Thread: Even defending when innocent

Even defending when innocent

I need half an hour to clear everything when I get off this site in case someone uses my IPad. Tonight I was relaxing and laying on the couch and my daughter got my IPad and she started laughing and said " ha ha dad, the IPad follows and when I searched it brought up skirts, are you looking for a skirt dad"??
    I had to think alittle and then I told her to get her mind out of the gutter and stop coming to conclusions. I told her if she reads the search she will also see the model of my car because I went to the mechanic on Saturday and he broke the lower part of the side when he was driving the car on the hoist. He said he would pay to fix it and I was searching for the piece and it is at time called a skirt. She said oh! and she apologized.
    Just curious has anyone else been accused and had to defend of something when being innocent.

Maria, It’s kids being kids. You handled it well but just remember it is in the back of her head. It would be great if you could tell her yes I’m checking out skirts but for most of us that’s not an option.
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had to do that a lot (weekly) with both of my marriages. Got accused of so many things I never did.
    I just stopped even trying so I started doing what I was being accused of.
    I still got accused of it but I was having more fun.

That was always a worry with my daughter until I finay.came.out to her and now it's not a problem.

Maria, you should browse in private mode, then you don't have to clear your history.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I tend to not offer any information, I let people believe what they like.

Fortunately no one else uses my computer although I do maintenance in case I lose it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

“Yes, I was, a ‘skirt’ part for a car.” Add a smile at the end.

A very verbose or elaborate justification (true or not) is often an indicator of something to hide. An astute adult would likely make note of that. A trained or very curious person would pick another time to figure out the deception.

Of course, if you were in full-on “story-mode” then it worked fine. Hard to know without being there.

Sorry, I was channeling Columbo for a few minutes. 😁
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Back in the early 90's, I was working on a project (the details are irrelevant) and two of my main searches were related to Compact Discs and TeleVision... do the math...

So glad you weren't looking for a bra for your car.

LaurenS, I was really honestly looking for a "car side skirt" Google it

Use Firefox as your main browser. you can easily clear your browsing history after each session. It is just a matter of one or two clicks.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I agree with LaurenS, your explanation was rather elaborate. A more normal parental response would have been to grunt and ignore the question.

At least subconsciously, your daughter now knows that an innocent question about your possible interest in skirts elicits an unnecessarily lengthy explanation, and I don't think you have to be a detective to start to put two and two together...
    I used to have a short attention spa

i actually think it was very quick thinking and a clever answer Maria... your daughter will have no suspicions ....
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I don't think that anyone here seems to realize that I was really looking for a "car side skirt" there was no fast thinking or anything, I wasn't looking for a women's skirt. My daughter could think whatever she wants I wasn't covering for anything or fast thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    LaurenS, I was really honestly looking for a "car side skirt" Google it
    Oh, I wasn’t arguing with you. I know that is what you were doing.

just pointing out that a long-winded explanation CAN make it appear there is something to hide. In your case, you had something to hide, AND you were being truthful.

The whole thing is a funny coincidence!

Maria,

You've just given me another reason NOT to buy an iPad. Half and hour???? With my Android tablet it's click an icon, clear history, confirm Yes/No job done, 10 seconds.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

get the firefox focus app for your ipad, i swear apple makes things more tedious these days....

oh i believe you when you say you weren't looking for skirts...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Use Firefox as your main browser. you can easily clear your browsing history after each session. It is just a matter of one or two clicks.
    I totally agree. However, what do I do with the twenty or so Xerox boxes of feminine attire stacked in the easily accessible storage room? What do I do if my wife were to go to sites as JCP.com or Macy's.com and see prior order history for all those undergarments; bras, panties, slips, girdles, hosiery?

You had a good retort to a situation. I just like having my history deleted when closing a session.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I strongly dislike lying, Maria. If I did that with my kids, I would lose their respect and mine, too!

I think I would simply have NOT answered her. Maybe just laffed it off!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hope my response is not leading everyone to think your response was fabricated. That was not my intention, and I get that you were really looking for a skirt for a car, like a fender skirt.

I sure don’t want to contribute to the negativity sometimes displayed here.

For the last time, Maria was not lying!

It is so easy to just skim a story and hastily come to exact opposite of what the writer intended.

Sorry, Maria