Thread: First week of Folklorama 2018 pictures

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

First week of Folklorama 2018 pictures

I love going to the various types of festivals enfemme and lucky for me Winnipeg and other parts of Manitoba has plenty to offer especially in the summer. We are in the middle of my favourite of all, Folklorama. It is a 2 week multicultural festival usually consisting of over 40 pavilions located all over the city. Each pavilion shares what their culture means to them with a show consisting of song and dance, sampling of their traditional cuisine and a cultural display.
    So far I have went to the Mexican pavilion (as Chantal), the Italian pavilion (as Jeff), the Chinese pavilion (as Chantal), and the Punjab (as Jeff). The first week worth of pavilions wrap up tonight and we plan to do the Greek pavilion and the Metis pavilion (going to be a last minute decision whether to go as Chantal or not due the extreme heat). If I do get prettied up today, I will share the pictures a little further into this thread.
    Here are the picture from the Mexican and the pictures from the Chinese with my friend Krystal (she is a pantyhose enthusiast, so always a great time showing our legs off in fine hosiery out n about!)

Banned Read only
    I love that dress. The colors are gorgeous. You wear it well. Who is the maker/label?

I am not sure who the maker is as I cut off the labels after the first time wearing the dress. I believe it was bought from the Canadian version of Amazon under the search of 50’s retro dress. I didn’t match it up with a crinoline for this outing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're miles ahead of me, Chantal! Our county fair, which is a huge affair, is blocks from our house. But, because I'm not out, I don't dare show up there or anywhere nearby dressed!

You're quite lucky to be able to go where u like when u like. Love to read/see your posts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I usually dress for fairs that are not local, the local ones I seem to shun as I have to work them anyway.

Other fairs can be tricky as there are operators there that move around and I may be recognised.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Chantal, great picture, looks like a fun time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Chantal,
    A really great post, love the pic's, looking really great as always.
    M...

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Looks like a fun festival. We attended Calgary two weeks ago and Canmore last week. Chantal, proud of you for going out. BTW, you look great and happy!
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great pics - love your outfit!

Thanks all,
    I am very thankful that I did not get prettied up for last night. The Greek pavilion had air conditioning, however the curling rink where the Metis pavilion was located in did not. The heat was so uncomfortable. So first pist is all I got tor pictures in this thread.
    Today is the start of the second half of the festival, I have 2 evenings planned for being prettied!

Sounds like a fun way to enjoy days as Chantal. Italian food, Mexican food, Greek food, omg...I can't resist so there goes the diet. lol

Karen

Chantal

Great photos and you look fabulous. Thanks for posting
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

The two of you are pitch perfect and you're stunning in that floral dress...perfect length and perfect shoes to match! Thanks for sharing your out and about adventure...I really wish I could get out of the house too!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg