I don't change my personality or voice when dressed either. It's still just me, only in a dress and wig.
    ^this. When I first came here, it seemed everyone had adopted a female name for themselves, so I did the same. For about 99% of us, there is no 'alter ego'. It's all just us. What you commonly see when someone refers to themselves in third parson as a female name, is their attempt to distance themselves from the female behavior and feelings, most likely because they were brought up to believe that for a boy to be feminine in any way, was the most terrible thing he could be; so it's pretty natural for us to develop some psychological mechanisms to protect our minds from the conflicts that might result from admitting that we do, indeed have feminine thoughts, feelings and inherent behaviors which have become natural to us.

Call me Lexi, Alex, whatever. Just don't call me late for dinner.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't have a female alter ego. I'm female all the time. My apparent "male side" is just an act to keep up appearances.

Hello,
    I don't ave a femme name or alternative personality. I am not trying to imitate a woman; I just like cross-dressing.
    My pseudonym is male.
    I am me in a dress or not in a dress.
    We are all different, which is what makes this site so helpful and interesting,
    luv J

Aspiring Member
    I don't have a female alter-ego either.
    I don't have a need to use a female name, and my personality doesn't change when I crossdress.
    I am the same person independent of how I dress. It's just who I am.

I don't have a femme alter ego, persona, etc. My handle here is a play on my wife's name.
    I am not trying to BE a woman. I DO enjoy dressing the part when I can.

I'm another with no female alter-ego.

Name is a slight modification of a given name, and I'm always a man in a dress/skirt/bra/slip.

I merely quite enjoy dressing in what are considered womens' clothes.