Thread: I want to share this.. Don't we feel the same?

I want to share this.. Don't we feel the same?

I've been reading the novel "The sacred night" (La nuit sacree) of Tahar Ben Jelloun. A woman speaks about her life that, until her father was alive, was a man's life. Her father wanted a male heir, so she was grown as a man.
    These lines are about her first feelings of freedom in her feminine nature, some time after her father death:

I was in a wood. Nature was peaceful. I was taking my first steps as a free woman. Freedom, it was as simple as walking one morning and getting rid of bandages without asking questions to myself. Freedom was this happy solitude where my body gave itself to the wind, and then to the light, then to the sun. I took off my slippers. My fragile feet rested on sharp pebbles. I did not feel the pain. Arrived at a clearing, I sat on a clod of wet earth. Freshness went up in me like a pleasure. I rolled in the foliage. A slight dizziness crossed my head. I got up and ran to the lake. I did not know that behind the wood there was a lake and a spring of water. But my body welcomed new instincts, reflexes that nature breathed into it. My body needed water. I rushed off my gandoura and plunged into the lake. I never learned to swim. I almost drowned. I clung to a branch and joined the spring. There I sat down, giving my back to the powerful jet of cold, pure water. I dreamed. I was happy, crazy, all new, available, I was life, pleasure, desire, I was the wind in the water, I was the water in the earth, purified water, the land ennobled by the spring. My body was shaking with joy. My heart was beating very hard.
    I was breathing irregularly. I had never had so many feelings. My body that was a flat image, deserted, devastated, monopolized by appearance and falsehood, joined life. I was
    alive. I shouted with all my strength and without realizing it, I shouted, "I'm alive... alive! My soul has returned. She screams inside my ribcage. I am aliveā€¦ alive! ... "

Don't we feel the same? I do, somehow.

Mafalda
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Banned Read only
    Mafalda,

A simple thing like changing the style of our clothing can release so much inside us , I now see them as a window showing how I feel inside .

Clothing style isn't the total story , what she also describes is shaking off the male straightjacket she was forced to wear by her father . I'm sure many of us have had the feeling that we want to shout our feelings from the rooftops as she did .

Maybe it raises an interesting question for the forum of what do you feel you shake off the most from the male side when you dress ? Now I've posed that question I'm thinking what my own answer is . In one word I could say , " Freedom " but that one word covers a raft of reasons .

Lots of what is written here is very similar to how we feel.

Unfortunately, I have never felt this freedom in a feminine nature from putting on women's clothing. Maybe things would be different if I thought I was a woman or if I wanted to be one. Can't imagine what I am missing out on but I am sure her description does a good job. Thanks for the insight.

Such a beautiful passage Mafalda.....

Don't we feel the same? I do, somehow.
    I don't think I could ever truly feel the depth of what she felt but I understand it in the context of immersing myself in the feminine and the moments of exaltation and freedom I feel. For me I had a literal turning point that shattered
    so much of what I thought I knew about myself and it was a moment that "felt" like this.

Thank you for posting.....
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Some of us have experienced the reverse to the book you read.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To your question about whether we feel the same...

Speaking for myself, I don't feel that dressing in itself makes me feel freedom. However, chipping away at my fears does feel liberating to me. Yes, I do enjoy the swish of the skirt and the feel of the fabric, but that doesn't match the freedom I feel after facing my fears.

I did love reading the passage, and I bet most of the gals who read it really relate. Thank you for taking the time to share it.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/