Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pantyhose layering

I've seen photos of Playboy Bunnies from the 60s & 70s who did it. And I don't think anyone can question the looks of their legs!

Lacy PJs

I haven't tried layers yet, but thought of trying mesh or fishnets over colored tights. I also want to try cutting one leg off a ripped pair of tights and use it with a different colored pair to have 2 different colored legs. I remember a girl in high school (a long time ago) that wore tights with one red leg and one black leg the school colors.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Someone said GG's don't do it, however, I have seen it, especially in winter. Some performers do it so if they get a run it won't show as bad.
    In the 80's it was a thing to do neon tights with black capri tights, or fishnets. Or you could go neon over black.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Sarah, a dude or duddette would do that for a variety of reasons, some as I described and others as Sherry has. Some are not equipped physically with skin color, and texture, how to make good clothing choices, colors, fabrics, etc. that seem to work so well from many cis-women. I did it to utilize the tights that I had and the need to soften and alter a little the stronger base colors of each tight. It worked for me on a cold winter night next to the ice skating ring in Union Square in downtown San Francisco. I would not do it in warmer weather/Most of us, including yourself have gone through learning curves, some more successful than others. Most women don't wear breast forms either, even if they are as flat as a pancake, similar to a very close cis-woman friend of mine. Yes, some of them may wear enhancers, or even forms if they had breast cancer like my daughter in-law.
    Color me corrected, I did this once the only time I have ever worn fishnets in the wild. But that is kind of apples and oranges to the OP premise of being all about sensations and I simply replied in a "when in Rome..." manner.

Most women won't wear one layer of pantyhose, let alone two. Every day I find myself more distanced from the layering fur-coverers but I can relate because I've been there, even though to be completely honest I can't relate any longer. But seriously, I don't see the point of two, let alone three (gasp!) layers. It does zero for me and I and voiced as such.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Los Angeles? I hope you had your air conditioning cranked up. Two layers of hosiery in hot and humid weather? Get that razor going.

I like the idea of layering tights over a bodystocking. I have always layered pantyhose over another pair. Throwing on a pair of thigh highs into the mix sounds even better.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    This is just weird. I thought M2F crossdressing was to emulate a woman. Show me one wiith more than one pair of these things on at the same time.
    If this is a leg hair covering thing then grow some and just shave it off. You'll be dead one day and the last thing you'll think is why didn't I shave my legs even though I wanted to?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I believe I've tried this once or twice (behind closed doors, mind you), way back when... Just, because? To see what it was like?

However, I've also done it seriously a few times, while out & about in public. Namely, black fishnets over nude hose.

My legs were shaved & everything, but I had tried just the fishnets, and it simply didn't look as good as it did with the nude hose, IMO.

I do it when I put fishnet pantyhose over normal pantyhose, otherwise, no.

hello,
    in the past I remember buying a pair of fishnet tights and a pair of opaque coloured tights packaged together sole to be worn layered.
    luv J

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    This is just weird. I thought M2F crossdressing was to emulate a woman. Show me one wiith more than one pair of these things on at the same time.
    There is so many variations of and reasons to crossdressing, not just limited to emulating a woman. I could care less if a women doesn’t do this or that. If I like or love it, I am going to do it!

I only have worn one. I don't understand why you would want to unless you are trying to hide leg hair.
    Amanda

In all honesty I do not like panty hose and prefer thigh highs. I find panty hose too difficult to put on without causing a run that destroys the look, and going to the bathroom is more difficult. I have not yet tried colored leggings and they do not really fit my dressing style. But that is just me.

Everyone’s dressing style is unique to them. Some people love pantyhose, others like things like corsets. For some of our crossdressing started as a clothing fetish and developed into more.

I have worn pantyhose with thigh highs. I love wearing both, double the pleasure.

Yes ive seen younger women doubling up pantyhose for contrast of colours. I havent tried it but will try it to see what it feels like. I layer panties sometimes for a slightly fuller rear when wearing certaing skirts or trousers.

About the closest thing I've done was wear bright colored tights underneath fishnet pantyhose. Nothing fetish-like, but it was a nice look with a knee-length skirt.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I remember I actually have layered PH before and its extremely hot so save it for the winter.
    I think it was for a party of some sort and being in the summer it was so hot I was miserable.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-03-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Women don't do this sort of thing, why would a dude do so unless it was to cover up leg fur? And I have a solution for that, a razor!!!
    I'm not in to it but I understand people into DRAG do it to not so much to cover up fur but to hide hip padding for especially relieving costumes - think a Playboy Bunny, Hooter Girl, Rockette, etc.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I only do this to keep my legs warm in the winter.
    Giggle... I was thinking that same thing but not layers. I like bare legs in warm weather and only add hose when required to keep warm.

I do the two pairs of pantyhose method all the time (Danskin in light toast plus whatever outer layer I feel like at the time). I mainly do it to cover the scars and blemishes on my legs but I also like the silky feeling too.

Bare legged is the way to go until it get's too cold and then it's a pair of tights. I do hope that those of you who have never shaved, epilated or waxed your legs have an opportunity to do so. Bare legs look and feel great!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I used to do it before I started shaving my legs, but not since. I never go bare legged as I love my tights and my skin isn't good enough to show off anyway.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Why layer PH why not just go out and buy a thick pair of PH? I have never layered and have no desire to and when its really cold I have a few pairs of 40D hose for those chilly days. Surely this is the answer?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    Shaving my legs is not usually an option for me, so two pairs does the trick of covering the hairs. In winter I can get away with one thicker pair.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    This is just weird.
    Oh how I bristle at that word, "weird".

Granted one of the definitions for the word includes "out of the ordinary course, strange, unusual; hense, odd, fantastic. (1820)"

But the present societal meaning tends towards "undesirable".

I prefer, "different."

I thought M2F crossdressing was to emulate a woman.
    *Nods*

But in what style, from what period, or location. So many things to consider.

Care to be an French Maid, a Southern Belle, a 60's era Go-go Girl, Renaissance Princess, Bavarian Beer maiden, 80's Rocker girl... ooh the choices.

If I wanted to dress as a cheerleader, how long should my skirt be? Depends. Are we talking modern Dallas Cowboys, or 1940's High School? Is a skirt even required?

Show me one with more than one pair of these things on at the same time.
    Might I suggest a trip to a Playboy Club, or Hooters, where the servers often wear 2 pairs in order to have a certain luster to their legs. Or an image search on Google for "sexy secretary stockings" a lot of layering GG's there. (Pantyhose OVER garter belt and stockings?!?! Different)

Certain fashions include colored hose or tights, under netted or mesh patterned hose for accent.

In various places of the World, "modern" (genetic) women seem to be shying away from hosiery towards what they perceive as comfort.

Can't blame them, but I don't personally agree, as is my right. To each their own.

If this is a leg hair covering thing then grow some and just shave it off. You'll be dead one day and the last thing you'll think is why didn't I shave my legs even though I wanted to?
    Leg hair covering, tattoos, spider veins, scars, prosthetics, support garments. If I tried really hard I'm pretty sure I could come up with some other reasons why those who wish to wear tights or pantyhose might be required to wear more than one to achieve the desired look.

Let's not forget those that just enjoy the feeling of nylons caressing their legs. The pleasure to be derived from a dress, skirt, trousers, or another live body, brushing against a covered leg. Why wouldn't they try out more than one pair that would continuously rub against each other and the wearer with each movement. Could be heaven for some.

As for terminal thoughts, I can't deny that SOMEONE in this great big world might think, "I should have shaved my legs." But there are much more important things of higher probability on any list I would care to create.

To any reading this, please enjoy your life. Live it in whatever way makes you happy so long as you hurt not yourself or others in the process.

Wear as many or as few layers of hosiery as you deem necessary for your intentions.
    ------------------
    Height: 6' 1.375"
    Weight: 178 lbs approx.
    Bust: 40.25", Band: 36", Waist: 34", Hips: 40", Inseam: 36"