Thread: Wife

New Member Read only

Wife

Hi. Wife and I have had the talk about my dressing several times. She says she's fine with it but not to push it. Doesn't want to go out with me dressed yet.hopefully in time. Must say it is getting harder and harder to control or hide.it has become me that's for sure. Just can't help feeling guilty or bad for my wife. Have to see where this all goes over time. Thanks for letting me vent

Banned Read only
    Welcome to the real world of married men who wear women's clothing. You are fortunate you have a tolerant wife. Just respect her feelings and boundaries.

Hi Danielle,

My wife and I have been working our way through this process for almost two years now so I understand where you're coming from. I will say that I understand your feelings of guilt and also that her request that you not push it is well worth paying attention to. I wish you the best of luck. The process with my wife has been slow and that can be frustrating at times but we are making progress and I feel confident that we will remain together and both be happy in the end.

Elizabeth

Every person, as well as relationship, is different. If you push it, you may push her away. From personal experience, time is great at moving the boundaries.

I understand where you're coming from, have a similar situation.
    It's a tricky balance to try and make progress, but still respect her feelings on the subject and not do too much too soon. I still worry that the next suggestion just might be a bridge too far, despite her tolerance.
    It's good to have this community to share feelings, even when it can't change anything. Hopefully things will improve for you over time.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Careful not to measure yourself or her by what you read on this board. Find what works for you and her without either of you having to live up to somebody else's standards and experiences.

We almost all have this situation to some extent. My wife is accepting of my feminine side and has bought me a few things and even given me some hand me downs from her closet. That said she jumps around on the line between acceptance and tolerance. Now don’t get me wrong I used to beleive I had absolutely no chance for any sort of acceptance. Would I like more, of course but I also do not want to lose what I have already.
    Just go slow and under no circumstances go and purge your things.
    Crissy

I agree with a previous comment you are lucky to have an accepting wife. I would continue and adhere to her ground rules

Danielle, you should be thrilled to death to hav the genie out of the bottle, even if your sife remains a little reluctant or seemingly non-supportive, at least you won't have to hide your feminine side quite as much. Just accept any limitations that she gives you and be careful to stay within them. Over time, things always change and, if your dressing doesn't create any problems for her, she will likely move a little more toward acceptance. Best wishes on you journey!

New Member Read only
    I'm more wondering if it's actually acceptance or tolerance. She has bought me outfits and shown me some makeup skills.

You are fortunate to have a wife that is at least making an effort to understand. Take things slow and keep communicating. Open and honest communication is important for both of you. Like others here have mentioned stick with your agreed to limitiations. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle722 View Post
    I'm more wondering if it's actually acceptance or tolerance. She has bought me outfits and shown me some makeup skills.
    Hi Danielle,

If she's doing things like that then I would definitely say it's beyond tolerance. I would call it acceptance or even being supportive.

Danielle At least your wife is somewhat accepting. You could be like some of here that are in a DADT type relationship oh she know what I am doing but doesn't want to know anything about it and yes I do want more but that isn't going to happen any time soon. but she has started to ask about me about which dress looks good on her or what type yesterday she asked about what kind of purse should she take on our vacation. lol I don't know anything about purse's cept they hold a lot of stuff so maybe there might be hope we shall see!!
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Your wife sounds accepting and supportive. Find the common ground. My wife is accepting and supportive but prefers not to see me dressed. We also agree no one in the family or friends need to know. She is fine with me going out to meet friends and TRUSTS me to be safe avoid places where I might be recognized. I respect all this and find time to dress up when it works and go out. I am sure my wife will never want to spend time with me dressed but she has seen me and has no problem with that. So I do not expect to go to Dinner or a show with her and IO do not lounge around the house. We spent time talking through it all and found what works. Has been working very well.

My wife is accepting of my crossdressing, but it didn’t happen overnight. We have been married for over 30 years, and she “discovered” some 20 year ago that I like to wear panties, which I accidentally on the floor in the bedroom. Over the years she became more understanding of my needs, initially allowing me to wear nighties to bed and panties at home. I now can fully dress at home and can undress when going out wearing panties, bra and camisole. As long as nothing lacy shows she’s okay. I knew she was full accepting when she came home one day with 3 bras. One for her, 2 for me. I’m a luck everything worked out

New Member Read only
    Oh I'm not complaining one bit!! Was just overthinking things I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle722 View Post
    hello Danielle,
    if you wife buys you outfits and helps with the make up that is beyond tolerance or acceptance - I would call it gentle encouragement.
    why not let he take the lead - don't push the boundaries and spoil it.
    luv J

J u s t t a k e i t e a s y and don't PUSH it or become impatient, you are doing well at the moment, I assure you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Danielle, you are in a good position, your wife has accepted your dressing. Maybe not to the level you wish she accepted, but she has accepted.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I just told my wife that I like to crossdress about 6 weeks ago. She kind of freaked out initially but has come around. Thought I was gay as I suppose most would do. I have been just taking baby steps and she hasn't seen me fully dressed yet. Her pace. To my total surprise she seems to be into it. She brings it up way more than I do. Wearing my clothes, wants my high dollar makeup, ok you can have it. She keeps talking about going out shopping with me. Planning a girl's night out soon. Totally have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Find her pace and don't push. Hold back and let her encourage you. Works for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Adams View Post
    I just told my wife that I like to crossdress about 6 weeks ago. She kind of freaked out initially but has come around. Thought I was gay as I suppose most would do. I have been just taking baby steps and she hasn't seen me fully dressed yet. Her pace. To my total surprise she seems to be into it.
    You can go out shopping together after you get your lip injections....

Gold Member
    My wife was OK with my dressing, but rule # 1 was do not leave the house dressed.
    Just go slow, I did, and was able to dress as often as I dared to, with no problems.
    In fact, My wife would find outfits for me to wear.
    I miss her very much.
    Rader