Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girly or Manly Workouts???

I do not normally go to the gym. I am a marathoner and mountaineer. My preferred exercise is a six mile run.

I like yoga, running and weight lifting which seems to go from feminine to masculine. And I like to wear skirts running. Tried zumba once and I felt so uncoordinated.

I run, bike, and do a variety of gender neutral things at the gym. Cardio, treadmill, weight machines, etc. Always while wearing some type of female workout clothing. Usually, underdressed while at the gym and such. Small town. Too many people know me. I have to keep things discreet.

Bike riding, sometimes underdressed in the winter, too hot in the summer for a bra though... thinking about running a little too. Funny thing, when in a girly phase (currently been there about six months, it's like manic-depressive, but instead of depressed/hyper I go female then male) I lose weight, I've lost about 8 pounds in the last few months!

7E4E9388-7BDC-4631-B0B1-AA1CA7271EE8.jpg
    ...still present as a guy at the gym just in a more feminine way...I am sure some people snigger behind my back but who cares....
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I go out for my walks , I have noticed what appeared to be gender neutral outfits on some of the walkers .
    Due to the bright colors and designs can not distinguish gender in till I get within 20 feet or sometimes even closer .

Banned Read only
    Neutral workouts with feminine ones. I need to cut back on the high protein foods.

I'd say that there's not much difference between male and female workout. You may find that some exercises are focused on specific muscular groups and that males and females usually prefer to work different groups. But for a general workout, it's not a big deal. Where you're going to find some problems are exercises for the pelvic because the differences in our anatomies are great there. Some of them will give you an erection that's going to interfere with your workout. And if you insist on going on you may find yourself with a painful pair of gonads or a happy ending.

I really would love to have a stripper's pole. It is a full body workout and looks hella fun

Haven't had time to exercise much but need to get back to it. Ride indoor and outdoor bikes mostly. Like to do a lot of cardio and light weights to keep from bulking up too much.

Banned Read only
    Pole classes are fun but it's actually painful the first few times! You really have to wrap your legs around the pole on certain moves and it ends up digging into your shins or other parts. Several instructors only advice to me was "yeah it hurts at first but you'll deaden the nerves after a while."

Silver Member
    Girlyman look for a pole dance studio that is a distance from home, contact them, email is good and ask about guys in class and what to wear. With that question suggest that you are ok with wearing the same as the women or they will likely suggest guy clothes. If you get past the real basic in pole you will need to go to booty shorts and either a crop to/ sports bra or shirtless.
    All of the studios, be it barre or pole have all approved, wear what you are comfortable wearing (pole off course requires skin contact and all of my barre studios required me to cover my midriff and legs below my knees). It just occurred to me how opposite those requirements are...LOL

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    most mornings i do about 2.25 miles of fast walking for my cardio. i follow that with kickbacks, side mule kicks and squats for my booty.....in the afternoon i do a weight workout. i don't use super heavy weights but i do fatigue my muscles. i also am working to get my body fat percentage down to about 18%. i believe a woman can be sexy with well toned and proportioned muscles. plus i just love working out in my exercise thong and sports bra.....love to all

In reply, I am not sure whether it is girly or manly but my exercise usually consist of exercises similar to your image on your profile photo. I call it yoga stretching, always with the legs elevared. Sometime I think of it as the “bottom” in sex, suggesting girly, I suppose. Also, my exercising includes “Tai chi-ing” all movements when doing chores and yard work. By this, I mean making each muscle and skeletal articulation work as slowly and perfectly as possible. ❤️

My go to exercise is yoga, but I've also done pilates and belly dancing.

For a long time, I was inspired by what the ladies were wearing. But, over the last couple of years, I started wearing yoga pants and tops more like the ladies. In fact, I think I'm the one inspiring the ladies.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'd say manly - Not in shape like I used to be, because I can't run anymore, but one day, I do upper body cardio weights (go from one machine to the next with no rest) after warming up on a bike. The next day, I do 30 to 40 minutes on the bike followed by a series of leg cardio weights and isometric exercises. Lots of abs, too. Five to six days a week.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!