Thread: My first bra

Aspiring Member

My first bra

The first bra is an important moment as it marks one of the steps on the journey from the child to the adult. I'm sure that there are many GG out there who remember the experience, some of these memories will be good, some probably not so good. But what about us? I know that many of us started dressing at a an early age , I was about 4 years old when I first ventured into my mother's realm, and even at that age, I would put on a bra, quite simply because my mother wore a bra, and I was copying her. Anyway, as I grew older, I started wanting to have my own clothes, and the first one I collected was, my first bra. I suppose at this time, I would have been about 10 or 11, much the same age that girls were getting their first bra. I wonder if it was noticing that the girls of my own age had started to wear a bra, that prompted me to want one of my own? Anyway, as you can imagine, my experience wasn't the same as I expect it to be for many girls, when they head up to the shop in town, to be ritually measured and fitted, no, for me it was somewhat different. One day I was in my mother's room enjoying the feel of her clothes when I noticed that she had put a bra in the rubbish bin to be thrown out. I decided that I was going to have that bra and so, to cover my tracks, I earned some brownie points by emptying all the upstairs bins into the outside dustbin. Everything, that is, except the bra. That I kept. When I got it back inside I saw that she had discarded it because on of the straps had come adrift and needed to be sewn back, and so, after a quick repair, I had my own first bra. Does anyone else remember their first bra and how they came about getting it?

In my youth I would try on my mother's bras. As a young adult, I had a girlfriend who gave me a few of her old bras. But the first bra I paid for was picked out by the next girlfriend. It was white lace and came with matching panties. Wonder if I still have it...

As my dressing progressed, I wore a bra, but was not a “bra fan”. It was no big deal. Hose were #1. In the past 5-6 years, however, my love of bras and wearing a bra has almost become #1. I wear a bra most days, even running errands. Now, I feel uncomfortable when I’m not wearing a bra. My daily bras are a cups and fit quite nicely. I have my c cup underwires and forms for other occasions. I have a couple longline and strapless bras too. Ah, choices.

My first bra was not officially my first, because I bought it from Walmart without getting fitted for one. It did not fit properly, so I took it back.

Victoria's Secret sold me my first official bra after getting sized, and I got a bralette to go with it as well. This bra was one without wires and felt really good and made me look hot and sexy, although I do not mind the wired ones. I absolutely love wearing a bra and do not quite understand why some women can't wait to take them off, but I'll venture a guess that its cuz they have real breasts as opposed to me wearing breast forms.

hello Charlotte,
    I have had a few first bras. They got purged.
    Now I have quite a lot.
    luv J

Silver Member
    I don't remember exactly my first bra. I borrowed bras from my sisters. As they increased in cup sizes I received "gifts" of various bras.

A bra was the first item of female clothing I wore proper.
    It was also the first one I bought for myself.

I still remember walking home from work and feeling compelled to make the trek on foot to the department store after several times of shaking the urge when passing it by.
    I still have it even now.

Its a blue sports bra!

Gold Member
    Most of my early bra's where actually all in one long line girdles. It was then I went to long line bra's with a
    pantie girdle combo. Now it is just a Bra and panties.
    I have been wearing a bra 24/7 for over 5 years now. No one notices it, and I just do not feel dressed with out it.
    Rader

My very first bra ... I'm sad to say came from my friends mom when I was in 5th / 6th grade. Sad because, she didn't give it to me - you can fill in the rest. It was beige and had lace on the cups. After that one, I would raid the clothes bags that my sisters donated at the end of the school year.

The first one I purchased ... WalMart with my gf in high school. White, front close, lace back and on the tops of the cups, the same one my gf wore. We went back and I got it in beige/nude and black as well. We used to coordinate which bras and panties we wore, fun stuff.
    Haven't looked back since and now I have mine custom made from an online vendor.

Bras are awesome.

First sportsbra was purchased in a sports store. Then I went jogging in a park on a warm summer early morning, wearing only running shorts and this white top. Discovered the need to grow a visible 6-pack. I had only sportsbras, except I bought once an usual underwire bra that did not fit well (on my then flat chest) and was quickly purged. Some years after the largest purge from former gf, I bought a few new ones. Now have less than 10 and enjoy them during workouts.

I picked mine up in the street when I was ten, A always wonder about it's history it was a 32 A and white.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Been so long ago we don't remember. But the first "purchases" of new bras that weren't scrounged was in the 70s. Suppose that IF I had kept all the ones purged-out over the years--could open a lingerie store!! Oftimes have bras on here-- and when it gets cooler will wear them outside more. Toni G...

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    A white softly padded bra and a white cotton bikini cut panty at age 12 from Kmart. In October under the guise of Halloween
    Highly encouraged by my next older sister to have my own delicates to wear after her catching me in hers

My first bra Bought Was about 2 months after me in my wife had the talk Black with red lace Now I have more bras that my wife She says I'm addicted lol

My first bra, I bought it myself. It was too small even thou I was so excited to put it on.
    The next one I looked how to mesure myself and this one was overjoy.

Always had a bra on most days at home, wear it out sometimes since I'm not out fully dressed.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

The first bra was given to me by my gf, before I shipped out for tempory duty when I was in air force. Still have it fifty years later. Have been many since then.

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte , The first bra that I bought was from the old SS Kresge the fore runner of K-MART
    way ack in the very early 60's about $3.99, A 38-C and a couple of the foam rubber Falsies.

Now days at least 55years later if I hooked all my bras together they would probably
    reach all the way around the block. >Orchid 0..0..
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Does anyone else remember their first bra and how they came about getting it?
    My head was in a tizzy, my heart thundering when I purchased my very first bra. It had a plunging front-closure bra in all-stretch floral lace, front adjustable straps, seamless molded cups, and a front clasp closure. A truly magical time for sure!