Thread: Too pooped to dress

Too pooped to dress

My wife is out of town overnight and I was thinking oh all the dressing I might indulge in. So I did relax in my yoga pants and a fem top for a while, and then I wanted to make sure she knew I just didn’t dress the entire time. So I got in my grubs and proceeded on various projects around the house.

Well when evening came and I had planned to dress and maybe even go out for a drive, I was too pooped. I finally just threw on my sleeping (fem) t shirt and panties and hit the hay. I certainly wanted to enjoy my dressing time, but I just didn’t have the energy. Has this happened to any of you?

In the morning I’ll enjoy my breakfast with my casual fem wear, but there won’t be any heels or hose involved. Maybe a little makeup and lipstick. Like to see it on the coffee cup. Sigh.

Traci

It happens all the time. My mind does a cost / benefit analysis. I can stay in men's shorts or go put on a skirt, forms, bra, and blouse. Either way, within 30 minutes, I will be fast asleep in my leather recliner, television still on. More often than not, I don't bother.

I feel a bit like that at the moment, but if I want to get out I will just have to get dressed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sometimes u feel like a nut, sometimes u don't! Unless u dress compulsively, why would skipping a session be an issue?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can relate. I dress for me not because I have to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Traci, I have had nights where my step daughter is not in the house and have the ability to dress, and just turned the TV on and then went to bed as I'm spent.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Been there done that. Sometimes the anticipation of a dressing opportunity is greater than the actual act of dressing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

We all have nights like that where we don't dress, and other nights it seem to short .

But when I do, I really enjoyed it being alone in the house now.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Aspiring Member
    Perhaps this is more of an issue for those who can't dress whenever they want as a missed opportunity is a missed opportunity. If you can dress whenever you want, then knowing that you can is sometimes enough? It is for me. At the end of a busy day I sometimes feel that the effort / reward equation is in the negative and so don't.

Yes, most it is important to take care of your health by getting enough sleep.

Only happens to me in summer. The heat just sucks energy out of me and I don't want to sit sweating in a wig.

Thank you ladies for the responses. I don't feel so bad now for letting an opportunity slip by. Alas, I get very few times to dress and thus it hurts a bit not to utilize it. But I slept well in my fem wear and towards morning it dawned on me, pun intended, that I might be able to do this in the morning. Now I wouldn't be able to drive/leave the house. Neighbors everywhere and one of my wife's worst fears is the discovery that she lives with a crossdresser, however I have the energy now to do it. Alas, being retired makes that possible now as well, as damn work would have gotten in the way before.

So I promptly showered, shaved and dressed. First in all the undergarments and then jeans and a very pretty top that I love. Wig, makeup and I love it. Feels so good as I missed this in a while. Soon the jeans with pantyhose got a little hot and I switched to a dress, still with the hose. Oh, how much cooler! Makes me think about how it might be to just wear a dress all summer long with no hose. Would be really cool, as others have noted. So I sit here as dressed up writing this post. My wife will be returning at some time, so back to boy mode it will be. That's OK, I will cherish the short time I had and go forward. I wish I could come to an understanding with my wife about just allowing me a certain time to dress once in a while. She hates the whole CD thing so much that it is hard to discuss or deal with.

Attached is a photo I took. I realize I forgot to put my necklace back on with the dress and I sure wish I had my fingers painted, and I sure need hip padding. Oh, the wishes.........

Traci
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Been there done that. Sometimes the anticipation of a dressing opportunity is greater than the actual act of dressing.
    Agreed! And because my opportunities to dress are limited and sporadic, I sometimes find myself forcing myself to get dolled up because I don't know when my next chance will be. But I'm always happy I did, once I'm all dressed up

I have been thinking about dressing to hep relieve some stress but it has just been to hot. My make up would be dripping off. sometimes I have just to many things to do to bother getting all dolled up I certainly enjoy my girl time but if other things get in the way, like life, it just doesn't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    So I got in my grubs and proceeded on various projects around the house.
    Why not get yourself some feminine "grubs" like a GG would wear when doing those various projects around the house.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-09-2018 at 11:47 AM.